Evander Kane: Criticism towards me is racially motivated

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Evander Kane: Criticism towards me is racially motivated

Postby Tim Thomasen on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Rylan wrote:Really, haircuts and taking a picture of himself in Vegas with wads of cash are problems? Seems like silly things to take offense with.

Personally I found it funny, but I can see people in Winnipeg having a problem with it because they feel he should act mature and cut the antics. That and a lockout was going on and maybe they saw Kane of being insenitive to the situtation going on.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby columbia on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:58 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
Rylan wrote:Really, haircuts and taking a picture of himself in Vegas with wads of cash are problems? Seems like silly things to take offense with.

To a lot of us yes. To working-class hockey fans in Winnipeg, maybe not so much.

You might be on to something here.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby Pitt87 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:08 pm

Having just read the article, I don't see where he mentioned Winnipeg media, unless Im missing it. Article mentions Twitter...
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Tim Thomasen on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:44 pm

Pitt87 wrote:Having just read the article, I don't see where he mentioned Winnipeg media, unless Im missing it. Article mentions Twitter...

I got that part from reading what Jets fans are saying on the matter (like on Arctic Ice Hockey). Saying that he their whipping boy and that there trying to run him out of town for being too hard on him.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Previous

Return to NPR