Ryan O'Reilly's sdad is a complete tool

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Ryan O'Reilly's sdad is a complete tool

Postby Desiato on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:48 pm

Godric wrote:Whatever you say man


No, it's whatever the cba says.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,195
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:28 pm

Re: Ryan O'Reilly's sdad is a complete tool

Postby Godric on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:28 am

Desiato wrote:
Godric wrote:Whatever you say man


No, it's whatever the cba says.


Its actually whatever precedent and the team that possesses the player's rights says
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Ryan O'Reilly's sdad is a complete tool

Postby Desiato on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:10 am

Godric wrote:
Desiato wrote:
Godric wrote:Whatever you say man


No, it's whatever the cba says.


Its actually whatever precedent and the team that possesses the player's rights says


Precedence has nothing to do with it. It would have been a factor had this contract dispute been escalated to arbitration.

His team can agree to his offer, make a new offer, trade him or wait. Regardless, he has, in fact, reached the point in his career where he can choose not to sign if he does not accept the terms offered to him. Or "hold out", if you want to call it that. But the truth is that his team is holding out as much as he is, by refusing his terms.

This is simply a disagreement between he and his team. I can understand why some may disagree with whatever terms he's rumored to be demanding, but I do not understand the vitriol. Wishing harm to him? That's deranged. Time to get some help.

Disagreements are a normal part of business. It's not like he's reneged on something he's previously agreed to, like what used to happen in hockey.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,195
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:28 pm

Re: Ryan O'Reilly's sdad is a complete tool

Postby Godric on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:41 am

Desiato wrote:
Godric wrote:
Desiato wrote:
Godric wrote:Whatever you say man


No, it's whatever the cba says.


Its actually whatever precedent and the team that possesses the player's rights says


Precedence has nothing to do with it. It would have been a factor had this contract dispute been escalated to arbitration.

His team can agree to his offer, make a new offer, trade him or wait. Regardless, he has, in fact, reached the point in his career where he can choose not to sign if he does not accept the terms offered to him. Or "hold out", if you want to call it that. But the truth is that his team is holding out as much as he is, by refusing his terms.

This is simply a disagreement between he and his team. I can understand why some may disagree with whatever terms he's rumored to be demanding, but I do not understand the vitriol. Wishing harm to him? That's deranged. Time to get some help.

Disagreements are a normal part of business. It's not like he's reneged on something he's previously agreed to, like what used to happen in hockey.


I'd rather have players that want to win like Sid and Geno
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Ryan O'Reilly's sdad is a complete tool

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:55 am

Ryan O'Reilly wrote:I had no idea of my dads letter to the Denver post. It's tough situation I apologize to anyone bothered by this. Hopefully its over soon.


Evidently, he gets his grammatical expertise from his father. :pop: :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,116
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: Ryan O'Reilly's sdad is a complete tool

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:58 am

Desiato wrote:
Godric wrote:
Desiato wrote:
Godric wrote:Whatever you say man


No, it's whatever the cba says.


Its actually whatever precedent and the team that possesses the player's rights says


Precedence has nothing to do with it. It would have been a factor had this contract dispute been escalated to arbitration.

His team can agree to his offer, make a new offer, trade him or wait. Regardless, he has, in fact, reached the point in his career where he can choose not to sign if he does not accept the terms offered to him. Or "hold out", if you want to call it that. But the truth is that his team is holding out as much as he is, by refusing his terms.

This is simply a disagreement between he and his team. I can understand why some may disagree with whatever terms he's rumored to be demanding, but I do not understand the vitriol. Wishing harm to him? That's deranged. Time to get some help.

Disagreements are a normal part of business. It's not like he's reneged on something he's previously agreed to, like what used to happen in hockey.


No one is arguing the legality of what he is doing, they're arguing that he is trash for doing it and is less than most NHL players.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,648
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Ryan O'Reilly's sdad is a complete tool

Postby Desiato on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:57 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:No one is arguing the legality of what he is doing, they're arguing that he is trash for doing it and is less than most NHL players.

Why is he trash? What do you base that on? Rumors about what he's asking for? And so what if he's wrong about his value?

He and his team merely have a disagreement about the terms of his contract. If he was just supposed to take what was offered to him before the start of training camp, he wouldn't be an RFA.

What's baffling to me is not that you disagree with him, but that you call him trash and hope he gets injured. Do you really think that's balanced? Do you have a firm enough grip of the facts to apparently hate someone about this?

This isn't a player, like Yashin, refusing to honor his existing deal for more money. Something like that clearly crosses boundaries. O'Reilly and his team just can't agree on the terms of his next contact. They're playing hardball as much as he. Both parties are failing. It sucks, but it's not personal.

I love how this thread is now descending to the point where a hockey player is being derided for his grammar. Unreal.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,195
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:28 pm

Re: Ryan O'Reilly's sdad is a complete tool

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:16 pm

He is an Av right now whether or not he has a contract. He has turned his back on the team because he wants to be paid like a 30 goal scorer. He's scored just over that in 3 seasons. He wants to get paid off of one good year, and if he actually thought he was worth that money, he would be playing this year on a one year deal and getting paid for his performance.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,648
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Ryan O'Reilly's sdad is a complete tool

Postby Desiato on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:He is an Av right now whether or not he has a contract. He has turned his back on the team because he wants to be paid like a 30 goal scorer. He's scored just over that in 3 seasons. He wants to get paid off of one good year, and if he actually thought he was worth that money, he would be playing this year on a one year deal and getting paid for his performance.


He hasn't turned his back on his team. He hasn't agreed to terms with management. Avs management have "turned their back" to the team as much as he has.

You're choosing to hate a guy because of your opinion of his worth versus rumors of what he and the team have offered, the details of which we're all clueless of. I'm not even going to debate his value, because it's incidental. He's worth what someone is willing to pay him. We'll find out what that is eventually.

Despite whatever delusions and fantasies fans have about professional sports, codes and ethics, at the end of the day it's an entertainment business. Everyone--players, owners, management--is in it for themselves; for money, ego or both. If O'Reilly is guilty of anything, it's not conforming to your fantasy.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,195
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:28 pm

Previous

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


e-mail