Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Postby the wicked child on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:44 am

Matthew Monstar wrote:Really makes you wonder....If San Jose would have finished off LA.... How different these playoffs would have turned out.

We'd be talking about the Chicago dynasty instead... that's about it.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,335
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Postby Matthew Monstar on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:47 am

the wicked child wrote:
Matthew Monstar wrote:Really makes you wonder....If San Jose would have finished off LA.... How different these playoffs would have turned out.

We'd be talking about the Chicago dynasty instead... that's about it.



Yuck
Matthew Monstar
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,070
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:38 pm
Location: oHIo

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Postby Eismann on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:48 am

Avyran wrote:Cup-winning goal for those (like me) who missed it, on Gfycat (which converts GIF to HTML5).


Pretty sweet tech. But what does the url mean?

http://gfycat.com/ElaborateDishonestCod
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,263
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Somebody's funny nightmare

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Postby dodint on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:49 am

Tomas wrote:
dodint wrote:I guess Marty's mum couldn't make the flight.


Really??? The guy's mom died. I am considerably older than he is, and I still can't imagine the volume of grief one would feel when something like that happens. And yet he turned up for work, and performed admirably. So what if people around him or media were somewhat impassioned about the whole thing - is it really that bad? :face:


When the commentators say things are happening on the ice because of "divine intervention" whatever genuine sentiment that would be reserved for the situation has left the building. I'm sorry that during a SC celebration this is what you decide to hone in on but if it ruins your night that's on you.

For the record, I have nothing against MSL other than him being a pissant whiner about the Olympics/trade. NBC turning her death into a marketing gimmick deserves as many demeaning comments as I can throw at it.
dodint
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,532
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 am
Location: 975.6

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Postby Eismann on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:53 am

I will also schadenfreundingly say that the back-of-net camera shots of Lundqvist after the game winning goal goes past him have been great. Looking forward to seeing the clincher.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,263
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Somebody's funny nightmare

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Postby offsides on Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:47 pm

Tomas wrote:
dodint wrote:I guess Marty's mum couldn't make the flight.


Really??? The guy's mom died. I am considerably older than he is, and I still can't imagine the volume of grief one would feel when something like that happens. And yet he turned up for work, and performed admirably. So what if people around him or media were somewhat impassioned about the whole thing - is it really that bad? :face:


Have to agree with the classless mum comment. Both me and my wife lost our mother's this year and it has been very, very hard on us. Definitely nothing to make stupid\tasteless comments about on a hockey message board.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,392
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Postby dodint on Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Got it. NBC exploiting the situation for weeks at a time to pump ratings is good, definitely not disgusting at all.

Me calling them on the absurdity is stupid/tasteless? Got it.

You perpetuating the conversation by (purposely/stupidly) missing the point from your high horse is good? Got it.

In the future I will surely dictate my post content based on your purposely misdirected opinion, I will definitely take that into account because it is very important to me. Accommodating the lowest common denominator is very important on internet message boards. Thank you for your valued feedback.
dodint
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,532
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 am
Location: 975.6

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:08 pm

Matthew Monstar wrote:Really makes you wonder....If San Jose would have finished off LA.... How different these playoffs would have turned out.



Does San Jose feel like they get a "gimme" now because the team that beat them won the whole friggin thing? Given their history, I'd say no.


Hell no to San Jose.

If the Sharks did beat the Kings, I think the Ducks might have been there. Both teams were really close, the only thing that seperates them imo is goaltending.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,460
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Postby offsides on Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:34 pm

dodint wrote:Got it. NBC exploiting the situation for weeks at a time to pump ratings is good, definitely not disgusting at all.

Me calling them on the absurdity is stupid/tasteless? Got it.

You perpetuating the conversation by (purposely/stupidly) missing the point from your high horse is good? Got it.

In the future I will surely dictate my post content based on your purposely misdirected opinion, I will definitely take that into account because it is very important to me. Accommodating the lowest common denominator is very important on internet message boards. Thank you for your valued feedback.


Well, look at the bright side. You are just as important to me as I am to you, maybe less. And I also thank you for your valued feedback. I eagerly await your next thoughtful post, but I will not be posting anything based on your misdirected opinion because it is not important to me, in the least.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,392
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Previous

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

e-mail