Coyotes name 26 year old GM

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Coyotes name 26 year old GM

Postby Sigwolf on Thu May 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,971
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: north central Ohio

Re: Coyotes name 26 year old GM

Postby Humperdink on Thu May 05, 2016 5:42 pm

Key resume enhancement: "Chayka joined the Coyotes prior to last season after co-founding the hockey analytics firm Stathletes in 2009."

Apparently Nate Silver turned the position down. (sarc)
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,856
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:10 am
Location: Allegheny National Forest

Re: Coyotes name 26 year old GM

Postby Jim on Fri May 06, 2016 6:51 am

There are a lot of 20-something's here that think that they know how to best run a team...
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,475
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Coyotes name 26 year old GM

Postby Sigwolf on Fri May 06, 2016 8:02 am

Jim wrote:There are a lot of 20-something's here that think that they know how to best run a team...


That's the scary part... now they're actually letting one do it. :twisted:
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,971
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: north central Ohio

Re: Coyotes name 26 year old GM

Postby Jim on Fri May 06, 2016 8:06 am

Sigwolf wrote:
Jim wrote:There are a lot of 20-something's here that think that they know how to best run a team...


That's the scary part... now they're actually letting one do it. :twisted:


"Well, that guy is good on PlayStation so lets trade for him"
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,475
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Coyotes name 26 year old GM

Postby bhaw on Fri May 06, 2016 9:46 pm

Doan committed to coming back to the Coyotes for at least 1 more year.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,740
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Coyotes name 26 year old GM

Postby Southern Fan on Fri May 13, 2016 10:16 am

So Rutherford retired from the NHL in 1983 after a 14 year career. Chayka was born in 1989.
Southern Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,020
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:51 am

Re: Coyotes name 26 year old GM

Postby IntangibleBeer on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:36 pm

Jim wrote:
Sigwolf wrote:
Jim wrote:There are a lot of 20-something's here that think that they know how to best run a team...


That's the scary part... now they're actually letting one do it. :twisted:


"Well, that guy is good on PlayStation so lets trade for him"


Hmm. This seems appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHPfgsTVTjA
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,218
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 10:17 am
Location: Cranberry Township, PA


Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


e-mail