WJC Thread - Canada / USA (Spoilers)

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

WJC Thread - Canada / USA (Spoilers)

Postby Jesse on Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:39 pm

Anyone watching this?

I've been sidelined with a disgusting stomach virus that has done unspeakable things to my insides. This is the first time I've been up since Christmas. I'm not missing this one :).
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jesse on Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:56 pm

The US power-play is about as bad if not worse than the Penguins.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jesse on Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:59 pm

1-0 Canada.

Downie from Letang.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jesse on Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:06 pm

2-0 Canada.

Feed is bad, but I think Tommy Pyatt scored there.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jesse on Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:30 pm

Lots of early second period action.

Toews scores for Canada on the PP to make it 3-0

but right after Erik Johnson sneaks a wrister from the center point in on Carey Price to make it 3-1.

Letang/Bourdon have not seen any PP time since the first goal.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jesse on Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:37 pm

Don't look now, but here come the Americans.

3-2 on a Mike Carman goal. Nice US set up, going end to end on a designed breakout.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Draftnik on Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:43 pm

Jack Johnson, Chorney, and Lee have been bad again. Canada's 2 PP markers were the result of good screening/poor American coverage and they got the 1st goal because JJ made a bonehead pinch.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Draftnik on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:43 pm

Wow, Team USA got away with a goaltender interference penalty on our 3rd goal. Jack Johnson has been brutal. His penalty led to the 1st German goal. His bad pinch led to the 1st Canadian goal and his giveaway led to the Toews PS. I also think he was responsible for the 2nd or 3rd Canadian goal.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Draftnik on Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:13 pm

Pathetic showing by Team USA. I guess all the boys are content with their college scholarships and 1st round draft status. Canada wanted it more. It was exemplified by the 5th Canadian goal where some anonymous Canadian outskated EJ to the puck. Disgraceful. No national pride, only selfish agendas.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bowser on Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:31 pm

Draftnik - USA Hockey needs to get back to the style of Herb Brooks. Is there any former American hockey star who can rip the organization in the media and possibly do something to change the course of its direction.

I'm talking someone who not only could talk from playing experience but could step in and do what Herb did as a coach. There has to be someone in US willing to take that stand.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Brode on Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:04 am

Bowser wrote:Draftnik - USA Hockey needs to get back to the style of Herb Brooks. Is there any former American hockey star who can rip the organization in the media and possibly do something to change the course of its direction.

An American hockey star that isn't afraid to say something unpopular in the media? TAKE YOUR PICK. Roenick. Hull. Chelios. Tkachuk probably has a chip on his shoulder. What about Modano, he complains enough any time he gets touched..?
Brode

Postby pfim on Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:39 am

It was exemplified by the 5th Canadian goal where some anonymous Canadian outskated EJ to the puck.

Not to make excuses, but EJ was out there forever and Helm? had just come on the ice. You could definitely see that coming.

I think they could limit their disgrace to a few players, really, I thought they showed some resolve to come back.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: WJC Thread - Canada / USA (Spoilers)

Postby conforto45 on Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:42 am

Jesse wrote:Anyone watching this?

I've been sidelined with a disgusting stomach virus that has done unspeakable things to my insides. This is the first time I've been up since Christmas. I'm not missing this one :).

oh god dude, i had the same thing. got it christmas eve morning. i couldnt step away from the restroom all day. kept me pent up for 3 days. i couldnt eat or drink a thing w/o gettin sick. it tore me up real bad. im finally feelin better, but now, i passed it onto my girlfriend.. shes got it as bad as me. and she works w/ the public, so its even worse for her
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to NPR