So... what did you get for x-mas?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

So... what did you get for x-mas?

Postby nexguy66 on Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:14 pm

Sorry, I have to brag on my wife's gift to me...

It looks like a picture frame as I open it and voila... it IS a picture.. this one: :?

Then she tells me to tear off the back paper... and I do to reveal: :shock:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yes, the "glowing" pair of tickets are to the Pens game here in Texas on the 26th. Been a while since I've been able to catch a Pens game :wink:

Also, yes... in the lower right is a note that says All-Star tickets are on the way :shock: :shock:

.....yay wife
nexguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:33 pm

I got Joe Starkey's book Tales from the Pittsburgh Penguins which I reccomend everyone acquire.

It's really nice reading about Baz Bastien and all the guys that built this team in the early 70's.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby careyz8 on Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:55 pm

Money to pay for my spring break trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and to buy whatever I want because my family didnt feel like shopping this year.
careyz8
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kicksave on Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:00 pm

careyz8 wrote:Money to pay for my spring break trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and to buy whatever I want because my family didnt feel like shopping this year.

Damn, you're spoiled.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby careyz8 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:39 am

Kicksave wrote:
careyz8 wrote:Money to pay for my spring break trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and to buy whatever I want because my family didnt feel like shopping this year.

Damn, you're spoiled.

Ehh, not really. Compared to the kids I go to school with, its as if I'm living on the streets. There are kids up there, Allegheny College, driving brand new Jaguars and Mercedes, while i'm driving a hand-me-down '93 Grand Prix with almost 200,000 miles on it. I could go on all night about how poor I am compared to people up there, but I wont because 1) i am drunk and 2) because im tired
careyz8
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BJL on Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:14 am

PS3 w/ NHL 2k7
BJL
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby conforto45 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:16 am

Reebok Steelers team hoodie
couple Pens t-shirts
new Pens hat

and a new hockey stick ( complements of me )...Synergy ST-Gaborik Curve
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:57 am

The Rookie
Pens Calendar
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller :D
50 dollar giftcard to Best Buy for World of Warcraft: Burning Crusades Expansion...haha

New Motherboard, Video Card, 2 Gigs of Ram, and 19 inch Widescreen Monitor....supplied by myself :D :D...wouldnt have happened if my motherboard didn't blow up.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:12 pm

*New Sony surround sound system with DVD player and receiver.
*Citizens Eco-Drive watch
*Some new jeans and sweaters
*Sidney Crosby T-shirt
*Steelers Road to the Super Bowl 4 disk DVD (Full length DVDs of all four playoff games without commericials!)
*History of the Pittsburgh Steelers DVD
*Bottle of Chianti
*Toaster Oven
*Cash and some gift cards to Red Robin and Applebees
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kicksave on Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:16 pm

careyz8 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:

Damn, you're spoiled.

Ehh, not really. Compared to the kids I go to school with, its as if I'm living on the streets. There are kids up there, Allegheny College, driving brand new Jaguars and Mercedes, while i'm driving a hand-me-down '93 Grand Prix with almost 200,000 miles on it. I could go on all night about how poor I am compared to people up there, but I wont because 1) i am drunk and 2) because im tired

Don't talk about how poor you are after telling me you are going to Cabo San Lucas for Spring Break and money for whatever you want. lol
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jerez on Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:06 am

My brother home from the hospital the night before Christmas Eve, after having a seizure at work on Thursday night before Christmas. Thankfully they didn't find anything TOO serious -- just a long-overdue change of lifestyle ordered by the doctor.

Thank God he was around people and 911 came right away and they took him to emergency, stitched up his head, did a plethora of tests, kept him a couple of days -- and the boss says he wants workmen's comp to cover it.

The best gift I got this year. I can't imagine losing my favorite little brother. Thanks, God or whoever, from the bottom of my heart.
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jim on Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:04 pm

I didn't get anything. I had to pay $50 and pick up the garbage.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:52 pm

Jerez wrote:My brother home from the hospital the night before Christmas Eve, after having a seizure at work on Thursday night before Christmas. Thankfully they didn't find anything TOO serious -- just a long-overdue change of lifestyle ordered by the doctor.

Thank God he was around people and 911 came right away and they took him to emergency, stitched up his head, did a plethora of tests, kept him a couple of days -- and the boss says he wants workmen's comp to cover it.

The best gift I got this year. I can't imagine losing my favorite little brother. Thanks, God or whoever, from the bottom of my heart.

Jerez, I am very happy to hear that your brother is all right. As you get older you realize that the people who are close to you make all the difference in your happiness. Good to hear that he's okay and that he will be your Christmas present every day from here out.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Jerez on Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:37 pm

The Snapshot wrote: Jerez, I am very happy to hear that your brother is all right. As you get older you realize that the people who are close to you make all the difference in your happiness. Good to hear that he's okay and that he will be your Christmas present every day from here out.

Thanks, Snapper. It was quite a shock and very scary, but there were many worse possible causes than "low blood sodium." He has to eat right, stop smoking, drink less beer.

I've lost my father, my older brother has had 5 heart attacks, I've lost beloved pets -- I'm thankful for everyone around me. My loved ones are definitely the most important "things" in my life. I would absolutely give up everything else. I'm also lucky to have one of those families where the last thing we say to each other when leaving or hanging up the phone is "I love you."

We all need to look around and be thankful. Happy New Year!
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensBeerGeek on Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:39 pm

This year, I got a full array of hockey gear for starting to play in 2007 (well, or starting yesterday at the LGP game :D)

In addition, my brother got me an Armstrong Reebok T, Laura Stamm's Power Skating book (highly recommended, btw), Bobby Hull Jr's Shooting DVD and a ticket to the Hurricanes game on the 2nd :D
PensBeerGeek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to NPR