Was the stick sale worth while?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Was the stick sale worth while?

Postby Jim on Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:52 am

I debated long and hard about going, but decided not to. Was it the right choice? Anyone here go?
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mango Salsa on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:02 am

From what I heard it opened early & everything was picked over if you got there at the scheduled opening.

Here's a couple threads from folks who went...

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27169

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=015631
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BJL on Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:29 am

Depends what your angle is. If you were looking for some fairly new sticks to play with, then yeah it was pretty good. If you're into collecting memorabilia... eh so-so. If you would have shown up at 3 PM it wouldn't have been worth it, but I got there before 1:00 and they still had a decent selection.
BJL
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Jim on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:10 pm

After reading those threads I am glad that I didn't go. $75 minimum, with no real stars... blah.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cma3585 on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:55 pm

i got there at 2:45 and was thoroughly disappointed at the fact that it started so early. i wasn't looking to get a crosby, malkin, staal, or even moore stick...just wanted something right handed at a decent price. obviously that didn't happen.
cma3585
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PensBeerGeek on Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:35 pm

Since they opened it up WAY too early, the stick sale was really a waste of time (my brother and I were there at least 5 till 3, and the selection was pretty well cleared out by that point).

I thought the biggest laugher was the fact that they were selling Welch's wood sticks at $75 a piece...at least twice what they were worth.

At least we ran into a guy on the T that picked up a Vector for his kid, so I'm glad it went well for somebody :D
PensBeerGeek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Mango Salsa on Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:45 am

At least we ran into a guy on the T that picked up a Vector for his kid, so I'm glad it went well for somebody Very Happy

Reminds me of a story...A couple weeks ago me & my boy rode the Metro down to DC to see the Caps play. On the train ride back there was a little girl sitting near us holding Kolzig's stick from the game, still wet from the melting ice. He handed it to her on his way off the ice.

/hijack
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to NPR