Canada/USA game on TSN...

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby conforto45 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:50 pm

BLAME CANADA!
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Draftnik on Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:53 pm

Pat Kane 0-2 including a chance to win. Can't ask for more than that. We paid dearly for losing to Germany and not getting the #2 seed in our pool which would have meant a likely semi-final win over Russia.

Can't fault the boys today though. They represented our country with an outstanding 70+ minute effort.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shinoix on Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:55 pm

Draftnik wrote:Pat Kane 0-2 including a chance to win. Can't ask for more than that. We paid dearly for losing to Germany and not getting the #2 seed in our pool which would have meant a likely semi-final win over Russia.

Can't fault the boys today though. They represented our country with an outstanding 70+ minute effort.

The US team bounced back huge from their first meeting with Canada. A great game ended with a stupid, stupid format. Especially adding in the fact that you can reuse shooters....talk about taking away from a team game! It went down to two shooters from each team essentially, and their goalie.

DUMB

Go Canada though!
Shinoix

Postby Draftnik on Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:01 pm

Shinoix wrote:
Draftnik wrote:Pat Kane 0-2 including a chance to win. Can't ask for more than that. We paid dearly for losing to Germany and not getting the #2 seed in our pool which would have meant a likely semi-final win over Russia.

The US team bounced back huge from their first meeting with Canada. A great game ended with a stupid, stupid format. Especially adding in the fact that you can reuse shooters....talk about taking away from a team game! It went down to two shooters from each team essentially, and their goalie.

DUMB

Go Canada though!

Neither goalie was very experienced in SO style play. Unless Frazee poke checked the puck it was going in. I'm not faulting the kid, but it was clear neither goalie was drilled in how to attack the shooters. It was the total opposite of how the goalies own the shooters in the NHL. Mueller shot the puck right into Price's chest/stomach on the last attempt.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:06 pm

USA!
Much better game than I expected for USA!
Happy K Letang, not a world jr goat for his penalty.

I would riot if NHL adopted the SO for the play-offs.
Granted, sudden death is abrupt ending, but at least
it ends within a hockey game.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Draftnik on Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:28 pm

penny lane wrote:USA!

I would have loved to see Letang wear the goat horns, but I know I am one of the few in the US that place the national team infinitely above the club team.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby stopper40 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:30 pm

Draftnik wrote:
penny lane wrote:USA!

I would have loved to see Letang wear the goat horns, but I know I am one of the few in the US that place the national team infinitely above the club team.

Completely agree with you
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to NPR