Swann or Rendell?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Swann or Rendell?

Postby Scott on Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:04 pm

If you had to vote right now....who?
YES, this kind of, sort of, is Penguin related.;)
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby fourtKNOX on Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:07 pm

Swanny... but I am a minority in the state of PA :lol:
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby BurghThing on Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:25 pm

Swann
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby saveourpens on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:24 pm

Are those the only choices? Wow...neither.
saveourpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:22 am

As much as I hate Rendell, and trust me I do....

Swann has looked lost anytime I have seen him interviewed on any legit issue. A deer in the headlights type look, and he just randomly babbles something that has no relevance.

It's kinda scary either way you look at it if these are the only 2 choices.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby fourtKNOX on Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:51 am

surprise surprise... demos... finding away to say that swan could or would be any worse then SWANNN

wake up ppl... what the heck has demos done for this state/city... drive up a debt... lost thousands of jobs... anything else you want me to say... you all sit here and say why am i still living here... because you like comfort... comfort is demos in the offices... its no good for the state, or region... buty yet you will still vote for them in office...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :roll:
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby plasticbratt on Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:08 am

I'd vote for half of both: Swindel.
plasticbratt
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Marshall Dylan on Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:56 am

fourtKNOX wrote:surprise surprise... demos... finding away to say that swan could or would be any worse then SWANNN

wake up ppl... what the heck has demos done for this state/city... drive up a debt... lost thousands of jobs... anything else you want me to say... you all sit here and say why am i still living here... because you like comfort... comfort is demos in the offices... its no good for the state, or region... buty yet you will still vote for them in office...

Pennsylvania has had Republican governors for eight of the last 11 years.
Marshall Dylan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby fourtKNOX on Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:06 am

Marshall Dylan wrote:
fourtKNOX wrote:surprise surprise... demos... finding away to say that swan could or would be any worse then SWANNN

doesnt mean a darn thing if every other position is held by a demo??? govenor can only do so much...
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Not to mention

Postby rasbatch on Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:08 pm

I have yet to see Swann say anything that would lead you to believe he has a grasp of any issues facing PA. Like Tik said just pandering to the hot button issues of gays and abortion. Surprising he has brought guns into it. But, my opinion doesn't mean a whole lot since I'm in WV. :lol: Guns issues are actually ahead of god and gays down here :roll:
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:16 pm

LOL...you've got a case to make in the city, but I'd stick to that. The state has been run by the GOP for quite some time now, unless you don't think that control of the state legislature, the previous governor, and both U.S. Senators count.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:18 pm

fourtKNOX wrote:
Marshall Dylan wrote:

doesnt mean a darn thing if every other position is held by a demo??? govenor can only do so much...

You mean every other position like...state legislature? Attorneys General? U.S. Senators? Where exactly are all these powerful demonic Democrats? Don't tell me, I know. They're all living in those luxury condos in downtown Pittsburgh.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:21 pm

Swanny!!!
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby fourtKNOX on Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:08 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:
LOL...you've got a case to make in the city, but I'd stick to that. The state has been run by the GOP for quite some time now, unless you don't think that control of the state legislature, the previous governor, and both U.S. Senators count.

that is pretty much what im talking about the city... city... city... and now all of a sudden ppl are pushing them into state offices... i understand that the state has some flaws thanks to the GOP from years past but we should all have learned a very very important lesson with all the demos in the city seats...

shouldnt we
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:11 pm

fourtKNOX wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:

that is pretty much what im talking about the city... city... city... and now all of a sudden ppl are pushing them into state offices... i understand that the state has some flaws thanks to the GOP from years past but we should all have learned a very very important lesson with all the demos in the city seats...

shouldnt we

What lesson is that? Politicians suck?

I'm not sure what lesson you get with the Dems f-ing up at the city level and the GOP f-ing up at the state and national levels and no third party that's anything other than a joke. I guess there is a lesson there, but it's pretty depressing.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins