Official Game Thread- Flyers @ Penguins 11/13/06

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby newarenanow on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:17 pm

We are going to win the cup this year!!!!
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby NIN on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:17 pm

shmenguin wrote:so now what? we squeaked one out when it should have been another 8-2 game. should we be happy we won despite very bad luck or should we be worried that we couldn't put away the most rotten team in the NHL until the very end?

Just go with what feels natural.
NIN

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:18 pm

Derian Hatcher is the biggest piece of **** in the NHL. I hope someone ends his career.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rocco on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:19 pm

minimal wrote:
Rocco wrote:And now, The Natural music plays. You're welcome everyone, drive home safely.

Nice outing Rocco.

M.

Thanks. It felt good to get out on the mound. It feels out there. I mean, it's a major rush. I mean, it feels radical in kind of a tubular sort of way, but most of all, it feels out there.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:19 pm

NIN wrote:
shmenguin wrote:so now what? we squeaked one out when it should have been another 8-2 game. should we be happy we won despite very bad luck or should we be worried that we couldn't put away the most rotten team in the NHL until the very end?

Just go with what feels natural.

:lol:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DelPen on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:19 pm

shmenguin wrote:so now what? we squeaked one out when it should have been another 8-2 game. should we be happy we one despite very bad luck or should we be worried that we couldn't put away the most rotten team in the NHL until the very end?

Hopefully Therrien sees he needs to play Malkin with Sid. They scored at will there and had a great chnace the shift before the goal. And Staal is a center who needs to play with slower skaters. All I know is Malkin better be playing with Sid next game and Staal better be centering two of Oulet, Leclair, Rex or Ekman.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby netwolf on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:19 pm

Good job by the Pens to gut out an uneven game in which they got schooled on faceoffs, winning 27 and losing 40. They did a better job of staying out of the box, but a lot of that might be due to them playing a much less aggressive opponent.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby opie22002 on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:19 pm

Where did that shot hit Crosby? I'm concerned?
opie22002
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:20 pm

I learned a few things tonight:

1. Ryan Whitney couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

2. The Penguins are a young team taking bumps and learning. Good playing tonight, could have easily been 5-2 or worse.

I hope Sid is okay, that was a nasty bullet to the upper body.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sigwolf on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:20 pm

Please tell me you're joking...
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:20 pm

Rocco wrote:
minimal wrote:
Rocco wrote:And now, The Natural music plays. You're welcome everyone, drive home safely.

Nice outing Rocco.

M.

Thanks. It felt good to get out on the mound. It feels out there. I mean, it's a major rush. I mean, it feels radical in kind of a tubular sort of way, but most of all, it feels out there.

I guess it's a perk of being the thread manager to get to pick your spots against a lousy Philly team. :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:21 pm

opie22002 wrote:Where did that shot hit Crosby? I'm concerned?

Looked like his chest, and even if it was a little bit lower he'll be fine. I'd be worried about hands, top of knee and then neck and I don't think anything hit those areas.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:21 pm

jesus, just saw it now...crosby wiped out freddy meyer against the boards right when malkin scored. just creamed him. meyer wanted a pentalty even though he just finished mugging sid.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SMTM on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:21 pm

Whitney was one of three empty nets short of a Gordie Howe hattrick. He may never have a better chance again. Got to bury those open shots. Fun game to watch.
SMTM
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby netwolf on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:22 pm

DelPen wrote:

Looked like his chest, and even if it was a little bit lower he'll be fine. I'd be worried about hands, top of knee and then neck and I don't think anything hit those areas.

Shots to the chest are no joke. Didn't Chris Pronger have his heart stopped by one before? That was the first thing I thought of after he got hit.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:22 pm

shmenguin wrote:jesus, just saw it now...crosby wiped out freddy meyer against the boards right when malkin scored. just creamed him. meyer wanted a pentalty even though he just finished mugging sid.

The best thing about the goal was that Malkin was showing slap shot and the Flyers couldn;t do antyhing to stop the goal.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:22 pm

netwolf wrote:
Rocco wrote:
minimal wrote:

Nice outing Rocco.

M.

I guess it's a perk of being the thread manager to get to pick your spots against a lousy Philly team. :lol:

It's good to be the boss. :) Hey, they lost 5 in a row, someone had to step up and take care of things. A good friend once told me sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you get rained out. Think about that for a while.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby opie22002 on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:23 pm

Leclair and Oulette on the same line was a dumb move though. Both of them play the same worthless style. Poor Malkin was invisible up to the last shift.
opie22002
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby minimal on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:23 pm

netwolf wrote:
Rocco wrote:
minimal wrote:

Nice outing Rocco.

M.

Hey man, I'm not scared, I'll take the Sabres on Friday.

M.
minimal
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SoCalPenguin on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:23 pm

I really hope Sid is ok.
SoCalPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DelPen on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:23 pm

netwolf wrote:
DelPen wrote:

Shots to the chest are no joke. Didn't Chris Pronger have his heart stopped by one before? That was the first thing I thought of after he got hit.

I though ti was Fischer on the Wings and he had a heart condition already. For 99% of the population taking a wrister to the chest with or without padding will just leave a bruise.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eastonpensfan on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:24 pm

SMTM wrote:Whitney was one of three empty nets short of a Gordie Howe hattrick. He may never have a better chance again. Got to bury those open shots. Fun game to watch.

He didn't have the assist either.

So, he was a goal and an assist short of the GH HT.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby fourtKNOX on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:25 pm

quick ? to you all... after the army hit... agreed that army lost his balance... but the guy hits him from behind... with the puck still 10 ft away on the boards...

first off there is less then 45 seconds left... your on a pp... why do you send out malkin, crosby, and was it army... especially against the flyers... why not trought out... ruutu (sp), thorborn, and somebody else...

my philosophy is... you dont need the goal... yes its good for the percent... but you dont need it... and secondly its somebody else taking that puck to the upper body... not your franchise player...

i dotn know maybe i am wrong... would have handled it differently though!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:26 pm

DelPen wrote:
netwolf wrote:
DelPen wrote:

I though ti was Fischer on the Wings and he had a heart condition already. For 99% of the population taking a wrister to the chest with or without padding will just leave a bruise.

it was Pronger. Like 6 or 8 years ago. He went down and stayed down after a couple seconds. Corsby looked fine skating to the tunnel.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby André on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:27 pm

shmenguin wrote:
EagleMorph wrote:Philthy out there with the intent to injure now.

No class at all.

that didn't look that bad. i'm surprised army went down like that.

Thank you, a non homer :) It was interference though, but not too bad.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins