Official Game Thread- Flyers @ Penguins 11/13/06

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby netwolf on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:27 pm

Keith Jones is a moron, not that I didn't know that. Engblom is a tool as well. Jones called it a "good hit" and Engblom said Armstrong "wasn't ready for the severity of that hit."

Do those two idiots realize it was textbook interference? You'd think Army would have his head up for stuff like that, but still.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby André on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:28 pm

Flyers suck. Pens should've made something better out of this game but hey they won :) G'night people!
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby netwolf on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:30 pm

Rocco wrote:
netwolf wrote:I guess it's a perk of being the thread manager to get to pick your spots against a lousy Philly team. :lol:

It's good to be the boss. :) Hey, they lost 5 in a row, someone had to step up and take care of things. A good friend once told me sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you get rained out. Think about that for a while.

I don't think that applies in hockey, but with you being LGP.com's resident lawyer, I'm sure you could find a way to successfully argue it anyhow. :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:30 pm

Deas wrote:Flyers suck. Pens should've made something better out of this game but hey they won :) G'night people!

If Therrien played the correct llaines from the get go it would have been a black and gold massacre. Instead, he waited until 3:30 left even after Staal showed what he could do with linemates whom played his tempo. I am getting really frustrated with these lines.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby opie22002 on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:30 pm

fourtKNOX wrote:
my philosophy is... you dont need the goal... yes its good for the percent... but you dont need it... and secondly its somebody else taking that puck to the upper body... not your franchise player...

i dotn know maybe i am wrong... would have handled it differently though!

In that situation, I think Therrien was trying to get his best face-off man on the ice to take a critical defensive zone face-off.
opie22002
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby arizonahotrock on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:50 pm

Did Canaan post at all on this game thread? I think the stat of him posting on game threads is 0-3 or something like that....
arizonahotrock

Postby yeltzen on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:54 pm

opie22002 wrote:Leclair and Oulette on the same line was a dumb move though. Both of them play the same worthless style. Poor Malkin was invisible up to the last shift.

Yeah, they sure were worthless on that Staal goal.
yeltzen

Postby netwolf on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:57 pm

opie22002 wrote:
fourtKNOX wrote:
my philosophy is... you dont need the goal... yes its good for the percent... but you dont need it... and secondly its somebody else taking that puck to the upper body... not your franchise player...

In that situation, I think Therrien was trying to get his best face-off man on the ice to take a critical defensive zone face-off.

Actually, Malkin was their best faceoff man overall tonight at 54%. Crosby was second at 48%, but he did take a lot more draws and he was 4/7 in his own end, which was the best.

In situations like that, I think I would have Malkin and Crosby out there. Have the first guy try to anticipate and jump the drop a bit. If he gets tossed out of the circle, you still have a good shot at winning it.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:57 pm

arizonahotrock wrote:Did Canaan post at all on this game thread? I think the stat of him posting on game threads is 0-3 or something like that....

i was at red dawgs in donora....where the pens are 2-0 when im watching....im going to headbutt you...sob :D
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby yeltzen on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:00 am

netwolf wrote:
opie22002 wrote:
fourtKNOX wrote:

Actually, Malkin was their best faceoff man overall tonight at 54%. Crosby was second at 48%, but he did take a lot more draws and he was 4/7 in his own end, which was the best.

In situations like that, I think I would have Malkin and Crosby out there. Have the first guy try to anticipate and jump the drop a bit. If he gets tossed out of the circle, you still have a good shot at winning it.

After the hit on Colby, I'd have Roy, Thorburn, Moore, Scuderi, and Melichar out there.
yeltzen

Postby Guido on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:01 am

That sure was an exciting game...nice to get out of the funk! Now let's string a few together boys. Let's Go Pens!!!
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby TheHammer24 on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:40 am

Be very concerned about the Crosby shot being a Collar Bone injury. I was at the game and haven't seen the replay, but that is the biggest broken bone concern about a shot to the chest
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby magnum on Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:02 am

I tell you what, Flyers fan shiould be kissing Nitty's rear after that game. Get rid of the 3 easy's that Whitney missed net on, Nitty was tough tonight. We controlled and dictated most of that game and Nitty was pretty tough giving an awful Flyers team a chance.

Despite just scoring 3 goals, I thought this was one of our better games. Offensively, goaltending, defense, PK and PP. the score doesn't show it... but man this game could've been 8-1
magnum
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:58 am

magnum wrote:I tell you what, Flyers fan shiould be kissing Nitty's rear after that game. Get rid of the 3 easy's that Whitney missed net on, Nitty was tough tonight. We controlled and dictated most of that game and Nitty was pretty tough giving an awful Flyers team a chance.

Despite just scoring 3 goals, I thought this was one of our better games. Offensively, goaltending, defense, PK and PP. the score doesn't show it... but man this game could've been 8-1

They played very well, and for the most part dictated play. My only concern in this game was the lack of finish from guys that need to get going, Colby is my favorite player, but this is getting ridiculous. Whitney had some golden chances too, but I was very happy with his play tonight overall. It could have been a great game for him had he buried at least that last slapshot from the slot.

On the plus side, Jordan Staal absolutely wired that one-timer top shelf. Great goal and I hope that injects him with more confidence, because I thought he was slipping a little before tonight.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby magnum on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:08 am

Staal is playing alright. He just turned 18 and is getting used to the NHL. It's definitely a different pace of a game and style from Juniors. He seems to be in more of a "not make a mistake" mode right now while he's learning than an aggressive mode and that will change when he gains more confidence. His shot tonight was very much Eric Staal like.

I didn't like him starting off the game on the 4th line so Leclair could play on the 2nd line (especially against a Flyers team that has no defense. Staal and Malkin need games like this together to form some chemistry).

But honestly, Staal is coming along decently. I wish I knew more about Eric's rooking season so I could compare.
magnum
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby André on Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:37 am

TheHammer24 wrote:Be very concerned about the Crosby shot being a Collar Bone injury. I was at the game and haven't seen the replay, but that is the biggest broken bone concern about a shot to the chest

I was concerned about his collar bone as well, but the way he got up and slashed one of the Flyers in front of the net was reassuring =)
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby André on Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:55 am

DelPen wrote:
Deas wrote:Flyers suck. Pens should've made something better out of this game but hey they won :) G'night people!

If Therrien played the correct llaines from the get go it would have been a black and gold massacre. Instead, he waited until 3:30 left even after Staal showed what he could do with linemates whom played his tempo. I am getting really frustrated with these lines.

I'm with you there. Like I've said in 5 threads now I want 71-87-20 and 28-11-8 again.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby penny lane on Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:45 am

Deas wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:Be very concerned about the Crosby shot being a Collar Bone injury. I was at the game and haven't seen the replay, but that is the biggest broken bone concern about a shot to the chest

I was concerned about his collar bone as well, but the way he got up and slashed one of the Flyers in front of the net was reassuring =)

At the game, I thought he was speared in the mid-section.
Gagne got that shot off with little time and less space.

Hope there is just a bruise and colorful temporary tatoo of puck
on Sid's chest.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins