Official Game Thread - 11/18 - Penguins vs. Rangers

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:06 pm

DelPen wrote:
dagny wrote:
penscup wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
penscup wrote:Jagr gives the evil eye, get in the box you bum...

Bum...? :roll: He's one of the greatest of all time...and contrary to popular belief, greatly (and that's an understatement) helped this team for 11 seasons...um, well, 11 playoff seasons...

He's a bum and a half...I loved him too, until he trashed his own fans before cutting town for a couple more bucks. He'll never win another Cup.

His fans trashed him first! Because they were spoiled by how amazing he was and when he went through his slump, he was crucified. One thing I can say about MANY Pens fans... they bend with the wind.

You're right, we had no right to question his heart when he said he was dying alive while playing with a legend, winning the scoring title, being the highest payed player in the NHL and playing in th conference finals. It's our fault the guy acts like he is still 5 years old. :roll:

There's a big difference between questioning his heart, which I did too, I was very disappointed in him, and crucifying him. As for that dying alive comment, it does have something to do with the language. There was an article posted recently, I can't remember his name, but he's the one who went back to Metalurg. There's a quote that caught my attention because he makes reference to dying on the ice. I'll look for it later.

All I know is this man gave his all for over a decade. Helped bring 2 cups to Pittsburgh. Then, he has a slump, really a Jagr slump put him still in the top 10 in scoring. Whatever happened since, cannot erase that history.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Sigwolf on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:06 pm

pens20 wrote:Moore strikes again.

When even the Rangers announcers are commenting on how no infraction was even committed, you can hardly blame Moore...
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby penscup on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:06 pm

What a dive by Talbot, Ozolinsh barely touched him...
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:07 pm

I like 4 on 4 goodness that includes Malkin and Crosby on the ice at the same time.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mikey287 on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:07 pm

penscup wrote:
dagny wrote:
penscup wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
penscup wrote:Jagr gives the evil eye, get in the box you bum...

Bum...? :roll: He's one of the greatest of all time...and contrary to popular belief, greatly (and that's an understatement) helped this team for 11 seasons...um, well, 11 playoff seasons...

He's a bum and a half...I loved him too, until he trashed his own fans before cutting town for a couple more bucks. He'll never win another Cup.

His fans trashed him first! Because they were spoiled by how amazing he was and when he went through his slump, he was crucified. One thing I can say about MANY Pens fans... they bend with the wind.

No way, the fans here loved him. He just wanted out for the BIG CITY and then cried when he got traded to Wash. instead. Now he's got what he's wanted and he's happy, but he won't go far in the postseason cuz he ain't good enough anymore and just doesn't have the heart. He was great playing against the 2nd opposing line when Mario was battling the 1st liner oppenents, thats for sure.

He isn't good enough anymore? Didn't he finish with 120+ points last year, 2nd in the league by just two points? And he's 2nd in the league right now, right? Wow...not even close, didn't he win NVP as voted by the players (Pearson)...MVP's have no heart and "aren't good enough anymore" you're right... :roll:
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Fast B on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:07 pm

penscup wrote:What a dive by Talbot, Ozolinsh barely touched him...

Makeup call.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penscup on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:12 pm

mikey287 wrote:He isn't good enough anymore? Didn't he finish with 120+ points last year, 2nd in the league by just two points? And he's 2nd in the league right now, right? Wow...not even close, didn't he win NVP as voted by the players (Pearson)...MVP's have no heart and "aren't good enough anymore" you're right... :roll:

Yup, he'll rack up the points in reg. season, but come postseason just watch him disappear once again. He gets frustrated waaaaay too easily when teams start checking him tightly, and then he starts to whiiiiiiiiinnnnne. You can take all those MVP's and stuff'em in sack. I'll take a Cup anyday instead.
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Fast B on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:14 pm

penscup wrote:
mikey287 wrote:He isn't good enough anymore? Didn't he finish with 120+ points last year, 2nd in the league by just two points? And he's 2nd in the league right now, right? Wow...not even close, didn't he win NVP as voted by the players (Pearson)...MVP's have no heart and "aren't good enough anymore" you're right... :roll:

Yup, he'll rack up the points in reg. season, but come postseason just watch him disappear once again. He gets frustrated waaaaay too easily when teams start checking him tightly, and then he starts to whiiiiiiiiinnnnne. You can take all those MVP's and stuff'em in sack. I'll take a Cup anyday instead.

Disappears in the postseason? Are we talking about the same Jagr here?
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:15 pm

penscup wrote:

One of the main reasons I love hockey is because it's truly a TEAM sport. No one person can win for the team, as evidenced by Mario's comeback, as well as no one person can LOSE for the team. You're more interested in Cups? Jagr's got two.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:21 pm

Hmmm...Rangers studio people commented on how Jagr took his 15th minor penalty tonight. Last season, it was in his 40th game before he took his 15th minor penalty.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:25 pm

That's weird. Instead of showing the Igloo during an intermission advertisement, they showed PNC Park. I could swear the Pens don't play there... :shock: :lol:
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby penscup on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:26 pm

dagny wrote:
penscup wrote:

One of the main reasons I love hockey is because it's truly a TEAM sport. No one person can win for the team, as evidenced by Mario's comeback, as well as no one person can LOSE for the team. You're more interested in Cups? Jagr's got two.

And I question whether Jagr is a team player anymore or ever was. Didn't he decline the captaincy last year as a Ranger... for what reason... he's been in the league 10 years now and still doesn't understand what it means to be a team player maybe. He's an awesome player to watch and would be great for a team that needs to add 1 more piece to a Stanley Cup team like with the Pens in the 90's, but he's not going to be a cornerstone anymore, nor was he ever with us -- and he proved that by ditching us when he could and times were tough.

LONG LIVE SIDNEY THE KING!!!
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:29 pm

Pffffft. His personality aside, Jagr was a great and he still is a great player. The fact that some people can't get over the fact that he is no longer a Penguin doesn't change that.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:31 pm

I LOVE how aggressive Petro. is with the goalie when the goalie has the puck, behind the net!
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Gaucho on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:35 pm

How about a PP goal? LET'S GO PP!!!
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby NIN on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:35 pm

you know your talented when you are drawing as many calls as Zhenia has already this season.
NIN

Postby 68forever on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:36 pm

do the pens have to take this penalty of too many men for the Rangers, they haven't done much of anything with the other 8 yeah you'll say but they got one goal but one on 9 come on and yet here the Rangers take another maybe that is their game plan so we can't score. :lol:
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Gaucho on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:36 pm

Another 5-on-3. Come on, boys, don't suck.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby NIN on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:37 pm

AHHHHHHH

Of COURSE I want Cheesey Puffs!!!

Recchi
NIN

Postby Gaucho on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:38 pm

Finally!
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby 68forever on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:38 pm

WAT TO GO! that's what i want make me eat my words and i will gladly do it if it gets us goals.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby 68forever on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:40 pm

Gonchar with a block oh my gosh the boys have come to play this 3rd keep up the great speed and pace and things will happen
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby penscup on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:41 pm

Recchi with a good 2nd effort there, great pass by Crosby taking control of the PP.
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby cojac on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:41 pm

nice give away whitney :evil:
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NIN on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:41 pm

Ugly D-zone play. Whitney was betrayed by the glass. He made the right play. it just took a weird bounce.
NIN

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins