Mark Recchi to Flyers?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Mark Recchi to Flyers?

Postby Jamie on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:29 pm

Eklund is reporting on his site that Recchi is to be traded to the Flyers. I take Eklund with a grain of salt. If this trade does go down, who do you think? Umberger and a low round pick would be my guess.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby KG on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:36 pm

Value for Recchi is very high. CP said that any deal made would be for the future. I would hope for Umberger. Because I do think that Recchi will bring good value. Carter or Richards would be nice, but I'm sure that's asking to much.

I see Recchi being dealt for Bochenski. But I don't care. Just get some good value. Please!
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ville5 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:36 pm

Thank God Eklund is reporting it. That means it's not gonna happen.
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:44 pm

Some guy that writes for SI said Downie? and a pick (Draftnik posted a link to it before).
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jesse on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:58 pm

I hate this, the few days before the deadline, everyone becomes an authority on everything.

I don't believe Madden, Eklund, Spectors, or the SI guys.

I just want Thursday to come so we can move on with the season and try to salvage some pride.

I just hope CP doesn't blow it again.

Yeah, I'd like some young players, but how about Young players that actually produce something?

And how about some defense? I don't want Umberger or any other mid-level offensive prospect. This team's needs are in it's own zone, if we end up with a bunch of Jani Rita's I will be dissapointed.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Bowser on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:10 pm

If the Penguins get anything of value for Mark Recchi, I'll be very surprised. Value to me is something of long-term value, not third and fourth liners like Umberger.

Would I like RJ over a stiff like Endicott or having to use Malone at center, heck yeah.

I'm guessing the Penguins will get someone like Branko Radiojevic.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby jmh70 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:31 pm

If there is a deal with Philly, I would be shocked if it didn't involve Umberger. It's just a disturbing premonition I have.
jmh70

Postby netwolf on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:32 pm

Jesse wrote:I hate this, the few days before the deadline, everyone becomes an authority on everything.

I just want Thursday to come so we can move on with the season and try to salvage some pride.

Yeah, I'd like some young players, but how about Young players that actually produce something?

And how about some defense? I don't want Umberger or any other mid-level offensive prospect. This team's needs are in it's own zone, if we end up with a bunch of Jani Rita's I will be dissapointed.

Wow, Jesse, why so salty? Did Dennis Bonvie call you today or something? :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby guiner on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:36 pm

Umberger, Carter, Richards...

Way to get yours and everyone else's hopes up. The more likely trade will fall down as follows.

Recchi for Chris Therrien. That is the norm for CP trades over the last decade.

g
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jamie on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:43 pm

netwolf wrote:
Jesse wrote:I hate this, the few days before the deadline, everyone becomes an authority on everything.

I know, you would think this is a mesage board or something.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MrKnowNothing on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:04 pm

netwolf wrote:Some guy that writes for SI said Downie? and a pick (Draftnik posted a link to it before).

Apparently that was just a writer's proposal, not a rumor.
MrKnowNothing

Postby Bowser on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:09 pm

it was a proposal just like I said Radivojevic. I just think Clarke is more likely to dump Europeans than a hothead cheap shot artist.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Shinoix on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:34 pm

If we got Umburger, Richards, Carter, or Downie, i'd be happy.

I doubt Richards or Carter would be traded, but I could see Umburger or Downie.

Downie would be a great addition. He's tough, plays hard, hits, fights, and can score too. He was great at the world juniors.

Everyone has talked about getting Crosby that fiery winger like Tucker or LaPointe or whatever...Downie is that type of player and I'd love to have him.
Shinoix

Postby NIN on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:45 pm

Shinoix wrote:If we got Umburger, Richards, Carter, or Downie, i'd be happy.

Downie would be a great addition. He's tough, plays hard, hits, fights, and can score too. He was great at the world juniors.

Everyone has talked about getting Crosby that fiery winger like Tucker or LaPointe or whatever...Downie is that type of player and I'd love to have him.
Downie couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. He sucks.

Recchi for http://www.nhl.com/players/8466182.html of Buffalo. Throw in Rita, Kolt, Melichar, Malone, or Surovy.
NIN

Postby MrKnowNothing on Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:50 am

No, Downie is good, he just might be insane.

I really wouldn't want any parts of him.

On the other hand, if a guy like Leopold or Tallinder is being offered, Recchi should have already been traded.
MrKnowNothing

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:01 am

I am not that famliar with either Tallinder or Leopold. I suppose Leopold must have some promise/ability as he was on the US Olympic team.

From reading a litte about them, Leopold sounds good, but Tallinder sounds like more of what we have. One description I read about Tallinder said "Lacks a physical dimension and isn't an overly gifted offensive threat either."

If that's accurate, I'll pass. :)
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Guido on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:20 am

Umberger for Rex? Be realistic. Last i checked our GM is still named Craig Patrick. Fat Hitchcock and CO. are going to hustle him so bad. It would be great to get at least some half decent players or some players with upside for Rex and Johnny Vermont, but it's not going to happen....expect more players along the lines of Cross and Rita.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jesse on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:21 am

netwolf wrote:

Haha, no I just hate reading all this stuff days before the deadline, everyone acts like they know something. More than likley what will happen is that CP makes two or three off the wall trades no one ever saw coming.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby mnpensfan on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:27 am

Shinoix wrote:If we got Umburger, Richards, Carter, or Downie, i'd be happy.

No Carter, no Richards. Richards is the future captain of the Flyers and Carter has a huge upside. Everybody who wants to deal with the Flyers is asking for Carter. I think it would be a huge mistake for Clarke to get rid of either unless he wants to mortgage the future. Umberger has tailed off a bit after playing really well early so I wouldn't doubt if he might be available but I'm not holding my breath.

If we get anything tangible for Recchi I would be suprised......
mnpensfan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

trade reekin ballz now

Postby rasbatch on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:31 am

while we might get somethin for him :shock:
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FlyerNation on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:34 am

RJ isn't going anywhere. The only reason he's brought up is because he's from here. If Clarke didn't want to part with him in rumored deals for Tkachuk or Jokinen why in the hell would he for a washed up bum like Recchi?

That writer for SI who proposed Downie and a 2nd for Recchi is about as clueless as those who believe that would ever happen.

You'll get Radiovedic and or Freddie Meyer you'll like it.
FlyerNation

Postby Bowser on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:37 am

If the Penguins get Radivojevic AND Meyer for Recchi, that might be Patrick's best trade since he dealt Nedved for Kovalev.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Jesse on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:56 am

Bowser wrote:If the Penguins get Radivojevic AND Meyer for Recchi, that might be Patrick's best trade since he dealt Nedved for Kovalev.

I don't know if I'm rooting for Patrick to have a good Thursday or a bad Thursday.

Good Thursday - Obviously the Penguins build to the future and possibly make the last part of this season exciting to watch.

Bad Thursday - Patrick puts another foot in the grave.

If he flops at the deadline, that put's pressure on somebody to get rid of him.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Bowser on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:07 am

Jesse - I think Patrick dug his own grave with his body of work starting with the Jagr trade. There was no excuse for him not to receive one legitimate NHL player instead opting for three prospects with major problems.

Beech couldn't skate, Lupaschuk ignored his defensive responsibility, and Sivek looked to be a lesser version of Tomas Surovy.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:23 am

Bowser wrote:Jesse - I think Patrick dug his own grave with his body of work starting with the Jagr trade. There was no excuse for him not to receive one legitimate NHL player instead opting for three prospects with major problems.

Beech couldn't skate, Lupaschuk ignored his defensive responsibility, and Sivek looked to be a lesser version of Tomas Surovy.

I agree with your assessment that he should have taken atleast one NHL'er in that trade. At the time, it was a full fledged salary dump. He knew he couldn't afford to take on a salary of greater than $2 million and any player acquired in a trade for Jags would have carried that legacy with him for the rest of his career.

Beech, Lupaschuck and Sivek were, at that time, three of four of the top prospects in the Caps system. The general opinion around the league was that they were 3 of the top 10 prospects in the LEAGUE.

I don't it crossed anyones mind that all three would be failures.

Having said that, the Pens did these guys no favors by having arguably the WORST developmental organization in the NHL back then.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins