Offical "Win or Ecuador" GDT - Rangers @ Penguins

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby 68forever on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:27 pm

WHAAAAAT?????? asking Gonchar about getting the pp going and what they are doing differ. tonight and he says not forcing the puck on net and moving it more and they are doing better with that HUHHH did he understand the ? b/c they sure do know how to move it already put it on net
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Stoosh on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:28 pm

i dunno, i thought it was kind of a fun coincidence

I was mostly being sarcastic...I thought it was actually kind of a neat thing, but it was the way Errey came across. Errey asked Crosby about it with the same tone of voice that a grandfather would use to address his five-year old grandson.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:29 pm

The plot thickens on that no goal by the rags. The ref went to the scorer's table and asked about a review. The ref was told they reviewed it upstairs, twice, and it was inconclusive. Rather than reviewing it some more, or in Toronto, the ref took their word for it and play continued. Had they taken more time, it would have been ruled a goal.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DelPen on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:32 pm

dagny wrote:The plot thickens on that no goal by the rags. The ref went to the scorer's table and asked about a review. The ref was told they reviewed it upstairs, twice, and it was inconclusive. Rather than reviewing it some more, or in Toronto, the ref took their word for it and play continued. Had they taken more time, it would have been ruled a goal.

The Rags guys also said since Walkom was in the building they don't even go to Toronto, it's done with him in the replay booth at the arena.

But the way they are going on about it it's like it's the first goal the Rags ever scored that got waived off where we were having one goal by Malkin per game for a while there.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Ron` on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:32 pm

Yeah, they were whining about that between the first and second too. Guess what, they dropped the puck and it's no goal. Still doesn't take away the fact that the Pens are out playing the Rangers 5on5. The scary thing is if we give them another pp. It's a 1-0 game and the Pens have some jump so far in the third.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Ron` on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:33 pm

good play by welch, took the hit, tapped it up for the man to clear it.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:36 pm

Holweg... meet Kharma. . .
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DelPen on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:37 pm

I was just noticing the lack of calls this period and after watching Straka whack a Pen like Rex did in the first I realized they just stopped calling penalties, on both sides.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Ron` on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:37 pm

A while back someone was complaining about MAF playing the puck. That he doesn't do it enough. Well he should do it less in my opinion. He just set that whole Ranger pressure up by passing past his player to the Ranger point man. Only a good play by Talbot eventually bailed him out.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jesse on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:37 pm

A lot of the Rangers goal's come from that central slot area in the middle between the circles.

The Penguins have been clogging that area all night and putting bodies in the way of passing lanes. They're getting their sticks on the puck and grinding it out.

Good to see.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:38 pm

DelPen wrote:
dagny wrote:The plot thickens on that no goal by the rags. The ref went to the scorer's table and asked about a review. The ref was told they reviewed it upstairs, twice, and it was inconclusive. Rather than reviewing it some more, or in Toronto, the ref took their word for it and play continued. Had they taken more time, it would have been ruled a goal.

The Rags guys also said since Walkom was in the building they don't even go to Toronto, it's done with him in the replay booth at the arena.

But the way they are going on about it it's like it's the first goal the Rags ever scored that got waived off where we were having one goal by Malkin per game for a while there.

Oh yeah... don't we know about disallowed goals. :lol:
Big reason why I can't gloat... plus, I believe in Kharma. :D
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby 68forever on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:38 pm

dagny wrote:Holweg... meet Kharma. . .

not to complain but why was that not a penalty??? if that was Sid or one of our players we would be screaming foul. so can someone please explain to me why it wasn't called. Thank you.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Stoosh on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:39 pm

The quality of these CW broadcasts blow. I've got this coming in on a dish and for as grainy as it is, it might as well be coming in on a pair of rabbit ears or the old weathervane antenna that was still on our house when we bought it.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:41 pm

68forever wrote:

not to complain but why was that not a penalty??? if that was Sid or one of our players we would be screaming foul. so can someone please explain to me why it wasn't called. Thank you.

Because the refs blow, it goes both ways, this time we lucked out on their inetpness.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby 68forever on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:42 pm

dang another penalty, tough to take this late with so much time left. one is going to go in if the pens aren't careful here.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DelPen on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:42 pm

Ron` wrote:A while back someone was complaining about MAF playing the puck. That he doesn't do it enough. Well he should do it less in my opinion. He just set that whole Ranger pressure up by passing past his player to the Ranger point man. Only a good play by Talbot eventually bailed him out.

The new rule limiting goalies playing the puck has been a help to him.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby 68forever on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:42 pm

DelPen wrote:
68forever wrote:

Because the refs blow, it goes both ways, this time we lucked out on their inetpness.

OK i'll by that since i don't know any better.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Stoosh on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:45 pm

Fantastic PK by the Pens again.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jesse on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:45 pm

Stellar PK by Colby and Joe.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Ron` on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:46 pm

Yes it was a good PK. Turn it up Pens, and keep the 5on5 edge going.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:49 pm

DelPen wrote:
68forever wrote:

It seems that they might have thought Holweg got hit by the puck. That's what the rags announcers thought until they replayed it. Refs didn't have the replay benefit.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby dagny on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:51 pm

Oh dear... Gonchar with the assist on Jagr's goal. :lol:
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The U on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:51 pm

wow, Jagr is taking this game over. It's like he's the only guy on the ice.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Ron` on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:52 pm

How does Jagr come completely across the slot area and no on touches him. Bounces the puck off Gonchars skate right back to his own blade, goal Jagr. Come on Pens, don't let them take these points from you.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby The U on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:52 pm

dagny wrote:Oh dear... Gonchar with the assist on Jagr's goal. :lol:

Every goal isnt somebody's fault. That was just a lucky deflection...puck fell into Jagrs lap and he had an empty net. Gonchar didnt do anything wrong.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins