Islanders vs. Penguins (12/02/06) The Official Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby shmenguin on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:15 pm

Guins wrote:Look for the positives Blow Melichar didn't deflect apuck into his own net :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

he traded brains with scuderi the before the game. at the same time gonchar and orpik were getting drunk and whitney was watching "Joe Jeuneau Teaches Shooting Aversion".
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bigkam on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:16 pm

The big guys need to start finishing, and Fleury needs to start standing on his head again. Oh, and some bounces in the offensive zone would be nice. That's our formula for winning.

Guys, seriously; we knew coming into this season that the defense was terrible. Nothing has changed, and it won't until we get a solid d-man or two.
bigkam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Guins on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:17 pm

a solid d-man or two. or 3 or 4 :lol: :lol: :P
Guins

Postby pcm on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:17 pm

Only Florida and Philadelphia have less points than the Pens in the East.

BRING OUT DOOMSDAY BUNCH!
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Peter on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:17 pm

Ron I live at 12345 Main Street, Pittsburgh, PA 67890
Peter

Postby Ron` on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:19 pm

Peter, I never said anything about beating you up lol As far as the buy out, I'm thinking waivers buddy.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Guins on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:20 pm

Ron` wrote:Peter, I never said anything about beating you up lol As far as the buy out, I'm thinking waivers buddy.
No buddy will pick him up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guins

Postby Ron` on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:22 pm

Guins wrote:
Ron` wrote:Peter, I never said anything about beating you up lol As far as the buy out, I'm thinking waivers buddy.
Oh I know some message boards that Peter would be an asset to.
http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/c ... ssage.html
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Guins on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:24 pm

Ron` wrote:
Guins wrote:
Oh I know some message boards that Peter would be an asset to.
http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/c ... ssage.html
YEAH that's the ticket!!!!!!! :D
Guins

Postby BurghThing on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:31 am

OK, just got home. Another sell out. Huge student rush again.

Couple of questions about the "officiating", and no they didn't cost us the game, when you get 9 power plays, you should win, period.

How can the "officials" wave off a goal because of goaltender interference, but then not send the offender to the box for said infraction?

And how can they go to video, watch the player cover the puck with his hand to keep it from crossing the goal line, and not award the penalty shot?

Are these guys really that incompetent, or did they change the rulebook while no one was looking?
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby CKA24 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:36 am

Errey (for once) was right and actually sounded somewhat competent during that point of the game. That was awful. I don't know what the ref was thinking.

That line looked nice on that shift... Maybe people should just haphazardly throw the puck to the net all the time!

Another question... why, when our shots are blocked from the point (approximately ALL THE TIME) do they always get breakaways? When we block a shot, it usually takes us about 5.5 days to get out to the redline.
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Dickie Dunn on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:15 am

BurghThing wrote:OK, just got home. Another sell out. Huge student rush again.

Couple of questions about the "officiating", and no they didn't cost us the game, when you get 9 power plays, you should win, period.

How can the "officials" wave off a goal because of goaltender interference, but then not send the offender to the box for said infraction?

And how can they go to video, watch the player cover the puck with his hand to keep it from crossing the goal line, and not award the penalty shot?

Are these guys really that incompetent, or did they change the rulebook while no one was looking?

The entire sequence was ridiculous, and pathetic on the part of the officials, but the refs cannot award a penalty or penalty shot based upon review. It has to be done during the play, or not at all.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NIN on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:45 am

Dickie Dunn wrote:
BurghThing wrote:OK, just got home. Another sell out. Huge student rush again.

The entire sequence was ridiculous, and pathetic on the part of the officials, but the refs cannot award a penalty or penalty shot based upon review. It has to be done during the play, or not at all.

but did'nt Bettman just correct all of this? Isn't this why we lost 1 1/2 seasons of hockey over the past 10 years?
NIN

Postby penny lane on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:06 pm

DelPen wrote:How much of a pansy can you be that when Rex wants to go you say no. Maybe Satan should be nicknamed puffnuts.

Hate that smirk he uses to slim out situations.
Paul S or Errey said, can't remember Satan being involved
physically/verbally with other players like he is this year.
Sid was looking to get him too.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby netwolf on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:31 pm

NIN wrote:but did'nt Bettman just correct all of this? Isn't this why we lost 1 1/2 seasons of hockey over the past 10 years?

Are you serious? The lockout had nothing to do with officiating. I know you hate Bettman because it's the cool thing to do, but this is ridiculous, even for you.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ron` on Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:11 pm

He has a point NIN, the league has made some progress on holding the Ref's accountable for their game performance. But it had nothing to do with the lockout. They have a Union too, so you have to document and inform. Can't fire a guy for blowing one call. Guess what too, it's a tough job avoiding the play, but seeing it all.

Logically it will always be a struggle to fill the Ref ranks and keep them sharp. It just doesn't seem to be a large market personnel draw from my point of view.

Think of the career path, work for near nothing as a second job. Maybe you might get a chance to make a living in the bigs. Imagine how many minor officials in north America are treading that path. Besides that, you are never, ever, honored for being outstanding in your field. Your name is typically bannered when you blow a call or you end up let go for poor performance. Although they upset me at times with inconsistent calls, those guys really have a tough job in my opinion. How many eyes watch and record "everything you do" at work each day?
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins