Official Gaming Board Decision Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby pulp22 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:51 am

King Sid the Great 87 wrote:
pulp22 wrote:I don't get your angle. Are you trying to show us how enlightened you are? Or that you can see both sides of this issue? Since I'm not just a pens robot, I think it is a no brainer to pick IOC for the main reason is it is developing a part of the city that has nothing and that no one goes too. The other plans are good, but why develop places that have seen new development recently and ignore the part that has seen nothing in 40 years. Yes, I want the pens to stay and that causes some bias, but don't preach to us like we are a bunch of idiots.

Funny you should mention the redevelopment of the hill. Did you read this one: "Member Sanford Rivers asked why there has been so much discussion about an arena and so little about any commitment to the community and city as a whole by the Isle of Capri." Sounds like the only concrete answer they have from IoC is the arena, and other than that, they were under the impression that IOC is just going to throw a bunch figures out. Money alone doesn't make problems go away.

This board is so against seeing all sides of the argument its laughable.

Gee, bias toward the Pens on a Penguins message board. Who would have thunk it. What software did you use for that one, professor.
pulp22
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:51 am

Admin wrote:KDKA.com will have a webcast as well. As soon as it's up, I'll post the direct link.

I got Local Pinpoint Doppler Radar on my webcast right now...

Wow...its boring around here.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dman66 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:51 am

spi wrote:If Harrah's does win, lets hope someone leaks some damning evidence that ends the careers of all politicians involved.

a lot of talk of the FIX by the media but they have yet to dig up any concrete evidence. If the president can get blown in the oval office and get caught they gotta be able to find something on this.

i hope they all go down like the dogs that they are. only ten minutes
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby stopper40 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:52 am

Guins wrote:
spi wrote:If Harrah's does win, lets hope someone leaks some damning evidence that ends the careers of all politicians involved.

a lot of talk of the FIX by the media but they have yet to dig up any concrete evidence. If the president can get blown in the oval office and get caught they gotta be able to find something on this.
Do they have a fat bimbo with a blue dress though?? :lol:

It wasn't what he did in the oval office with the fat chick that got him in trouble. It was getting caught lying under oath in a sexual harrassment suit that got him in trouble.
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Guins on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:53 am

stopper40 wrote:
Guins wrote:

Do they have a fat bimbo with a blue dress though?? :lol:

It wasn't what he did in the oval office with the fat chick that got him in trouble. It was getting caught lying under oath in a sexual harrassment suit that got him in trouble.
I know I was just having fun :lol:
Guins

Postby Xgen on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:53 am

HELMET: I don't see Planet Druidia. Where is it?

SANDURZ: We don't have visual contact yet, sir, but we have it on the radar screen. Shall I punch it up for you?

HELMET: Na, nevermind. I'll do it myself.

SANDURZ: Very good, sir.

HELMET: What's the matter with this thing? What's all that churning and bubbling? You call that a radar screen.

SANDURZ: No, sir. We call it, "Mr. Coffee." Care for some?

HELMET: Yes! I always have coffee when I watch radar. You know that.

Kovy27 wrote:
Admin wrote:KDKA.com will have a webcast as well. As soon as it's up, I'll post the direct link.

Xgen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FLPensFan on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:53 am

KDKA.com will have a live webcast of the Gaming Board decision. Go to KDKA.com and look at the top of the page where it says live webcast.
FLPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby King Sid the Great 87 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:53 am

pulp22 wrote:Gee, bias toward the Pens on a Penguins message board. Who would have thunk it. What software did you use for that one, professor.

bias = absence of rational thought. Wonder which one will get you further in life; rational though or bias?

Being on a Pens board shouldn't be an excuse for thinking. Ever heard the phrase: when everyone thinks the same, nobody is thinking. Seems to fit quite well here.
King Sid the Great 87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby CT Mechanic on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:54 am

Don't post a link to the news, POST THE NEWS! I have a strange sense of loyalty in that I want to read about the biggest Pens news of the year on LGP first.
CT Mechanic
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Guins on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:54 am

Kovy27 wrote:

At least you can watch for Santa Claus :lol: :lol:
Guins

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:54 am

CT Mechanic wrote:Don't post a link to the news, POST THE NEWS! I have a strange sense of loyalty in that I want to read about the biggest Pens news of the year on LGP first.

POST THE NEWS!
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FLPensFan on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:56 am

Link for KDKA web feed

http://kdka.dayport.com/viewer/viewerpa ... egory_ID=9

(RJ, maybe you can sticky this as it's own thread in the forum)
Last edited by FLPensFan on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
FLPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby spi on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:56 am

Kovy27 wrote:

Madden said that he would on Monday.

I love Madden's passion about the team and hockey in general.

I agree on that, he can be a dick but I tend to have the same perspective as him on yinzers and pittsburgh sports.

Back in 1999 or 1998 I met him in the parking lot after a game and he was actually really cool. We shot the breaze for about 5 minutes just talking pens.
spi
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:58 am

spi wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:

Madden said that he would on Monday.

I love Madden's passion about the team and hockey in general.

I agree on that, he can be a dick but I tend to have the same perspective as him on yinzers and pittsburgh sports.

Back in 1999 or 1998 I met him in the parking lot after a game and he was actually really cool. We shot the breaze for about 5 minutes just talking pens.

I met him after attending the Pens Carnival a few years back...He's a cool dude when he is not the Radio Genius.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Peter on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:58 am

I am looking at live pinpoint doppler.
Peter

Postby Judy on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:59 am

The hearing starts at 10. By the time we hear anything it might be closer to noon.
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby CT Mechanic on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:00 am

Noon!?! What!?!?!? I thought this was an announcement with all the fanfare of a New Years Eve Ball Dropping in Times Square?
CT Mechanic
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pulp22 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:00 am

King Sid the Great 87 wrote:
pulp22 wrote:Gee, bias toward the Pens on a Penguins message board. Who would have thunk it. What software did you use for that one, professor.

bias = absence of rational thought. Wonder which one will get you further in life; rational though or bias?

Being on a Pens board shouldn't be an excuse for thinking. Ever heard the phrase: when everyone thinks the same, nobody is thinking. Seems to fit quite well here.

I understand what you are saying, and you have a point. But I have picked my side and I'm sticking with it. Not much I can do about it now.
pulp22
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby dman66 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:00 am

oh man, now bush is getting on. time to turn to pcn..
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:01 am

Live Pinpoint Doppler....still
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pens163 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:01 am

its game time why is Katie C. giving us an update on CBS... dosen't she know this is more important than the President and the Troops... urgh... :roll:
Pens163

Postby imau2fan on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:01 am

I'm sitting here watching a webcast of Jon Delano working out technical difficulties.

Must-see TV! :)
imau2fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby CT Mechanic on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:02 am

10:02 and no news... Geez, am I going to have to turn the TV on?
CT Mechanic
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby King Sid the Great 87 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:02 am

I've got a good feeling about this: IOC with a W

All of the fix conspiracy has been propogated by MM based on one comment that Murphy later retracted. When is the last time MM was right?
King Sid the Great 87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:02 am

KDKA's is up and running....I think I'll switch.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins