Deputy Controller asks gaming board for arena/slots link

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Deputy Controller asks gaming board for arena/slots link

Postby bill from turtle creek on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:00 pm

Now, this is a good thing.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06068/667795.stm

Seems odd that the deputy controller wrote this, rather than the controller himself, but what the heck.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jamie on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:24 pm

The deputy controller is the acting controller according to the article. THe controller became a common pleas court judge in January
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Guido on Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:22 pm

so...this helps?? hasn't city council and numerous other politicians demanded that FC or the Gambling Board link slots revenue to a new arena? obviously they don't care.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bill from turtle creek on Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:04 pm

Only in the sense that if their is a lot of favor behind Capri, it becomes much harder to explain away why they will choose Forest City.

I'd venture to say that if FC refuses to offer $$ for an arena, and Onorato has essentially demanded it, plus the head city financial guy also is saying it, then the Gaming Board will realize that it will have a lot of explaining to do if it goes against both the county's and the city's wishes.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Guido on Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:46 pm

You'd think, but what do they have to lose? NOTHING!! They're paid to choose FC hands down, no questions asked. They'll regurgitate the same piles of lies and excuses that everyone involved with Rendell/Ratner/FC has while they pocket their bribes/enjoy their promotions.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bill from turtle creek on Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:01 pm

That is probably true. However, I am hoping that any pressure exerted publicly and privately to get FC to ante up for an arena is a good thing. They are going to win, I'm certain, but I still believe that they can be pressured into giving up enough $$$ to still do the arena, and unlike others here I believe that any deal to get an arena will keep the Pens in town.

There's also at least the slight possibility the some Gaming Board members have consciences (unlikely), and/or they may actually fear legal action about the whole thing if/when FC gets the slots (very possibly).
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins