can someone tell me why?.......

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

can someone tell me why?.......

Postby conforto45 on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:47 am

why we sent Kalanos and Tacicek(i cant spell) down to WBS after we signed them yesterday? i thought these guys were supposed to step right in and attempt to help our team out??
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitts on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:50 am

I am assuming that they were already in the minors and may have had to clear re-entry waivers. But, I'm really not sure.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KG on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:51 am

I would have expected Kolanos to be in the lineup more. Especially since CP said they plan on putting him at Center. We all know we can use 1 or 2 right now with Christensen not being up. Taticek I think is more of a prospect/project at the moment. With no need to rush. We will see...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Defence21 on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:20 pm

As netwolf (I believe) said, these trades look to have been specifically designed to help WBS down the stretch, while bringing guys that COULD help in the future.

The longer WBS plays, the more development time they get, the more bonding they have, and the more they learn what it is like to be on a winning team.

Sure, this might be a shoddy way to make trades, but, in actuality, it's not all that bad, considering Recchi likely will be back next year and Jackman has been a healthy scratch for nearly half of this season's games. Why not help ou the farm team a bit? These guys aren't going to help the Pens any. At leats playing them in WBS will get them used to the Penguin's organization, and, come training camp, they will have an idea of what to expect and may be prepared/motivated to earn a spot with some of their new friends.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:12 pm

It has everything to do about re-entry waivers. But both players will address lack of scoring in WBS recently which is also a good thing.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins