Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby redwill on Mon May 24, 2010 6:18 pm

Werewolf XIII is done and done!

Congratulations to the wolves!!!!!


random.org result
:

1. LITT
2. Malkamaniac
3. the errey I breathe
4. slappybrown
5. MWB
6. Troy Loney
7. Senka
8. relantel
9. MikeEnIke
10. canaan
11. Kicksave
12. cup keeper
13. count2infinity
14. beerman
15. shafnutz05
16. dagny
17. npv708
18. PensFanInDC


Starting roles:

Seer: LITT
Angel: Malkamaniac
Vig: the errey i breathe
Alpha: slappybrown
wolf: MWB


PMs:

Alpha:
- You have 1 recruit to be used any night instead of a kill
- If the Alpha dies before the recruit is made, you will LOSE the possibility to recruit
- If you attempt to recruit the Angel, Seer, or a bullet-less Vig, nothing will happen. You will still have your recruit.
- You kill every night that you're not recruiting, although you may choose not to kill
- You come up red if investigated
- If you try to recruit/kill the vig, Alpha will die IF the vig has an unused bullet

Seer:
- You may investigate every night
- All wolves, including Alpha, turn up red if investigated
- If the wolves attempt to recruit you, nothing will happen

Vigilante:
- You get one bullet every other night, starting with Night 2
- You can save any number of bullets, but can kill no more than once per night
- If you are recruited/targeted by the wolves, the Alpha will die IF you have an unused bullet. If there is at least 1 remaining wolf besides the Alpha, you will ALSO die. If you have no bullet, you alone will die. If you have no bullet and the wolves attempt to recruit you, nothing will happen.

Angel:
- You have 6 total protects.
- You may protect anyone, including yourself.
- You may choose to use none, some, or all of your remaining protects on any given night.
- You may protect the same person on consecutive nights.


Actions:

Night 1:
LITT investigates beerman
Malkamaniac protects no one (6 left)
the errey i breathe has no bullet
slappybrown kills Senka

Day 1:
Village lynches cup keeper

Night 2:
LITT investigates Troy Loney
Malkamaniac protects no one (6 left)
the errey i breathe saves bullet (1 bullet remaining)
slappybrown kills relantel

Day 2:
Village lynches shafnutz05

Night 3:
LITT investigates dagny
Malkamaniac protects self (5 left)
the errey i breathe saves bullet (1 bullet remaining)
slappybrown recruits canaan

Day 3:
Village lynches Kicksave

Night 4:
LITT investigates canaan
Malkamaniac protects self (4 left)
the errey i breathe saves bullet (2 bullets remaining)
slappybrown kills Troy Loney

Day 4:
Village lynches count2infinity

Night 5:
LITT investigates MWB
Malkamaniac protects self (3 left)
the errey i breathe kills dagny (1 bullet remaining)
slappybrown kills beerman

Day 5:
Village lynches canaan

Night 6:
LITT investigates PFIDC
Malkamaniac protects LITT (2 left)
the errey i breathe kills npv708 (1 bullet remaining)
slappybrown kills Malkamaniac

Day 6:
Village lynches no one

Night 7:
LITT investigates slappybrown
the errey i breathe kills MWB (0 bullets remaining)
slappybrown kills LITT

Day 7:
Village lynches MikeEnIke

Night 8:
the errey i breathe kills PFIDC (0 bullets remaining)
slappybrown kills PFIDC

*** This leaves the Alpha vs. the vig, but the vig has no more bullets. Dead vig.


By role:

Alpha:
kills Senka
kills relantel
recruits canaan
kills Troy Loney
kills beerman
kills Malkamaniac
kills LITT
kills PFIDC

Seer:
investigates beerman
investigates Troy Loney
investigates dagny
investigates canaan
investigates MWB
investigates PFIDC
investigates slappybrown

Angel:
protects no one (6)
protects no one (6)
protects Malkamaniac (5)
protects Malkamaniac (4)
protects Malkamaniac (3)
protects LITT (2)

Vig:
no bullet
saves bullet (1)
saves bullet (1)
saves bullet (2)
kills dagny (1)
kills npv708 (1)
kills MWB (0)
kills PFIDC
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,792
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:04 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby Kicksave on Mon May 24, 2010 6:31 pm

:face: village

lol
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby Kicksave on Mon May 24, 2010 6:31 pm

Although, I will call a slight mod-fail that our vig wasn't able to use two of his bullets on the same night and they made the decision for the vig instead of allowing him to decide. Had we got MWB then, game would have went to the village, IMO.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby slappybrown on Mon May 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Kicksave wrote:Although, I will call a slight mod-fail that our vig wasn't able to use two of his bullets on the same night and they made the decision for the vig instead of allowing him to decide. Had we got MWB then, game would have went to the village, IMO.

No one asked you. :pop:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,994
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby Kicksave on Mon May 24, 2010 6:37 pm

slappybrown wrote:
Kicksave wrote:Although, I will call a slight mod-fail that our vig wasn't able to use two of his bullets on the same night and they made the decision for the vig instead of allowing him to decide. Had we got MWB then, game would have went to the village, IMO.

No one asked you. :pop:


SAY IT TO MY FACE
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon May 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Props to malks for protecting me the night he died.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,047
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby slappybrown on Mon May 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Kicksave wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
Kicksave wrote:Although, I will call a slight mod-fail that our vig wasn't able to use two of his bullets on the same night and they made the decision for the vig instead of allowing him to decide. Had we got MWB then, game would have went to the village, IMO.

No one asked you. :pop:


SAY IT TO MY FACE

:fist:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,994
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon May 24, 2010 7:09 pm

thoughts: if the seer finds a good RP, they should be able to communicate via pm? would this give the village too much of an advantage? i think it would be cool and put more of an onus on smart moves by the seer.

there needs to be a 'reply all' button for PMs

'be the change you want to see in the world' is a quote by gandhi. im not a hippy :evil:
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,047
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby the wicked child on Mon May 24, 2010 7:12 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:there needs to be a 'reply all' button for PMs


Agreed.

Since that does not exist though, the best thing you can do is add all mods and/or "teammates" to your 'friend list'. Then they will show up in a little box to the left of the messages for easy addition.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,642
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby MWB on Mon May 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:thoughts: if the seer finds a good RP, they should be able to communicate via pm? would this give the village too much of an advantage? i think it would be cool and put more of an onus on smart moves by the seer.

there needs to be a 'reply all' button for PMs

'be the change you want to see in the world' is a quote by gandhi. im not a hippy :evil:


Yes, reply all would be great.

There was one game, at least, where if the seer found the vig they were able to communicate. That worked out well. I think if the seer could pm every good player he found that would really tilt it to the village though.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,725
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby MWB on Mon May 24, 2010 7:17 pm

Kicksave wrote:Although, I will call a slight mod-fail that our vig wasn't able to use two of his bullets on the same night and they made the decision for the vig instead of allowing him to decide. Had we got MWB then, game would have went to the village, IMO.


Meh, if he followed the rules for his role it wouldn't have been an issue.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,725
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby npv708 on Mon May 24, 2010 7:24 pm

MWB wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:thoughts: if the seer finds a good RP, they should be able to communicate via pm? would this give the village too much of an advantage? i think it would be cool and put more of an onus on smart moves by the seer.

there needs to be a 'reply all' button for PMs

'be the change you want to see in the world' is a quote by gandhi. im not a hippy :evil:


Yes, reply all would be great.

There was one game, at least, where if the seer found the vig they were able to communicate. That worked out well. I think if the seer could pm every good player he found that would really tilt it to the village though.


Yeah, that was the jagoff game I modded. What a cluster**** that was though.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,721
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby redwill on Mon May 24, 2010 7:25 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:'be the change you want to see in the world' is a quote by gandhi. im not a hippy :evil:


Ha ha.

Hippie sez no hippy.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,792
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:04 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby Kicksave on Mon May 24, 2010 7:32 pm

MWB wrote:
Kicksave wrote:Although, I will call a slight mod-fail that our vig wasn't able to use two of his bullets on the same night and they made the decision for the vig instead of allowing him to decide. Had we got MWB then, game would have went to the village, IMO.


Meh, if he followed the rules for his role it wouldn't have been an issue.


I'd have to see the original write-up to make that judgment. Either way, the mod made the decision of who to kill so that leaves a bad taste in my mouth to me.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby MWB on Mon May 24, 2010 7:40 pm

Kicksave wrote:
MWB wrote:
Kicksave wrote:Although, I will call a slight mod-fail that our vig wasn't able to use two of his bullets on the same night and they made the decision for the vig instead of allowing him to decide. Had we got MWB then, game would have went to the village, IMO.


Meh, if he followed the rules for his role it wouldn't have been an issue.


I'd have to see the original write-up to make that judgment. Either way, the mod made the decision of who to kill so that leaves a bad taste in my mouth to me.


Left a good taste in my mouth because I was sure I was dead.... I get what you're saying though.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,725
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby redwill on Mon May 24, 2010 7:41 pm

Kicksave wrote:I'd have to see the original write-up to make that judgment. Either way, the mod made the decision of who to kill so that leaves a bad taste in my mouth to me.


The vig chose to kill two people. He was only allowed to kill one per night. That was clearly stated in the original role PM, which you can read above.

We went with the first of his choices for the kill.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,792
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:04 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby Kicksave on Mon May 24, 2010 7:41 pm

It definitely gave you guys a second chance and slappy was able to bring it home. I wouldn't call it one of the wolves' most impressive victories, though... :slug:
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby thehockeyguru on Mon May 24, 2010 7:58 pm

redwill wrote:
Kicksave wrote:I'd have to see the original write-up to make that judgment. Either way, the mod made the decision of who to kill so that leaves a bad taste in my mouth to me.


The vig chose to kill two people. He was only allowed to kill one per night. That was clearly stated in the original role PM, which you can read above.

We went with the first of his choices for the kill.


It clearly said in the vig PM that only one kill could be used a night. The evening in question Errey PM'ed Redwill and I choosing to kill NPV. 7 hours later he came back and said that he wanted to kill MWB and NPV. A third PM said he would choose NPV instead of MWB. We went off of his first PM since he couldnt use 2 kills in an evening.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,238
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby relantel on Mon May 24, 2010 8:12 pm

There is a reply all link in the PM screen... it is to the right of Reply, a link that says:
» Reply to sender and all recipients.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,054
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby redwill on Mon May 24, 2010 8:17 pm

relantel wrote:There is a reply all link in the PM screen... it is to the right of Reply, a link that says:
» Reply to sender and all recipients.


That's only in certain board formats: like Maxthon, I think.

Maxthon is horrible, IMO. Not worth it.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,792
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:04 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby the wicked child on Mon May 24, 2010 8:19 pm

relantel wrote:There is a reply all link in the PM screen... it is to the right of Reply, a link that says:
» Reply to sender and all recipients.


I just checked... this only shows up in the "Maxthon" theme. I'm guessing most people are using problack (myself included).
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,642
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby Troy Loney on Mon May 24, 2010 8:19 pm

i'll credit slappy with being smart to throw votes on canaan throughout the game, that won the game for him. but that being said i really think there was a massive village fail at the end of the game there, malk, i'm sorry dude but that was such a misplay to protect LITT and let yourself get killed.

1. LITT did his job and found 2 wolves, it was even uncertain if he could have kept searching if he could have found the remaining alpha. at that point LITT most value is that he's a known villager and the wolves have to use on of their kills on him. Plus, the wolves might think that your protecting LITT and go elswhere. either way, the village had a commanding lead at that point with three role players left against what would quickly turn into 1 wolf.

look at it this way, and how easy the game would have been for you guys if you just played conservatively.

1. wolves eat LITT.
2. errey shoots mwb.

then you come out as the angel: that means two known good role players vs 1 wolf amongst: Slappy. PFIDC, Mikenike & npv. the wolves can't kill you, so you guys have a 25% chance of nabbing the wolf there. even if you guess wrong, the wolves kill errery (unless he holds onto his bullet right) ....wait if errery has a bullet then they can't kill him right? then the alpha and the vig dies...game over? you couldnt have lost. the wolves can't kill you or errey...holy cow...RP fail in this game.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,290
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby the wicked child on Mon May 24, 2010 8:23 pm

yeah, errey and malks could have made wolf victory impossible if they played their cards right. That said, there was no excuse for it to ever come down to an all or nothing shot by the vig at the end.

Ah well - still a hell of a game by slappy @ the end.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,642
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby Troy Loney on Mon May 24, 2010 8:27 pm

the wicked child wrote:yeah, errey and malks could have made wolf victory impossible if they played their cards right. That said, there was no excuse for it to ever come down to an all or nothing shot by the vig at the end.



can i just clarity on this....errey still would have had a bullet after killing mwb that night right? would that mean that the remaining 1 wolf could not have killed either malk or errey, so there is no possible way for the wolves to win?

if that's the case there has never been an instance in these games where the game was given to the wolves like that.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,290
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Werewolf XIII Post-Game Thread

Postby the wicked child on Mon May 24, 2010 8:31 pm

Troy Loney wrote:can i just clarity on this....errey still would have had a bullet after killing mwb that night right? would that mean that the remaining 1 wolf could not have killed either malk or errey, so there is no possible way for the wolves to win?


Yeah. That's how I understood the rules.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,642
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Next

Return to NHR Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


e-mail