Strange Dreams Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Strange Dreams Thread

Postby RJW76 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:55 am

A thread for weird/random/funny dreams you've had. At least the PG versions.

I dreamed last night that I went to the Winter Classic with my dad, but the UConn Women's team was playing Pitt in hoops and nobody was there and they had high school style bleachers set up. I also remember being upset that I had to go all the way to the work vending machine just to get a hot chocolate.
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:02 am

I have had some bizarre dreams lately. But it's one of those things where I can't remember the exact details of any of them
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ulf on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:05 am

i've survived 2 plane crashes in the past 2 weeks in my dreams. considering i'm in australia and i have to fly across the pacific ocean, then across the states to get home, i'm not very excited to come home.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:06 am

ulf wrote:i've survived 2 plane crashes in the past 2 weeks in my dreams. considering i'm in australia and i have to fly across the pacific ocean, then across the states to get home, i'm not very excited to come home.

At least you survived?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:08 am

Actually, I did have a strange dream while in the Outer Banks. It was more of a nightmare...I have an intense dislike/hatred towards most flying insects. I had a dream that they were swarming me....bees, locusts, the whole works. Apparently, I was swiping at them in my dream, and I knocked everything off the nightstand in our hotel. My wife woke up scared to death...that was interesting. I'm happy I wasn't facing her.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby RJW76 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:14 am

ulf wrote:i've survived 2 plane crashes in the past 2 weeks in my dreams. considering i'm in australia and i have to fly across the pacific ocean, then across the states to get home, i'm not very excited to come home.

I've had so many plane crash dreams since 9/11, maybe even before. It's why I'm wickedly afraid to fly. Most I'm watching from the ground, but every now and then I'm in one.

Be safe going home.
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Why Not Us on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:18 am

This one happened to me a couple nights ago:

I was at Kennywood, where my girlfriend was set to marry an old co-worker from one of her previous jobs. Completely dumbfounded by this, she assured me that she would divorce him to marry me when I was ready. Also of note- I won keys to a car of my choice at one of the game stands and my deceased grandfather and Gary Bettman were in attendance.

I only seem to have nightmares about zombies, tornadoes, rats, an old job, and a return to high school.
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby blackjack68 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:20 am

Why Not Us wrote:This one happened to me a couple nights ago:

Gary Bettman were in attendance.

Bettman rigged the game!!!!
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby blackjack68 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:21 am

shafnutz05 wrote:Actually, I did have a strange dream while in the Outer Banks. It was more of a nightmare...I have an intense dislike/hatred towards most flying insects. I had a dream that they were swarming me....bees, locusts, the whole works. Apparently, I was swiping at them in my dream, and I knocked everything off the nightstand in our hotel. My wife woke up scared to death...that was interesting. I'm happy I wasn't facing her.

Did you have a lot of small problems at home/work waiting for you when you returned?
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:24 am

blackjack68 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Actually, I did have a strange dream while in the Outer Banks. It was more of a nightmare...I have an intense dislike/hatred towards most flying insects. I had a dream that they were swarming me....bees, locusts, the whole works. Apparently, I was swiping at them in my dream, and I knocked everything off the nightstand in our hotel. My wife woke up scared to death...that was interesting. I'm happy I wasn't facing her.

Did you have a lot of small problems at home/work waiting for you when you returned?

Not especially. But there have been a few more bugs in our house than usual. The other night, I came out of the bathroom and had a gigantic spider from hell on my leg. And a locust attacked me when I was taking the trash out Sunday :scared:
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby viva la ben on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:28 am

Even though it's been 17 years since I've graduated college I still have dreams where I'm skipping classes to party.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby RJW76 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:39 am

viva la ben wrote:Even though it's been 17 years since I've graduated college I still have dreams where I'm skipping classes to party.

I also still have the late for classes/don't have a pencil for a test/forgot to wear pants dreams about school
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Mango Salsa on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:06 am

A couple years ago I was a hockey coach & had keys to the rink. I had a dream that the compressor had shut down and the college team that was practicing on the ice had to keep scraping the snow off & the usable ice kept getting smaller & smaller. They were mad at me but there was nothing I could do.

Then next morning (this part really happened) I stopped at the rink on my way to work. Alarms were going off. The compressor was off and ice temp was getting dangerously high. :scared: I restarted the compressor & saved the day. :fist: I am one with the ice.

Last night I dreamed I was fishing in the ohio river & a bunch of runaway barges floated by, then me & some friends went to Europe. :lol:
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby blackjack68 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:08 am

Mango Salsa wrote:A couple years ago I was a hockey coach & had keys to the rink. I had a dream that the compressor had shut down and the college team that was practicing on the ice had to keep scraping the snow off & the usable ice kept getting smaller & smaller. They were mad at me but there was nothing I could do.

Then next morning (this part really happened) I stopped at the rink on my way to work. Alarms were going off. The compressor was off and ice temp was getting dangerously high. :scared: I restarted the compressor & saved the day. :fist: I am one with the ice.

Last night I dreamed I was fishing in the ohio river & a bunch of runaway barges floated by, then me & some friends went to Europe. :lol:

Enjoy Fishing and Europe! Watch out for those barges.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:15 am

These dreams go on when I close my eyes
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitts on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:16 am

The absolute strangest dream I ever had was where I was on another planet visiting this city that was built on a cliff-side. Each home or building had all these balconies that jutted out over the cliff and some had walkways between them. I remember flying ships and such in the sky, then a "war" broke out between those in the cliff city and the flying dics. They were shooting lasers and such at each other and I was in the middle of all this, on the balconies.

It was strangely vivid and this dream was well over 15 years ago!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby npv708 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:21 pm

I always tend to have the weirdest/most psychedelic dreams that make no sense whatsoever. The majority of them seem to be in the theme of a Cloverfield/Godzilla type or a Jason Bourne/Tom Clancy Novel type.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Azkar on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:22 pm

I had a dream one time that I went to the pet store to buy a hamster but as it was crawling around on my hand it turned into a spider :scared:
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby viva la ben on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:34 pm

I remember this dream vividly although it happened over 25 years ago.
I was flying the plane from the movie Firefox. I was evading missiles and flew higher and higher. I then crash into a cloud which it made of snow, and crawl out of the wreckage unharmed. In the distance I see a set of metal doors. The metal doors lead to an gym area setup with boxing rings. There are people here jumping rope and attempting to recite the alphabet, none of them can. I grab a jumprope and do it without hesitation. Everyone stops and tells me it's time to leave. Then I wake up.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby viva la ben on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Another recurring dream I have is traveling into my television to visit other planets
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby npv708 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Last night I had this really strange dream.

I dreamt that I was in hotel room 528, then I was out in hotel hallway without gravity fighting projections, then I went to some snowy hospital/fortress place where I fought a snow army, then I ended up washing up on some beach of a crumbling city, then I woke up.

Spoiler:
or did i?

npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:37 pm

i had a strange dream last night that i was getting married but none of my friends or family were there. does that mean something? anyone read dreams?
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pfim on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:45 pm

Last night I was in high school, screaming at Zachary Quinto for yelling at our teacher, who happened to be my uncle.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:13 pm

I had this crazy dream about 20 years ago that I ran a hotel in this town that was completely bought by a visiting Japanese tycoon, who planned to turn the hamlet into a huge golf course and recreation resort. I'm the lone hold-out. Everyone else in the town say goodbye by recreating a scene from the musical Fiddler on the Roof.

Five years then passed. I continue to grimly run hotel, while golf balls constantly pelt the walls. My wife dresses like a geisha, and the hotel is now completely staffed by Japanese replacements.

The ex-townsfolk — richer and odder than before — unexpectedly pay me a visit. three eccentric woodsmen, two of whom were mute, have all now married obnoxiously talkative and abrasive women from Long Island (one of whom is Lisa Kudrow). When their wives will not shut up, the woodsmen yell out in unison, "QUIET!!" Everyone is stunned and when I ask why the brothers have never spoken in public until then, the talkative one says that it is because 'they've never been so PO'ed before!'

Things quickly become chaotic, with the visitors cheerfully deciding on an extended stay at the inn. I vent my frustration at how unmanageable and stupid everything has become, but nobody is interested in my opinion, so I announces that I am finally fed up and leaving for good. As I storms out the door, I turn around and say, "You're all CRAZY!" Just then, I'm struck by a wayward golf ball and collapse, unconscious. Then I woke up.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby RJW76 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:54 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I had this crazy dream about 20 years ago that I ran a hotel in this town that was completely bought by a visiting Japanese tycoon, who planned to turn the hamlet into a huge golf course and recreation resort. I'm the lone hold-out. Everyone else in the town say goodbye by recreating a scene from the musical Fiddler on the Roof.

Five years then passed. I continue to grimly run hotel, while golf balls constantly pelt the walls. My wife dresses like a geisha, and the hotel is now completely staffed by Japanese replacements.

The ex-townsfolk — richer and odder than before — unexpectedly pay me a visit. three eccentric woodsmen, two of whom were mute, have all now married obnoxiously talkative and abrasive women from Long Island (one of whom is Lisa Kudrow). When their wives will not shut up, the woodsmen yell out in unison, "QUIET!!" Everyone is stunned and when I ask why the brothers have never spoken in public until then, the talkative one says that it is because 'they've never been so PO'ed before!'

Things quickly become chaotic, with the visitors cheerfully deciding on an extended stay at the inn. I vent my frustration at how unmanageable and stupid everything has become, but nobody is interested in my opinion, so I announces that I am finally fed up and leaving for good. As I storms out the door, I turn around and say, "You're all CRAZY!" Just then, I'm struck by a wayward golf ball and collapse, unconscious. Then I woke up.

Was Suzanne Pleshette there? I thought she was dead :pop:
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Next

Return to NHR