opie22002 wrote:What do you guys think of my team? It's a 14 team league and I had the 4th pick:
1. (4) Nicklas Backstrom (Was - C)
2. (25) Jimmy Howard (Det - G)
3. (32) Alexander Semin (Was - RW)
4. (53) Marian Hossa (Chi - RW)
5. (60) Mark Streit (NYI - D)
6. (81) Erik Johnson (StL - D)
7. (88) Carey Price (Mon - G)
8. (109) Andrei Markov (Mon - D)
9. (116) Alexander Frolov (NYR - LW)
10. (137) Michael Leighton (Phi - G)
11. (144) Claude Giroux (Phi - RW)
12. (165) Scott Gomez (Mon - C)
13. (172) Kyle Okposo (NYI - RW)
14. (193) Kris Versteeg (Tor - LW)
15. (200) Matt Stajan (Cgy - C)
16. (221) Ray Whitney (Pho - LW)
17. (228) R.J. Umberger (Cls - C)
18. (249) Dustin Byfuglien (Atl - RW,D)
19. (256) Andy Greene (NJ - D
npv708 wrote:Not a fan of Gomez, Stajan, Umberger or your last two picks, but otherwise its a pretty strong team. Also not sure about Backstrom as 4th overall pick.
Backstrom is cool at #4. His numbers should go up again this season. Price is a bad pick - he will not be that good this year, and Striet and Johnson as your first 2 dmen is questionable. There had to be better dmen available at those picks.
netwolf wrote:I'm not a fan of Gomez either, but I think that's a good pick as late as he was. I'd keep an eye on your goalies. I don't think it's very likely, but Howard could end up pulling a Steve Mason, and Leighton is... well, Leighton. ;)
And my top 3 keeper dmen are Weber, Phaneuf, and Chara. :pop:
bhaw wrote:Streit is going to go low in a lot of drafts because he had a "down" year last year. But he's still going to get tons of points and PP time on a team that should score a decent amount (but can't play d). I think he'll get undervalued because he plays on a terrible team, and as far as actual hockey goes, he's not a great dman. But fantasy stats don't care about his intangibles that don't exist.
He and Boyle are my top 2 in my keeper league and I can't imagine getting much better in a 14 team league without acquiring Green somehow.
bhaw wrote:netwolf wrote:I'm not a fan of Gomez either, but I think that's a good pick as late as he was. I'd keep an eye on your goalies. I don't think it's very likely, but Howard could end up pulling a Steve Mason, and Leighton is... well, Leighton.
And my top 3 keeper dmen are Weber, Phaneuf, and Chara.
That's why you will never win a championship.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests