Dexter Anyone? **Possible Spoilers Ahead**

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Dexter Anyone? **Possible Spoilers**

Postby Froggy on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:29 pm

it kind of seems to me that this show is running in cycles... seasons 1@4 both had a crazy-awesome serial killer who was a reflection of dexter in many ways, who targeted someone close to him. seasons 2&5 seem to be about a member of the police realizing what dexter is, and going outside the line of duty to stop him. if next season has someone learning his secret, and then helping him with his murders, only to become his nemesis, I think i'll have to call shennanigans...
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby knives of ice on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:18 pm

not looking very promising for this show at all. the same storylines keep getting repeated....
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:45 am

knives of ice wrote:not looking very promising for this show at all. the same storylines keep getting repeated....

I tend to disagree. I do not think that this Quinn thing is going to go all that far. They lead you to believe that in the trailers, but I think this season will be more about
Spoiler:
the girl who saw him kill Boyd Fowler
. I do not think that any of the Mitchell's will reveal "Kyle Butler" to Quinn. Kyle Butler is a hero to them. I think the Quinn thing will be a secondary story to this girl. I think that he may end up getting close to catching Dexter, but something else will seal his fate (but it wont be at the hands of Dexter, ala Doakes).
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:41 am

Froggy wrote:it kind of seems to me that this show is running in cycles... seasons 1@4 both had a crazy-awesome serial killer who was a reflection of dexter in many ways, who targeted someone close to him. seasons 2&5 seem to be about a member of the police realizing what dexter is, and going outside the line of duty to stop him. if next season has someone learning his secret, and then helping him with his murders, only to become his nemesis, I think i'll have to call shennanigans...

dexter's entertaining, and i watch it every week, but it's probably the most wildly overrated show on tv.

michael c hall carries that show on his shoulders. the writing and acting gets to the point of being laughable.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:13 pm

Thought's on last night's episode...
Spoiler:
This are going to be real interesting between Luman and Dexter. I think that they will team up and go after all of the other men who hurt her / were involved with Boyd. In Luman's case, I think that she will be an ally to Dexter in the foreseeable future, as opposed to Lila, who Dexter grew apart from fairly easily.

Glad to see that Quinn was put into his place. Although now that he is on suspension, I am sure that he will stalk Dexter more. The kicker will be if Debra finds out if Quinn is after Dexter, how will she react? She is a bomb waiting to go off, IMO.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:16 pm

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Thought's on last night's episode...
Spoiler:
This are going to be real interesting between Luman and Dexter. I think that they will team up and go after all of the other men who hurt her / were involved with Boyd. In Luman's case, I think that she will be an ally to Dexter in the foreseeable future, as opposed to Lila, who Dexter grew apart from fairly easily.

Glad to see that Quinn was put into his place. Although now that he is on suspension, I am sure that he will stalk Dexter more. The kicker will be if Debra finds out if Quinn is after Dexter, how will she react? She is a bomb waiting to go off, IMO.

Good post

I like where the Luman thing might be going
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:19 pm

how many cops have to go to LaGuerta with dire suspicions about dexter before she takes it seriously?

i think a good twist would be that she knew all along, and approved
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Froggy wrote:how many cops have to go to LaGuerta with dire suspicions about dexter before she takes it seriously?

Eventually its going to come to that -> so many cops going to LaGuerta that she has to look into it. Though remember, Dexter was the witness for her and Angel's wedding, so he is on her good side, and has been for a while. I think that it will take a lot for her to turn on him. She obviously has a soft spot for Dexter.

I read on another message board (Dexter related) that it would be an interesting plot twist if Masuka ended up being some crazy killer. He is a weird guy, so I can see that happening.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:25 am

Dexter was intense last night, definitely the best of the season.
Spoiler:
I was beyond nervous when Deb and Masuka were at the warehouse looking for the shooter. Although you know that he wasn't going to get caught then, it was still nerve-wracking. That is what makes it so awesome.

That scene at the end where Dexter found Lumen in the tub, wow. Creepy, intense, etc etc. Then he asks her how many more men were involved. Its so on. I am guessing that Dexter now feels for her, and he is going to take her under his wing.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ShipHockey7 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:46 am

agreed, thought it was the best episode thus far, and he did get out of some close calls for sure..and I agree, I think he'll take Lumen under his wing as well and help her with the remaining men
ShipHockey7
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Azkar on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:54 pm

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
Spoiler:
That scene at the end where Dexter found Lumen in the tub, wow. Creepy, intense, etc etc.

Spoiler:
I think that's been my favorite part of the entire series so far
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby canaan on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:58 pm

i find myself growing bored of the show. its become a caricature of itself. every season, dexter befriends some malcontent with a crappy past and in the end, we know what happens. if that same thing doesn't happen to lumen, i guess that would be different, but i find it harder and harder to tune in every week...and when season 1 aired, i looked forward to the next new episode...now it's just meh to me.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitts on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:31 pm

Froggy wrote:how many cops have to go to LaGuerta with dire suspicions about dexter before she takes it seriously?

Eventually its going to come to that -> so many cops going to LaGuerta that she has to look into it. Though remember, Dexter was the witness for her and Angel's wedding, so he is on her good side, and has been for a while. I think that it will take a lot for her to turn on him. She obviously has a soft spot for Dexter.

I read on another message board (Dexter related) that it would be an interesting plot twist if Masuka ended up being some crazy killer. He is a weird guy, so I can see that happening.

I'm thinking LaGuerta was another love interest of Dexter's father and she knew/knows everything all along...
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:38 pm

canaan wrote:i find myself growing bored of the show. its become a caricature of itself. every season, dexter befriends some malcontent with a crappy past and in the end, we know what happens. if that same thing doesn't happen to lumen, i guess that would be different, but i find it harder and harder to tune in every week...and when season 1 aired, i looked forward to the next new episode...now it's just meh to me.

what...the dialogue in the angel/laguarda scenes isn't compelling to you?
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:12 pm

shmenguin wrote:
canaan wrote:i find myself growing bored of the show. its become a caricature of itself. every season, dexter befriends some malcontent with a crappy past and in the end, we know what happens. if that same thing doesn't happen to lumen, i guess that would be different, but i find it harder and harder to tune in every week...and when season 1 aired, i looked forward to the next new episode...now it's just meh to me.

i dont even know whats going on with that storyline. maybe two episodes ago, they were having a "heart to heart" in the hallway at the office and the lighting/dialogue was something out of a cheesy spanish soap--so bad.

...they shouldve killed laguarda like they did in the book.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:26 pm

canaan wrote:
shmenguin wrote:

i dont even know whats going on with that storyline. maybe two episodes ago, they were having a "heart to heart" in the hallway at the office and the lighting/dialogue was something out of a cheesy spanish soap--so bad.

...they shouldve killed laguarda like they did in the book.

last season, it was a personal rule that i would keep hitting the 30-second skip button on my DVR until their scenes were over, but of course that made me miss the Lundy killing since it happened RIGHT after one of their throw-away scenes :face:
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:14 pm

Here is my crazy theory on how the Quinn thing may end...
Spoiler:
A lot of hard-core Dexter fans are irritated that the Quinn story line is too much like the Doakes story line. I saw 2 different previews for this week's episode, and these things stood out...

1. The guy who is investigating Dexter for Quinn says to Quinn something along the lines of "Are you backing out now, you better get your priorities straight." This voice-over is occurring all while they are showing a scene of Deb and Quinn being intimate.

2. In one of the previews, they show Matthews, LaGuerta, Angel, Quinn, and Deb all talking about the sting operation for the Santa Muerta case that is going to take place at the club they were all recently at. When LaGuerta was giving out orders, she had mentioned that Quinn will be inside the club, while Angel and Deb will be outside in the surveillance van. However, they want to take down their targets before they enter the club. Matthews then told LaGuerta that her job is on the line if she screws this up.

3. In the previews, they also show guns being drawn while people are at the club. Deb was one for sure that I remember.

I think what is going to happen is that Quinn is going to be having second thoughts about this Dexter thing because of Deb. I think he will finally decide to go through with it, but before he he tells his PI, the sting operation is going to hit a snag, and Quinn will be gunned down at the club (I think something obviously happens because Deb was supposed to be in the van, but they show her in the club with her gun drawn). The rest of the season will focus on trying to close the Santa Muerta case, LaGuerta getting demoted, and most importantly, Dexter and Lumen avenging her past, with a possible twist at the end (i.e. Dexter killing Lumen, Lumen turning on Dexter, or their sloppiness on one of the kills gets them in hot water).

Just my 2 cents.

/bored at work and going on a mindless rant about a fictional tv show.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:20 pm

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Here is my crazy theory on how the Quinn thing may end...
Spoiler:
A lot of hard-core Dexter fans are irritated that the Quinn story line is too much like the Doakes story line. I saw 2 different previews for this week's episode, and these things stood out...

1. The guy who is investigating Dexter for Quinn says to Quinn something along the lines of "Are you backing out now, you better get your priorities straight." This voice-over is occurring all while they are showing a scene of Deb and Quinn being intimate.

2. In one of the previews, they show Matthews, LaGuerta, Angel, Quinn, and Deb all talking about the sting operation for the Santa Muerta case that is going to take place at the club they were all recently at. When LaGuerta was giving out orders, she had mentioned that Quinn will be inside the club, while Angel and Deb will be outside in the surveillance van. However, they want to take down their targets before they enter the club. Matthews then told LaGuerta that her job is on the line if she screws this up.

3. In the previews, they also show guns being drawn while people are at the club. Deb was one for sure that I remember.

I think what is going to happen is that Quinn is going to be having second thoughts about this Dexter thing because of Deb. I think he will finally decide to go through with it, but before he he tells his PI, the sting operation is going to hit a snag, and Quinn will be gunned down at the club (I think something obviously happens because Deb was supposed to be in the van, but they show her in the club with her gun drawn). The rest of the season will focus on trying to close the Santa Muerta case, LaGuerta getting demoted, and most importantly, Dexter and Lumen avenging her past, with a possible twist at the end (i.e. Dexter killing Lumen, Lumen turning on Dexter, or their sloppiness on one of the kills gets them in hot water).

Just my 2 cents.

/bored at work and going on a mindless rant about a fictional tv show.

Spoiler:
Deb will be in the club because she is jealous of Quinn's sexual antics. Just my opinion on how she gets into the club.

Good read though. I think you're on to something
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:20 pm

Episode 8, holy cow...
Spoiler:
- What an intense episode, start to finish -> especially when Dexter went to Chase's suite, when he was up on stage, and when Cole tracked down Lumen in the hotel.

- Jordan Chase creeps me out. Its going to be interesting how Dexter and Lumen bring him down (with him being such a high profile celebrity). I have to think that he knows something more about Dexter, just by the way he looks at him and talks to him. Even if he didnt suspect anything before, he certainly does now (with Dexter's early exit from the conference coinciding with Cole's disappearance).

- LaGuerta is such a snake. So is that cop that threw Deb under the bus for LaGuerta. I was glad to see that Angel is on Deb's side. He is a stand up guy and I really believe that he and LaGuerta will be divorced soon. He is too good for her.

- The scene with Deb and Dexter, where Deb asked "do you believe there are people that deserve to die?" was pretty telling. I would not be surprised if this was foreshadowing for the day Deb finds out about Dexter (the look on his face said to me that he wanted to tell her at that moment) and that she accepts it, and possibly embraces it. Remember, the guy that Deb killed last week was her first kill, ever. Now that she tasted blood, who knows, she may want more.

- Liddy got the evidence against Dexter that no one has had since Doakes. The previews next week show him delivering the pictures to Quinn. While I didnt like Quinn for a while, its quite obvious that he is in to Deb, and now that Liddy is playing games with him (threatening to tell LaGuerta what he is up to), I really do see Quinn backing off Dexter. I do think that somehow Dexter will catch on to Liddy, and it will be a race between him and Quinn to kill Liddy. Between this and Deb, this could possibly bring the 2 together.

- We know that Boyd, Cole, Chase, and Dan the Denist were all involved together, but there is also one more person. I have to believe that whoever this person may be is someone we've seen before (thus giving us the major plot twist for this season). My guesses....Elliot (Rita's old next door neighbor), Miguel Prado's crazy brother (Ramon I think is his name), or Jonah Mitchell (as a long shot).

- These last 4 episodes are going to be wild.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:28 pm

the best part about last night's episode was the admission that luman is a ridiculous name
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:30 pm

shmenguin wrote:the best part about last night's episode was the admission that luman is a ridiculous name

You didnt like last night?
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:40 pm

shmenguin wrote:the best part about last night's episode was the admission that luman is a ridiculous name

no, i liked it. but i've been irrationally bugged by that "name".

i think it was a little lazy that dexter just came in and choked out that guy (and by the way...that dude is an ex marine and a security guru/murderer - i think it would be a little more challenging than that to own him in a scuffle), but i like dexter's relationship with [the name]. it would be cool to get a season out of them being in some sort of romantic relationship.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:45 pm

shmenguin wrote:

no, i liked it. but i've been irrationally bugged by that "name".

i think it was a little lazy that dexter just came in and choked out that guy (and by the way...that dude is an ex marine and a security guru/murderer - i think it would be a little more challenging than that to own him in a scuffle), but i like dexter's relationship with [the name]. it would be cool to get a season out of them being in some sort of romantic relationship.

Good point. I guess that I didnt even think about the choke hold. Now that you mention it, it was kinda lazy. Not that Dexter isnt a bad mo fo, but they could have made it more of a struggle.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:50 pm

"Oh, and take care Lumen"
:scared: :scared: :scared:
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Hockeynut! on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:20 pm