Dexter Anyone? **Possible Spoilers Ahead**

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Dexter Anyone? **Possible Spoilers**

Postby Samsdog on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:02 pm

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:"Oh, and take care Lumen"
:scared: :scared: :scared:

"Hello, Dexter Morgan"-esque but somehow not repetitive. Great episode.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bob McKenzie on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:21 pm

Oh snapz... :scared:

Can't wait till next week's episode.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Postby cma3585 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:57 am

Spoiler:
I did not expect a "happy" ending like that. That said, yet another solid season, though it's hard to say this was up to par with last.
cma3585
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Azkar on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:26 am

cma3585 wrote:
Spoiler:
I did not expect a "happy" ending like that. That said, yet another solid season, though it's hard to say this was up to par with last.

Spoiler:
I'm okay with the ending. It tied up a lot of loose ends, deb had a ton of character development. I just can't see what's going to happen next season
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:34 am

They've had those types of endings before. Then, usually in the first episode (Season two for instance) a bomb is dropped, so-to-speak, setting up the events for the whole season. I'm guessing that's what's going to happen.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Bob McKenzie on Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:50 am

Azkar wrote:
cma3585 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'm okay with the ending. It tied up a lot of loose ends, deb had a ton of character development. I just can't see what's going to happen next season

Spoiler:
Quinn and Dexter will have a long talk about what happened with Liddy. Quinn will be an ally for Dexter now. Deb will go off on Quinn about what happened with Liddy and ask him why his signature was used to sign out the surveillance equipment. Quinn will admit what went on with Liddy but not tell her what Liddy found out about Dexter. Quinn will tell her that Liddy tried to extort money from him and so forth. Not sure if Lumen will be back or not. Possible but it would likely be a cameo.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Postby knives of ice on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:57 am

pretty weak finale but a solid season. not as strong as last year but i'd rank it 3rd out of the 5. i wonder what special guest they'll bring in for next year
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:00 am

bleh

i liked their relationship. they could have stretched out her decision to leave over the course of next season. i was looking forward to the possibility of them breaking the formula of total closure -> brand new arc.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:40 am

Yeah, I was kinda disappointed in the finale. It was good, but I was really waiting for a big shocker at the end (I thought twice that Dexter was going to kill Lumen, on the boat and when she told him that she was leaving). I guess the good thing with how it ended is that since most of the lose ends are tied up, they can go in any direction they want next season. A few things I am looking forward to...

1. Is this whole Quinn / Dexter thing over? I can see Dexter still having an itch to take Quinn out because of what he did, but Dexter really cares about Deb.

2. Is Lumen going to show up again? I would love to see Dexter track her down and kill her, all because she used him and so that no one living knows about his dark passenger.

I really enjoyed this season, especially the main storyline with Chase and Co. I just wish that last night ended stronger. Showtime hyped the finale and said that people would be talking about it like Season 4, and I just dont see that.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby tfrizz on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:17 pm

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Yeah, I was kinda disappointed in the finale. It was good, but I was really waiting for a big shocker at the end (I thought twice that Dexter was going to kill Lumen, on the boat and when she told him that she was leaving). I guess the good thing with how it ended is that since most of the lose ends are tied up, they can go in any direction they want next season. A few things I am looking forward to...

1. Is this whole Quinn / Dexter thing over? I can see Dexter still having an itch to take Quinn out because of what he did, but Dexter really cares about Deb.

2. Is Lumen going to show up again? I would love to see Dexter track her down and kill her, all because she used him and so that no one living knows about his dark passenger.

I really enjoyed this season, especially the main storyline with Chase and Co. I just wish that last night ended stronger. Showtime hyped the finale and said that people would be talking about it like Season 4, and I just dont see that.

Couldn't agree more.

Spoiler:
I found myself liking Quinn in the later episodes, and was glad to see Dexter rig the blood work to clear him. I really liked the exchange at the end, and it makes me believe the whole Quinn v Dexter thing is done.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Spoiler:
I am with you, Quinn did grow on me as the season went on. I do tend to believe that the Quinn / Dexter thing is done. However, Quinn does seem like a lose cannon. If things went awry with he and Deb, he may start going after Dexter again. Between the evidence that Liddy presented to him (re: Dex and Lumen), plus the fact that I am pretty sure that Quinn knows that Dex took care of Liddy, he has enough ammo to take Dexter down. Perhaps something happens with LaGuerta and her spot opens up, and busting Dexter is Quinn's ticket to the big seat?
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:27 pm

I just finished watching Ep 1, Season 1 and I am hooked. It seemed very real to me...i.e., he doesn't live in a multi-million dollar condo and drive a brand new car, but a Dodge or Plymouth Neon and lives in what looks like a converted hotel. Little things like that make it more watchable.

:thumb:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Silence_Dogood on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:39 pm

Quinn rules, Dexter rules, harry rules. I hate everyone else on the show.

And i didn't really like the finale.
Silence_Dogood
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby meecrofilm on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:49 am

So what does everyone think of Season 6 so far? I think it's pretty decent so far, starting to pick up some steam. Hopefully it continues the trend of the even-numbered seasons being the best ones.

Also, previous-seasons-spoiler prediction for this season: I also think Season 6 will continue the even-season trend of a major character geting killed every two seasons. Don't have a beat on who it might be yet though.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Dexter Anyone? **Possible Spoilers Ahead**

Postby Kraftster on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:55 am

I like it a lot so far. looking forward to the religion theme.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:56 am

Quinn has dead written all over him IMO

This season is good so far. Hanks is pretty good as a bad guy. My wife has a theory that Edward James Olmos is to Hanks (I cant remember character names) as Harry is to Dexter. Haven't seen anything to the contrary so far. No character, big or small, has interacted with him yet.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:57 am

Kraftster wrote:I like it a lot so far. looking forward to the religion theme.

Me too (shocker...)

What I want most out of this show is a way for Dexter to lose his dark passenger. I'm not hopeful that it's through Christ but I just want him to be rid of it. I'd like this series to end with him finding that peace.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:59 am

Here is what I had to say in the TV shows thread about episode 3 of this season....
Spoiler:
- Thought that last night (episode 3) was the best of this season to date.

- The Colin Hanks / Olmos storyline keeps getting creepier and creepier each week. I love the element of surprise that they 2 bring. Pretty much all of the bad guys had their own rituals on how they did things. For example, the Trinity killer, Ice Truck Killer, and the rape gang pretty much followed the same pattern for each of their victims. These guys, on the other hand, do it differently each time (first the snakes, now the horse). Granted, they make their victims repent and then they display them in public, but how they do it is different each time, and it is way darker than any of the other villains. Its not like Trinity doing everything the same way, or the rape gang doing their thing and disposing of the girls into the barrels. Hopefully Dexter starts trailing these 2 next week. I love the potential that this storyline has.

- Early on in the series, I was a fan of LaGuerta, as she always had Dexter's back. Now, she just annoys me. Since she has it out for Deb, I wonder if Dexter will end up putting LaGuerta on his table to save Deb's career, and that is how Deb ultimately finds out about Dexter. IMO, they are really setting her up to be disliked, and I thing that will come to a head at some point in the series.

- Obviously there is something up with Masuka's assistant. She is obsessed with the Ice Truck Killer (painting her nails like that, WTF), and the fact that she stole the evidence was the icing on the cake for me. I am sure that she will end up on Dexter's table by the end of this season. My guess is that she finds out a little too much about the ITK case, and Dexter needs to dispose of her.

- I love the chemistry that MCH and Mos have together. I have to wonder if they end up teaming up at some point this year, as Brother Sam admitted to still having a dark passenger.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:04 am

cheesesteak:

You are assuming Dexter will break the code in rather heinous ways to save his own butt. I don't think he does that.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:08 am

PensFanInDC wrote:cheesesteak:

You are assuming Dexter will break the code in rather heinous ways to save his own butt. I don't think he does that.

Good point. I read an interesting theory that his assistant will try and out Dexter, but she will lose all credibility when she gets caught stealing evidence from the ITK case, and Dexter will be able to escape once again.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:18 am

the B stories are atrocious this season. even more so than usual. the guy who plays angel must be in a constant state of bewilderment as to why he has a job, and why this character even exists on a revered TV show.

i'm now in fast forward mode whenever there's a scene without dexter but with the following characters:

deb
quin
angel
laguerta

just brutal.

with that said, michael c hall is great, the religion angle is interesting, mos def was impressive and the bad guys are creepy (though becoming quite contrived).
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:36 am

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:cheesesteak:

Good point. I read an interesting theory that his assistant will try and out Dexter, but she will lose all credibility when she gets caught stealing evidence from the ITK case, and Dexter will be able to escape once again.

I don't think she'll try and out Dexter, at least not intially. Anyone who paints their fingernails to look like dead victims in a serial killer case clearly has a lot more than good intentions going on. Maybe she's weird enough that if she catches on she'll try and kill Dexter or something. Or maybe she wants to team up with him and he says no so she'll threaten to go rogue with his information, but that too many shades of season 5 so I don't think it'll happen.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitts on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:06 am

I really haven't been that impressed so far, and I'm not sure why. Dexter's "random" killing every week seems weak and rushed just to add a body count. The religious guys get too little play IMO. I suppose that will change as the story progresses. The earlier seasons always had this lingering suspense that you couldn't wait to build on next week. I'm just not feeling that this season so far.

I agree with Smenguin about the characters to a point:
Quinn used to be a much stronger character before he fell in love. I liked him as the smart-ass womanizer who kinda had it in for Dexter.
Deb still cracks me up with her dirty mouth cursing. Her reaction to the marriage proposal was perfect for her character.
Angel...could they minimize his roll any more?
LaGuerta...someone else said it...I used to like her in earlier seasons. Now, I'd like to see her gone, preferably by Dexter.
Masuka and the assistant...this one has me wondering. I think Masuka finally gets some tail at some point this season!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:08 am

My wife's prediction that Edward James Olmos is not real is looking more and more like it's correct. Evidence for this in the diner scene when the waitress comes over and only asks Hanks if he wants anything else. She doesn't even register Olmos is there. Also when she is tied up in the kitchen she only responds to Hanks. I think he was a real person and Hanks was his student. I would not be surprised if Hanks became obsessed, killed his professor (Olmos) and became a dual personality.

Cheessteak said:
- Obviously there is something up with Masuka's assistant. She is obsessed with the Ice Truck Killer (painting her nails like that, WTF), and the fact that she stole the evidence was the icing on the cake for me. I am sure that she will end up on Dexter's table by the end of this season. My guess is that she finds out a little too much about the ITK case, and Dexter needs to dispose of her.

I disagreed but last night she SPECIFICALLY mentioned only cases involving Dexter. Maybe you actually are on to something...
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:28 am

PensFanInDC wrote:My wife's prediction that Edward James Olmos is not real is looking more and more like it's correct. Evidence for this in the diner scene when the waitress comes over and only asks Hanks if he wants anything else. She doesn't even register Olmos is there. Also when she is tied up in the kitchen she only responds to Hanks. I think he was a real person and Hanks was his student. I would not be surprised if Hanks became obsessed, killed his professor (Olmos) and became a dual personality.

Cheessteak said:

I disagreed but last night she SPECIFICALLY mentioned only cases involving Dexter. Maybe you actually are on to something...

I am with you on the Olmos not being real thing. I was unsure about it, but once the thing happened at the diner, I was on board. The only thing that makes me doubt it somewhat is when the waitress was tied up, it seemed to me that Hanks was surprised to find her like that. But like you said, if he has a dual personality, Hanks not realizing he tied her up fits the bill to a T.

As far as Masuka's student goes, for a second last night I was convinced that her stealing the ITK evidence was nothing more than the reasons that she stated (to pay for rent). But once she mentioned the Bay Harbor Butcher, Trinity, and the ITK again, it became clear to me that their is more to her storyline than Masuka hitting on her.

The last 3-4 minutes of the episode last night may have been some of creepiest TV I have ever watched.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to NHR