Offical Arena Thread: 2/1/07

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby bill from turtle creek on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:06 pm

Doesn't sound like he will be inviting RR back on his show, does it? He prefers a sycophant.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,686
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Serenity Now, Serenity Now.

Postby newarenanow on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:11 pm

Stoosh, or anyone else, what do you mean when Rossi says he doesn't always buy what the PEns are selling.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,339
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Postby td_ice on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:15 pm

newarenanow wrote:Stoosh, or anyone else, what do you mean when Rossi says he doesn't always buy what the PEns are selling.


I took that to mean that the Pen's "sources" sometimes put things out there, whether it be certain info, or denying certain things, soley for the sake of public consumption/dealing in the media.
td_ice
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:09 pm

Postby Corban87 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:16 pm

newarenanow wrote:Stoosh, or anyone else, what do you mean when Rossi says he doesn't always buy what the PEns are selling.


By that they are not close to a deal. He feels that both sides are trying to stay quite, so they can make a big splash together in the announcement.
Corban87
 

Postby Jesse on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:16 pm

Madden is below pathetic for toying with the heart strings of Penguins fans for the sake of ratings.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,641
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:07 am
Location: The Land of Condescending Posters

Postby td_ice on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:19 pm

Corban87 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Stoosh, or anyone else, what do you mean when Rossi says he doesn't always buy what the PEns are selling.


By that they are not close to a deal. He feels that both sides are trying to stay quite, so they can make a big splash together in the announcement.


Yeah he did say that things might be super close, but that they want everything detail proof/iron clad for any announcement so that something does not blow up in their face. So that when they do make an announcement it is final and they can make a big PR splash.
td_ice
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:09 pm

Postby newarenanow on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:23 pm

td_ice wrote:
Corban87 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Stoosh, or anyone else, what do you mean when Rossi says he doesn't always buy what the PEns are selling.


By that they are not close to a deal. He feels that both sides are trying to stay quite, so they can make a big splash together in the announcement.


Yeah he did say that things might be super close, but that they want everything detail proof/iron clad for any announcement so that something does not blow up in their face. So that when they do make an announcement it is final and they can make a big PR splash.


I can definitley agree with that. That would be the worst if they announced it, then realized something was off and couldn't get it resolved. That would kill me more than them announcing they were moving straight up.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,339
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Postby JDJ8766 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:23 pm

Does anyone else get the impression that noone really knows what is going on?
JDJ8766
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Shaler

Postby dboss on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:25 pm

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
dboss wrote:Right, but that is Burkle. Burkle and the LGP are totally separate for legal purposes. Burkle has not earned a $$$ from this 'investment' yet so I see no need for him to just pay the fee. If Burkle were just to write a check he would want something in return, such as a higher % of ownership in the club.
he is the majority owner though....


Yes, but why would Burkle just throw $10 million away just to pay off IoC, especially when its a limited partnership, without getting something in return? That is not a smart business move and Burkle is not a stupid business man, as evidenced by his accumulated wealth.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:33 am
Location: McCandless Twp, PA

Postby imau2fan on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:26 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:MM closed with shot at LGP yet again, criticizing those who hang on every message board post.


People like, say, MM himself? What a bloviating hypocrite.

And for those who say he's shamelessly toying with emotions just to get ratings, well perhaps that's because he now has to..........

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07025/756683-194.stm

.............though he'd never own up to it, of course.
imau2fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 pm
Location: Odenton, MD

Postby bill from turtle creek on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:30 pm

I wonder if the strippers are disgusted by all that pizza drool on his shirt? Do they vomit after giving him a lap dance? And one last question: how many empty pizza boxes are hidden in his skin folds?

Now, any chance he will mention these questions on his show?
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,686
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Serenity Now, Serenity Now.

Postby dboss on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:32 pm

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
dboss wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
dboss wrote:Right, but that is Burkle. Burkle and the LGP are totally separate for legal purposes. Burkle has not earned a $$$ from this 'investment' yet so I see no need for him to just pay the fee. If Burkle were just to write a check he would want something in return, such as a higher % of ownership in the club.
he is the majority owner though....


Yes, but why would Burkle just throw $10 million away just to pay off IoC, especially when its a limited partnership, without getting something in return? That is not a smart business move and Burkle is not a stupid business man, as evidenced by his accumulated wealth.
i wish he was stuiped :P


I hear 'ya! It should would make things a lot easier and less stressful. :D
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:33 am
Location: McCandless Twp, PA

Postby imau2fan on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:33 pm

Stoosh wrote:Haha! Madden closes by asking if the people who follow this situation on the message boards like carp grasping for every nugget should be considered pathetic. Rossi said those people should be considered exhausted.


More specifically--grasping for every bit of good news.

Which is quite understandable given the sea of media negativity we've been engulfed in for several months, largely by the, er, "super genius" himself.....

"The fix is in!"

"If they don't get the license, they're gone!"

"Plan B is a fraud!"

"Murstein is a stooge, doing the Three Amigos' bidding!"

Or something like that. :)
imau2fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 pm
Location: Odenton, MD

Postby JDJ8766 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:42 pm

So, to summerize what has come out today:

Fontana says they are close.

Madden says they haven't spoken in 5 or 6 days and Fontana isn't a good source of information.

Rossi says a deal could be done today or tomorrow.

Ravenstahl says they are close, but a face-to-face meeting is needed.

Rendell says a deal isn't close and this should be done by the end of February.

Also, a middle ground on development rights and/or revenue has been reached, but the sticking point is the $10 million payment to IOC. Rendell has reportedly offered a higher payment for the St. Francis property to offset this loss.

Did I miss anything?
JDJ8766
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Shaler

Postby bill from turtle creek on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:44 pm

Yes, we still don't have an answer to my pizza box question.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,686
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Serenity Now, Serenity Now.

Postby JDJ8766 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:47 pm

bill from turtle creek wrote:Yes, we still don't have an answer to my pizza box question.


Ravenstahl just said that he expects an answer to the pizza question by the end of the week, but Rendell doesn't want to put any sort of timetable on it.
JDJ8766
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Shaler

Postby Guinness on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:48 pm

bill from turtle creek wrote:Yes, we still don't have an answer to my pizza box question.


Dammit Bill! I was hungry for pizza tonight before I read that! Now I'm not sure I'll be able to keep anything down... :)
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,330
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

Postby JDJ8766 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:49 pm

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
JDJ8766 wrote:So, to summerize what has come out today:

Fontana says they are close.

Madden says they haven't spoken in 5 or 6 days and Fontana isn't a good source of information.

Rossi says a deal could be done today or tomorrow.

Ravenstahl says they are close, but a face-to-face meeting is needed.

Rendell says a deal isn't close and this should be done by the end of February.

Also, a middle ground on development rights and/or revenue has been reached, but the sticking point is the $10 million payment to IOC. Rendell has reportedly offered a higher payment for the St. Francis property to offset this loss.

Did I miss anything?
and mario isn't talking.. :?


Yeah, I forgot about that. I know it wouldn't help as far as negotiating is concerned, but I would like something from the Pens.
JDJ8766
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Shaler

Postby dboss on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:50 pm

bill from turtle creek wrote:Yes, we still don't have an answer to my pizza box question.


Racist :P
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:33 am
Location: McCandless Twp, PA

Postby Guins on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:10 pm

SDPensFan wrote:wonder what madden is eating right now, or who?
Gilbert Grape???
Guins
 

Postby dboss on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:15 pm

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
dboss wrote:
bill from turtle creek wrote:Yes, we still don't have an answer to my pizza box question.


Racist :P
you just hate me cause i'm white


When you stop being white, then I'll quit hating you. :lol:
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:33 am
Location: McCandless Twp, PA

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chirpin' Grinder, FLPensFan, GeoTank, jcgopens, JS© and 24 guests


e-mail