Basic Rules for "Wars"

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars" (the games)

Postby Zarovich on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Check out VI. iEUX was acting all crazy and Loaf was spot on as Seer.
Zarovich
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,206
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Waiting for the write-up...

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars" (the games)

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:03 pm

Seeing the PM quoting disaster that took place in the current game the easiest way to fix this is create a generic town PM.

Example:
You are *town* your goal is to eliminate all *non-town/mafia*


Given doctor it up a bit with your game theme.

Every townie gets that PM. That PM is also posted at the start of the game in the rules post so that EVERYONE knows what the generic town PM is.

Any role players in the game receive the generic town PM as well as what their role is. In this fashion no one can use hinting at or quoting the town's PM as a way to clear themselves or someone else, thereby keeping the game within the set rules.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,288
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars" (the games)

Postby the wicked child on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:56 pm

I agree with that, but also the mods should discuss the format of the PMs before splitting them in half and sending them... Who does such a thing? :pop:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,545
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars" (the games)

Postby Corvidae on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:06 pm

the wicked child wrote:I agree with that, but also the mods should discuss the format of the PMs before splitting them in half and sending them... Who does such a thing? :pop:


pffft. Maybe some idiots, but not us.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,108
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:47 am

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby the wicked child on Sun May 02, 2010 7:07 pm

the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,545
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby Corvidae on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:49 pm

Slug Wars IV is on hold indefinitely. You can move me to the bottom.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,108
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:47 am

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby Kicksave on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:29 pm

Corvidae wrote:Slug Wars IV is on hold indefinitely. You can move me to the bottom.


BULL ****.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby Corvidae on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:40 pm

Kicksave wrote:
Corvidae wrote:Slug Wars IV is on hold indefinitely. You can move me to the bottom.


BULL ****.


I guess I could just do a quick game for you.

Night 1. There is 1 :slug: . Kicksave wins!
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,108
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:47 am

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby tfrizz on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:46 pm

Here's a tip to quickly, and easily, find all posts for a player in a specific game thread.

  • Go to the Advanced Search
  • Create the keywords based off the game thread's title, and eliminate the signup and dead thread
  • Enter the user's name for author
  • Select NHR Games for your forum
  • Customize the display/order settings to your liking
  • Click Search

There are a couple of ways to phrase your search keywords, so here are a couple of examples to find all of Zarovich's posts in The Godfather Wars:
    Keywords: +"The Godfather Wars" +Game
    (or) Keywords: +"The Godfather Wars" -Dead -Signup -"Sign-Up"

    Author: Zarovich
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,137
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby relantel on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:23 pm

Sometimes an easier thing for a less-active player is simply to go to the user page and search all posts by user, since the warz tend to be near the top. Or useful if you want to see the user's last post overall. But an active poster... yeah, very helpful. I tend to sort the game thread by poster, and then skip to where whomever I am looking for is in the alphabet.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,980
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby Zarovich on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:06 pm

tfrizz wrote:Here's a tip to quickly, and easily, find all posts for a player in a specific game thread.

  • Go to the Advanced Search
  • Create the keywords based off the game thread's title, and eliminate the signup and dead thread
  • Enter the user's name for author
  • Select NHR Games for your forum
  • Customize the display/order settings to your liking
  • Click Search

There are a couple of ways to phrase your search keywords, so here are a couple of examples to find all of Zarovich's posts in The Godfather Wars:
    Keywords: +"The Godfather Wars" +Game
    (or) Keywords: +"The Godfather Wars" -Dead -Signup -"Sign-Up"

    Author: Zarovich


Why not just sort by author in the game thread?
Zarovich
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,206
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Waiting for the write-up...

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby tfrizz on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:06 pm

Zarovich wrote:
tfrizz wrote:Here's a tip to quickly, and easily, find all posts for a player in a specific game thread.

  • Go to the Advanced Search
  • Create the keywords based off the game thread's title, and eliminate the signup and dead thread
  • Enter the user's name for author
  • Select NHR Games for your forum
  • Customize the display/order settings to your liking
  • Click Search

There are a couple of ways to phrase your search keywords, so here are a couple of examples to find all of Zarovich's posts in The Godfather Wars:
    Keywords: +"The Godfather Wars" +Game
    (or) Keywords: +"The Godfather Wars" -Dead -Signup -"Sign-Up"

    Author: Zarovich


Why not just sort by author in the game thread?


I like to be able to get the context of a postpretty easily. Instead of sorting and resorting, you can click on a search result and view it normally.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,137
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby canaan on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:59 pm

i think reading the posts out of context lend to a pretty decent inspection into a person's style of play--but thats just me/
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,688
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby the wicked child on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Not sure if we should start another thread for this or not, but here is a handy moderation guide.

On that site, found an interesting alternative to random.org: http://adv-random-gen.sourceforge.net/rand-gen/index.php?gen=mafia

It's a bit more involved, but generates a list like so: (used Doc's player list and generic roles)
alpha: columbia
angel: thg
seer: mac1515
vig: ps87
villager: bhaw
villager: ulf
villager: slappybrown
villager: MWB
villager: Bob Cole
villager: Zarovich
villager: shafnutz05
villager: LITT
wolf: doublem
wolf: Rylan
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,545
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby pittsports87 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:17 pm

I'm the vig? Then I wanna shoot BCS.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,422
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: College

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby Bob Cole's Senility on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:20 am

pittsports87 wrote:I'm the vig? Then I wanna shoot BCS.


Image
Bob Cole's Senility
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,205
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:46 am
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby DocEmrick on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:23 am

brokd link
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,241
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby DocEmrick on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:53 am

bcs fail
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,241
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby pittsports87 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:55 am

DocEmrick wrote:bcs fail

:slug:
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,422
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: College

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby npv708 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:09 pm

I'm debating about making my glorious return to the War Games, but I don't know about my ability to commit timewise working a 40hr retail work week.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,667
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby bhaw on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:55 pm

npv708 wrote:I'm debating about making my glorious return to the War Games, but I don't know about my ability to commit timewise working a 40hr retail work week.


I'd say you have 128 hours outside of that to commit :)
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,997
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby the wicked child on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:14 am

I'm sure you can find time whenever Jellyfish Invasion rolls around. It will... sometime. :pop:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,545
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby columbia on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:06 am

Doc: Please wait until after the game, to get banned.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 45,843
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby DocEmrick on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:08 am

columbia wrote:Doc: Please wait until after the game, to get banned.


I will, I'm excited for this one too.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,241
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: Basic Rules for "Wars"

Postby pittsports87 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:13 am

DocEmrick wrote:
columbia wrote:Doc: Please wait until after the game, to get banned.


I will, I'm excited for this one too.

The game or getting banned?
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,422
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: College

PreviousNext

Return to NHR Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

e-mail