Roberts to Pens?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby KG on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:37 pm

So if the deal is Welch for Roberts, how many want the deal to still go through?

I would say yes because I think the extra forward depth will lead to adding a top 4 d man...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Guins on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:37 pm

Bowser wrote:Roberts comes here, Malone or Christensen will be traded. There's more interest in Malone (Car, Phx, Ott, Tor).

Smolinski probably ends up in Vancouver.

But Bowser the GREAT Eklund said the Pens were closing in on Smoke how can you say that :roll: :lol:
Guins

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:38 pm

KG wrote:So if the deal is Welch for Roberts, how many want the deal to still go through?

I would say yes because I think the extra forward depth will lead to adding a top 4 d man...

no, just because we dont need roberts
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bowser on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:38 pm

KG - Welch for Roberts is acceptable if they can acquire a defenseman, maybe Anton Babchuk from Carolina for Malone. Shero has moves available to him.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby EagleMorph on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:38 pm

Bowser wrote:Roberts comes here, Malone or Christensen will be traded. There's more interest in Malone (Car, Phx, Ott, Tor).

Is it possible that it's Ouellet going to Florida, not Welch or Christiansen?

Thus making room for Malone/Christiansen to go elsewhere for a righty defensive defenseman?
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Guins on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:39 pm

Pipes Hochuli wrote:
KG wrote:So if the deal is Welch for Roberts, how many want the deal to still go through?

Well & of course you know more than RS & his scouts RIGHT!!!
Guins

Postby Ron` on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:39 pm

Eric, You have the best case on forwards imo. I hope Roberts comes here and wants to play one more. Malone gets traded for a dman and EC developes into a sniper. Smoke just hurts my eyes and hopefully blows northward like you said.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:40 pm

Guins wrote:
Pipes Hochuli wrote:

no, but in this case i hope that i do
it's an opinion, RIGHT?
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bowser on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:41 pm

Ouellet doesn't have much value outside of Pittsburgh. He's a slow skater, doesn't create offense on his own, very streaky, average defensively, and doesn't help the PK.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby crzymike on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:41 pm

At this point in time ,Welch has been a disappointment! Yes he has potential but really hasnt been consistent enough for the managements liking. I would look at the trade as a minimal loss for the future. We have other prospects with a far more significant upside!
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Daniel on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:41 pm

Bowser wrote:Ouellet doesn't have much value outside of Pittsburgh. He's a slow skater, doesn't create offense on his own, very streaky, average defensively, and doesn't help the PK.

He doesn't have much value outside of Therrian. :lol:
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Guins on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:42 pm

Pipes Hochuli wrote:
Guins wrote:
Pipes Hochuli wrote:

it's an opinion, RIGHT?

Yes it is an opinion but I trust RS & the Guys he hired more than you. No slight but their arse in on the line
Guins

Postby Bowser on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:43 pm

There's alot of talk, alot of possible intangible moves to be made and in the end, none of it may happen. If they can't get these moves to go right, they won't be made.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby LdubsRoot23 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:43 pm

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
EagleMorph wrote:
Bowser wrote:According to a league source, Pens have asked Roberts to make a decision by 9 pm eastern. They have a few other things in the fire that hinge on the deal with Florida and Roberts waiving his NTC.

Pens are balking at the price Phoenix wants for Georges Laraque as the Pens have had more interest in defenseman Nick Boynton.

Thanks for the updates, Bowser.

I'll trust your sources before I believe a single media report. Even if nothing happens with the information from your end, it's always more logical and worthwhile discussing instead of some of the shlock from other sites.
boynton > laraque

Boynton is way too much per year...he's not worth giving up prospects and/or roster players in addition to the 3 mill a year he doesn't deserve
LdubsRoot23
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby KG on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:44 pm

Eklund: Sources say that Roberts is "Seriously considering" going to Pitt at this hour.
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Guins on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:44 pm

KG wrote:Eklund: Sources say that Roberts is "Seriously considering" going to Pitt at this hour.

DAMN that means it's not going to happen :lol: :lol:
Guins

Postby penny lane on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:45 pm

pens aren't really having to convince G Roberts
to come to Pittsburgh, I hope?

Toronto may be more his style.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:45 pm

Guins wrote:
Pipes Hochuli wrote:
Guins wrote:
Pipes Hochuli wrote:

it's an opinion, RIGHT?

Yes it is an opinion but I trust RS & the Guys he hired more than you. No slight but their arse in on the line

i'll keep that in mind for everytime someone bashes oullet
therrien, fleury, and our entire defensive squad.

how does roberts add anything dynamic to this team? experience? please....EXPERIENCE THE EVOLUTION (i had to)
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby magnum on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:47 pm

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Guins wrote:
Pipes Hochuli wrote:

i do :D i have a 188 IQ thus making me smarter than both of them

Yeah but have you ever played professional hockey? If you have then your opinion > everyone else's and Ray Shero's and the scouts. If not, then I'm afraid to tell you but your opinion is not highly regarded and acceptable in Professional Hockey player circles.
magnum
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanBryan on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:49 pm

Guins wrote:
KG wrote:Eklund: Sources say that Roberts is "Seriously considering" going to Pitt at this hour.

DAMN that means it's not going to happen :lol: :lol:

Why do we even go to hockeybuzz? geez. Eklund has done a full 180 on this. at 2PM he was saying that he didnt think he would accept the trade. 3PM, Roberts to Otawa still a possibility. Now 4:30PM, "seriously considering".
Last edited by PensFanBryan on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PensFanBryan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby KG on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:50 pm

I can't take MM saying that Roberts is to slow to play with Crosby....Is Gary Roberts a hack and I don't see it? He is not a speed monger, but he has played with skilled guys his whole career...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Spikey on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:50 pm

Well I would certainly hope that as an adult and a professional, the man would seriously consider any option he was given. Eklund is really giving some earth-shattering news there.
Spikey
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jesse on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:51 pm

Spikey wrote:

Well I would certainly hope that as an adult and a professional, the man would seriously consider any option he was given. Eklund is really giving some earth-shattering news there.

Whats even better is that he reported Kovy was on waivers after USA Today incorrectly did.

Thus rendering obvious where he gets his sources from.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins