Dexter Anyone? **Possible Spoilers Ahead**

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Dexter Anyone? **Possible Spoilers Ahead**

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:36 am

She only made eye contact with Hanks in the kitchen and that is a classic film technique when dealing with a multiple personality. It will also tie in nicely with Dexter's spiritual quest in regards to his having "faith in his father" (Harry).

The writing is really good this year.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:57 am

PensFanInDC wrote:She only made eye contact with Hanks in the kitchen and that is a classic film technique when dealing with a multiple personality. It will also tie in nicely with Dexter's spiritual quest in regards to his having "faith in his father" (Harry).

Good point. Looking back on it, you are correct that she only made eye contact with Hanks. I love where this season is going.

The one thing that I wasnt quite sure of was at the end when Dexter spotted Hanks, I wasnt sure what to make of it (i.e. does he think that Hanks was involved). If you saw the previews for next week, it appears to be the case. However, I am not sure if Dexter picked up on that at the crime scene, or if something that happens next week that we didnt see in the previews leads Dexter to Hanks.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:27 pm

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:She only made eye contact with Hanks in the kitchen and that is a classic film technique when dealing with a multiple personality. It will also tie in nicely with Dexter's spiritual quest in regards to his having "faith in his father" (Harry).

Good point. Looking back on it, you are correct that she only made eye contact with Hanks. I love where this season is going.

The one thing that I wasnt quite sure of was at the end when Dexter spotted Hanks, I wasnt sure what to make of it (i.e. does he think that Hanks was involved). If you saw the previews for next week, it appears to be the case. However, I am not sure if Dexter picked up on that at the crime scene, or if something that happens next week that we didnt see in the previews leads Dexter to Hanks.

Dexter's voice over said that it doesn't look like a killer but it does look like a man with faith. Possibly a side kick.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:17 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:

Dexter's voice over said that it doesn't look like a killer but it does look like a man with faith. Possibly a side kick.

Yeah that's what I believe he was thinking too, since he found out there were two people (or personalities as has been speculated). The dual-thing didn't occur to me, but yall's is definitely onto something IMO. I just don't have an eye for that sort of thing -- Dexter is the only "detective" related show I currently watch. Although I was able to pick up on the Trinity daughter thing before it happened. That was it, hahah.

I don't think that Ryan (female sp?) has anything at all on Dexter yet, as all the cases she mentions were probably all the mass big headline serial killer cases that ever happened recently -- of course Dexter happened to be involved in them, but I think it's more coincidence than anything. I DO agree though that her obsession could eventually lead her to him. And I think she manages to hang around by registering a sexual harassment complaint against Masuka.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Spangler on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:12 pm

I really wish I didn't read this thread because it never occurred to me that EJO isn't real, and I now think it's absolutely correct.

Although EJO became the number one suspect, remember that he went missing for a few years and no one has heard from him since.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:23 pm

So...why no talk about the new season??? Anyone?

Spoiler:
It REALLY annoys me that Deb knows everything!

Spoiler:
Dexter's balls to the wall fight with the Koshka Boss is badass!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:55 am

Spoiler:
I really see Quinn making an exit this season, for some reason. I don't think he can survive going against the Koshka Brothers.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby demondg1 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:56 am

I refuse to look at the spoilers, but I get the suspicion that Batista dies. Soon.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:55 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Spoiler:
I really see Quinn making an exit this season, for some reason. I don't think he can survive going against the Koshka Brothers.

Spoiler:
I'm thinking LaGuerta. She's getting too close and won't leave it alone.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby 60sixx on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:55 am

I think this season has been a huge disappointment thus far. Too many instances of potentially interesting plots getting thrown out the window way too soon (Deb finding out about Dex, Lewis stuff, etc) Everything just feels really half-assed.

I'd put LaGuerta at the top of my Dexter Ghoul Pool.
60sixx
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:02 am

Awesome premier. So many ways this could all go. I have my theories.

Spoiler:
The most obvious of which is that Dr. Vogel is the serial killer
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:06 am

PensFanInDC wrote:Awesome premier. So many ways this could all go. I have my theories.

Spoiler:

My thought too.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Samsdog on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:09 am

Kraftster wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Awesome premier. So many ways this could all go. I have my theories.

Spoiler:

My thought too.

I was talking to my buddy after the episode last night and had a similar thought.
Spoiler:
Not a far stretch of the imagination for her to be a psychopath since she's so enamored with them.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kraftster on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:11 am

Spoiler:
Her comment that he can't kill her because she doesn't fit Harry's code cuts against her being the killer, though. And as open as she was with him, I'm tempted at this point to believe her.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:39 am

Kraftster wrote:
Spoiler:
Her comment that he can't kill her because she doesn't fit Harry's code cuts against her being the killer, though. And as open as she was with him, I'm tempted at this point to believe her.

I'm not spoiler tagging in this thread anymore. It says spoilers in the thread title.

I think she's the killer. She's a neuro-psychologist and the victims are missing parts of their brain. I think the person she is going to try and get Dexter to kill is a scapegoat and this is a game she is playing. Harry probably came to her years ago and told her about Dexter and that's why she knows about him. I don't think she is working alone though.

Deb is a wild card. I don't think she's going to confess. I do think, however, that she is going to kill Dexter, probably in front of Harrison, leading to his creation into another serial killer.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:39 am

Kraftster wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm not spoiler tagging in this thread anymore. It says spoilers in the thread title.

I think she's the killer. She's a neuro-psychologist and the victims are missing parts of their brain. I think the person she is going to try and get Dexter to kill is a scapegoat and this is a game she is playing. Harry probably came to her years ago and told her about Dexter and that's why she knows about him. I don't think she is working alone though.

Deb is a wild card. I don't think she's going to confess. I do think, however, that she is going to kill Dexter, probably in front of Harrison, leading to his creation into another serial killer.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:40 am

so nice it posted twice
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby largegarlic on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:56 pm

Spoiler:
I think it's too obvious for the doctor to be the killer. They've had the guest star be the killer so many times now, it would be pretty lame if they did it again. Didn't she mention something about former patients of hers who she was unable to help? She might want Dexter to help her take care of the people she failed to cure.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:06 pm

largegarlic wrote:
Spoiler:
I think it's too obvious for the doctor to be the killer. They've had the guest star be the killer so many times now, it would be pretty lame if they did it again. Didn't she mention something about former patients of hers who she was unable to help? She might want Dexter to help her take care of the people she failed to cure.

She did say that in the "this season on Dexter" bit but I am thinking that the "an old patient of mine" bit is part of a game she wants to play with Dexter.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:17 pm

largegarlic wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I think you are on to something. The doctor did mention that she thought it was a former patient of hers. It's pretty obvious she knows a lot about Dexter (perhaps she even helped Harry write The Code), and now she is enlisting his help to catch this killer.

I really don't know how this all ends. So many possibilities such as...

1. Dexter gets killed by Deb, or maybe even by Batista (if he finds out that Dexter killed Laguerta)
2. Dexter goes to jail
3. Dexter commits suicide
4. Maybe Harrison sees Dexter kill someone (perhaps Deb), Dexter goes to jail, and the show ends with a grown Harrison following in his father's footsteps.

I thought last night was a bit predictable at times, but it set the table for an awesome final season
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:28 pm

Harrison is certainly going to become a serial killer. This show is not going to have a happy ending.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kaizer on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:17 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:
Kraftster wrote:
Spoiler:

way too obvious. she followed hannibal lecter to miami, and wants dexter to help hunt him down. the series finale is a franchise crossover, dexter vs lecter, to see which loveable serial killer earns the right to die in their sleep.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby dman66 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:45 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:Harrison is certainly going to become a serial killer. This show is not going to have a happy ending.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I'm thinking as much as well. This is the first season my wife and I have watched while it was live, we finally got Showtime after years of just downloading it. Anyway, I'm thinking in the end, Deb kills Dex and then kills herself. No way Dexter kills himself with Harrison there. The Dr. knowing about Dexter wasn't much of a shock, but I figured that would happen a couple episodes in and not the end of the first one. First episode was good. Deb is such a mess at this point...
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Samsdog on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:52 pm

Thought I just had-what if the doctor is the one that put the idea of the Code in Harry's head in the first place? She's a psychopath whose thing is cultivating serial killers and unleashing them on the world. Hence the new killer. Would be kind of an interesting twist if she's the puppet master behind Dexter.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Mr. Colby on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:13 pm

Samsdog wrote:Thought I just had-what if the doctor is the one that put the idea of the Code in Harry's head in the first place? She's a psychopath whose thing is cultivating serial killers and unleashing them on the world. Hence the new killer. Would be kind of an interesting twist if she's the puppet master behind Dexter.

I could see this being the case... Dexter kills her in the end and he's finally "free"
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NHR