World of Warcraft discussion thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: World of Warcraft discussion thread

Postby Kaizer on Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:50 pm

lolwut?

nice try, but thats not bringing me back.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby SoupOrSam on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:01 am

Just re-subscribed after a 6 month break.

POW-E.

.. and no not for the MoP.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:05 am

When is that expansion slated to come out? Not for a while I would think, right?

I have been getting a little back into it leveling a druid....most fun class I have played by far. I enjoy healing quite a bit.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:53 am

That expansion is like an Onion parody of the game. My god. I have the game still installed, and WoW just gave me 14 days of free time. I'm going in and perma deleting my toons and uninstalling for good.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

AlexPKeaton wrote:That expansion is like an Onion parody of the game. My god. I have the game still installed, and WoW just gave me 14 days of free time. I'm going in and perma deleting my toons and uninstalling for good.

Can I have your stuff? I've read this so much in the past three days. It's like everyone's ditch effort to think that Blizzard cares if people leave or not.

Not saying that you're not doing this, but literally go anywhere dealing with WoW and see the people proclaiming they are done "for good."
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:57 am

Well I haven't subbed for a long time and don't really plan on coming back anyway, but normally I come in and check out the latest expansion if there is something cool in it, and play for like 1-2 months. But this is the first expansion where I have 0 desire to check it out at all.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:59 am

lol why would you delete your characters? Out of principle? sell them on Craigslist or something
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:03 am

No I don't want anyone to have my toons, they have been through too much. It is Seppuku or nothing.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kraftster on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:07 am

AlexPKeaton wrote:No I don't want anyone to have my toons, they have been through too much. It is Seppuku or nothing.

lol, it does bother me to know that someone out there is rolling with my fleet of toons. I wish I could look them up on the armory to make sure that they at least are not making terrible decisions. It makes me cringe when I think about going in to look at my kitty with a bunch of +attack power gems or something.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SoupOrSam on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:01 am

OH SNAP.... just hit 1100 in 2v2s. LMAO. (Never pvp'd much at all) ... but this was week two for me and my buddy and last week we went 9-19. This week we went 9-8.

Fun fun fun.

Blood DK in pvp completely OP. Do not care. They are absolutely the most OP to me right now. Frigging dishing out 750k dmg with frigging 500k in self heals.... Sorry, that's OP to the max. Please Bliz nerf bomb. Thank you.
Last edited by SoupOrSam on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:02 am

I am horrible at PVP
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SoupOrSam on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:07 am

shafnutz05 wrote:I am horrible at PVP

So "was" I. Not saying I am good... but simply stating I am no where near as bad as I was. I only ever cared about endgame that's why.... but yeah did a crapload of Org dueling, many bgs over the last two weeks, and the two weeks worth of bgs... def noticed a huge improvement.

I know most classes abilities... well up until about 6 months ago when I stopped playing, and I know my rogue class so that helps.

To me it's mostly learning how you and your partner communicate. We're getting better and quicker at recognizing situations.

If you would like to have some fun and learn(with us learning too of course) without any pressure put on you.... join the executus server and you can three's with us. We're Rogue/Lock -- 4k resil. He also has a druid he's building, I'm going to start on my pally soon. We're on everyday for a good many hours. Mostly just BG now, do some random heroic runs for the VP to Conquest, Tol Barad when we're attacking, and just random stuff really. We have a vent server.

Pretty much burnt out of end game content and the constant rotation of retards in and out of the coregroup who only care about loot. But yeah if you wanted to have some fun and don't have any commitments on the server you're on, jump on over to executus. We both have all professions and secondary's maxed between all of our toons so that'll be cool. Plus the gold on executus is crazy....
Last edited by SoupOrSam on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby SoupOrSam on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Wanted to restate the following:
A blood DK is the most OP class to have ever existed in WoW. Absolutely NO WAY any spec should be able to have as much burst & sustainable dmg all the while being a beneficiary of a completely bulls$%^ design in self-healing from dmg.

Druids shifiting into bear form are not that far behind.

Far and away the two classes with the most needed nerfs.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Is this still popular?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:49 pm

SoupOrSam wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I am horrible at PVP

So "was" I. Not saying I am good... but simply stating I am no where near as bad as I was. I only ever cared about endgame that's why.... but yeah did a crapload of Org dueling, many bgs over the last two weeks, and the two weeks worth of bgs... def noticed a huge improvement.

I know most classes abilities... well up until about 6 months ago when I stopped playing, and I know my rogue class so that helps.

To me it's mostly learning how you and your partner communicate. We're getting better and quicker at recognizing situations.

If you would like to have some fun and learn(with us learning too of course) without any pressure put on you.... join the executus server and you can three's with us. We're Rogue/Lock -- 4k resil. He also has a druid he's building, I'm going to start on my pally soon. We're on everyday for a good many hours. Mostly just BG now, do some random heroic runs for the VP to Conquest, Tol Barad when we're attacking, and just random stuff really. We have a vent server.

Pretty much burnt out of end game content and the constant rotation of retards in and out of the coregroup who only care about loot. But yeah if you wanted to have some fun and don't have any commitments on the server you're on, jump on over to executus. We both have all professions and secondary's maxed between all of our toons so that'll be cool. Plus the gold on executus is crazy....

Totally forgot you came to my server. I'm leveling a warrior level 75 right now that I'm looking to get into PVP with.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:10 pm

SoupOrSam wrote:Wanted to restate the following:
A blood DK is the most OP class to have ever existed in WoW. Absolutely NO WAY any spec should be able to have as much burst & sustainable dmg all the while being a beneficiary of a completely bulls$%^ design in self-healing from dmg.

Druids still need nerfed? I felt way OP about 3 years ago with my druid. I figured they'd suck by now.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:19 pm

Kraftster wrote:
SoupOrSam wrote:Wanted to restate the following:

Druids still need nerfed? I felt way OP about 3 years ago with my druid. I figured they'd suck by now.

lol Druids are still bank in most forms of playing, raiding, PVE, and PVP.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:27 pm

It was just silliness. We'd be going to do Kara or Gruuls and I'd be like, okay, do you want me to be MT, top healer, or top DPS?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:28 pm

Kraftster wrote:It was just silliness. We'd be going to do Kara or Gruuls and I'd be like, okay, do you want me to be MT, top healer, or top DPS?

For the most part they've made it so any tank is really acceptable. You can still rock healing, but I don't think TOP dps is achievable. Top 5 at least, but not number 1 unless you out gear everyone.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:35 pm

Curator was a kitty's dream because you could just stand behind him and use the shred attack that you couldn't use on a lot of the other stuff in Kara. If you had a stud MT there, a druid just destroy on dps.

I wanted to make sure shred was the right ability, so I opened a new tab and stared at the address bar. I had to google "world of warcraft" to remember www.thottbot.com. Sad day to realize I forgot the name of that website.

/sad story bro
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SoupOrSam on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Throttbot has just about been completely replaced by wowhead.com and mmo-champion.com
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kraftster on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:47 pm

SoupOrSam wrote:Throttbot has just about been completely replaced by wowhead.com and mmo-champion.com

sad
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:07 pm

I went to thottbot until I got a trojan virus. I use nothing but wowhead.com now. I haven't played in about a month though(leveling a warrior, bored of of my mind with the game).
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SoupOrSam on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:36 am

Legendary Daggers INCOMING.

Lol. Well, getting close to ther 333 needed gems. ... but then... will need another 50.

Got a late start, previous gm decided to screw everyone and had to find another guild for myself and buddy. Screw it, I'll still get my daggers, but won't be able to use them as long as I would have liked to. ;/
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby SoupOrSam on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:15 am

Anyone playing MoP?

Very limited time to level, but decided to make a monk my main. Healing is so OP so far. Going to be great tank healers, putting a pally out of the job.

Cross-realm ganking is sickening, lol. Outlands leveling is crazy stuff trying not to get ganked.

Haven't even moved a single 85 of mine forward yet, so it should be fun since it should be a little less crowded.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR