Pens Tattoos

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens Tattoos

Postby Loaf31 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:21 pm

I was just wondering if anyone had any?

I have always told myself, once the arena situation was figured out that I would get one(which hopefully is about to happen). I just don't know what a skating Penguins Tatoo would look like.

I really want one though.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Batman21 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:28 pm

Thank you for posting this. I've been meaning to do the same for a while now. I'd love to see what other folks have done before I get some Pens Ink.
Batman21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby drnort on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:29 pm

IF i did something like that, and i wouldnt, i would simply do a black outline of the logo...

i think the entire logo in color would look kind of silly.

but i can see the outline of the pens logo or steelers logo being kind of cool looking.
drnort
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Loaf31 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:30 pm

Batman21 wrote:Thank you for posting this. I've been meaning to do the same for a while now. I'd love to see what other folks have done before I get some Pens Ink.

No problem, I though you were being sarcastic at first lol. but I have always wanted a tatoo, but I didnt like anything enough to get one. Then I thought about it and the Pens popped in my head.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Batman21 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:32 pm

Ive feel the exact same way. Could I actually go thru w. it? and if i could, would i puss out and get some lame tiny logo near my ankle or go balls out and get a huge one...
Batman21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Loaf31 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:36 pm

Batman21 wrote:Ive feel the exact same way. Could I actually go thru w. it? and if i could, would i puss out and get some lame tiny logo near my ankle or go balls out and get a huge one...

i know that mine is going to go on the outside of my calf, and I want it to be a decent size, but I cant decide between just a logo or the entire thing colored in
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Stanley Cup finals

Postby Angry Skating Pen w scarf on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:40 pm

When the Pens get to the Cup finals, I'm going for the full color angry skating pen with scraf on one of my pipes.
Angry Skating Pen w scarf
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Batman21 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:40 pm

If its going to be like, 4" x 4", i say color it in. if its going to be smaller, than mayb e just the outline.
Batman21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby conforto45 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:43 pm

im going to get "Sidney Crosby" with a heart around it on my back...

no but for real, ive been thinking about it for awhile too... but i gotta decide if i can handle the pain ( im a big wuss) and if they are staying or not
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jesse on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:43 pm

I'm getting one, but it isn't going to be until the team's future is secure.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Loaf31 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:46 pm

Jesse wrote:I'm getting one, but it isn't going to be until the team's future is secure.

thats what I said, at least I know they'll be here for 20-30 yrs
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MarioLives on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:47 pm

I have had one since college, about 5 years ago. It is simply the pens logo, in black. I have it on my leg. If they move, I guess I am screwed.....lol
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby conforto45 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:47 pm

its funny.. whenever i talk to my girlfriend about going to games, and getting all fired up and talking about getting a Pens tattoo.. she just looks at me and thinks im crazy..

does anyone else have that problem w/ their girlfriends? they dont understand how much the team really means to you and thinks you are a fool for going buck wild like you do whenever something happens?

she thought i was retarded whenever i said i will probably cry if the team leaves the city... or if they win the cup
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Batman21 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:49 pm

MarioLives wrote:I have had one since college, about 5 years ago. It is simply the pens logo, in black. I have it on my leg. If they move, I guess I am screwed.....lol

Post a pick, brah...
Batman21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby stopper40 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:51 pm

conforto45 wrote:its funny.. whenever i talk to my girlfriend about going to games, and getting all fired up and talking about getting a Pens tattoo.. she just looks at me and thinks im crazy..

does anyone else have that problem w/ their girlfriends? they dont understand how much the team really means to you and thinks you are a fool for going buck wild like you do whenever something happens?

she thought i was retarded whenever i said i will probably cry if the team leaves the city... or if they win the cup

I'm thinking of getting one when they announce they're staying, I'm either goint to go 1968 old school or the one they used for a couple seasons in the mid 90's

on another note I got 2 yesterday
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Loaf31 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:51 pm

conforto45 wrote:its funny.. whenever i talk to my girlfriend about going to games, and getting all fired up and talking about getting a Pens tattoo.. she just looks at me and thinks im crazy..

Actually my wife is all for it, she said if I am that attached to the tm, then go for it
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Batman21 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:58 pm

Dude, i think we've all been there. I've lost a few girls because of my devotion to Phish and to the Pens. Ef them, they were fat anyway.

The way i see it - The Pens are a family thing. My grandpa/dad have been going to games/season tix since 69-70. Its more than just "something I like." Its a very important tie I have w. my dad and grandfather and uncles and cousins. example - I still tell people that the biggest hug my dad ever gave me was 6/1/92. Thats something important to me and I will always remember. (The only reason that it wasn't on 5/25/91 was because we were in the car at the moment they one, on our way back from a trip. we could bearly make out KDKA but heard the whole game.)

My point is, maybe try explaining it to your girl that its more than just a score in the paper, its something that is important to you on many levels.
Last edited by Batman21 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Batman21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shane613 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:59 pm

i'm going to get an 87 and CROSBY tattooed on my back, full jersey size
shane613
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby conforto45 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:04 pm

Batman21 wrote:

Dude, i think we've all been there. I've lost a few girls because of my devotion to Phish and to the Pens. Ef them, they were fat anyway.

The way i see it - The Pens are a family thing. My grandpa/dad have been going to games/season tix since 69-70. Its more than just "something I like." Its a very important tie I have w. my dad and grandfather and uncles and cousins. example - I still tell people that the biggest hug my dad ever gave me was 6/1/92. Thats something important to me and I will always remember. (The only reason that it wasn't on 5/25/91 was because we were in the car at the moment they one, on our way back from a trip. we could bearly make out KDKA but heard the whole game.)

My point is, maybe try explaining it to your girl that its more than just a score in the paper, its something that is important to you on many levels.

ive been with her for 5 years... she knows how much i love the game... she just still doesnt get me.

same way w/ the family. im the only one who likes hockey, so its hard to get on the same page as them as well...

oh well though.
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Loaf31 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:06 pm

this one I like
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Batman21 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:08 pm

ya man thats cool. would get a white background?
Batman21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eastonpensfan on Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:17 pm

conforto45 wrote:ive been with her for 5 years... she knows how much i love the game... she just still doesnt get me.

same way w/ the family. im the only one who likes hockey, so its hard to get on the same page as them as well...

oh well though.

I've been married for 5 years and dated her for 3 years before that, while we were in college. On one of our first times we hung out, I took her to the inline hockey rink near my place and told her "this is my second home". Since I'm a WBS Penguins STH, I take her to some games, and she comes on my once-a-year trip to Pitt to see the Pens (although she didn't go to the game with me this last time).

She likes seeing hockey live, but thinks I'm too passionate about it. But, then again, I don't understand how she is so into fashion and decorating shows on TV, so we're even. You'll always find that there will be things you and the gf (or wife) don't understand about each other. As long as you don't try to ban each other from doing the things you love, you'll be fine.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby SoupOrSam on Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:30 pm

mine just started watching hockey this year. she's went to games but treated it only as novelty until she met me. in the beginning of this season i'm all hyped up for the day with the "guess what happens tonight?" "PENS PLAY!!!" and she'd look at me like i'm class a freakin nuts. now she'll sometimes go crazier than myself when she sees a penalty not called or one of the many LAME penalties on us. to think i learned this woman well. AMAZING, AMAZING! :lol:
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby ChiTraderRob on Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:44 pm

As soon as this arena thing is settled, I will be adding too my Pittsburgh sports team body art. I have this already:

I am going to get this:

ChiTraderRob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:45 pm

I've promised my friends if they can get me sufficiently drunk and pay for it, I'll get a full color Penguin Logo on my ass.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins