Phoenix Coyotes staying in Phoenix?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Phoenix Coyotes staying in Phoenix?

Postby CBear3 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:34 am

Mr. Colby wrote:I like this. I can't envision long-term sustainable success in Kansas City, though I'm not an economist.

Seattle could work out well, those west-coast teams have actually succeeded. It's better than Phoenix because it isn't a bunch of older transplants that already have their own teams to root for. That's half the problem with the Panthers. And why Vegas probably wouldn't work out so well.

Try to keep Phoenix out west, then move the next team to QC, whether it's NYI, NJ, Florida, Nashville

Kansas City might have the fan base, but not enough corporate support. Although I've been pleasantly surprised how many small local companies are supporting Kansas City's minor league team (Missouri Mavericks of the CHL); but the only thing KC has are small, local companies. That's why Seattle should look so good. There's a bevy of Fortune 500 companies with headquarters in the Seattle area.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:30 pm

no name wrote:Man if KC gets it, how do you work (the new) re-alighnemnt, either Detroit or Columbus would have to move east.

Seattle Volcanos.

They both can move there, and I'm pretty sure they both want to.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:35 pm

CBear3 wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:I like this. I can't envision long-term sustainable success in Kansas City, though I'm not an economist.

Seattle could work out well, those west-coast teams have actually succeeded. It's better than Phoenix because it isn't a bunch of older transplants that already have their own teams to root for. That's half the problem with the Panthers. And why Vegas probably wouldn't work out so well.

Try to keep Phoenix out west, then move the next team to QC, whether it's NYI, NJ, Florida, Nashville

Kansas City might have the fan base, but not enough corporate support. Although I've been pleasantly surprised how many small local companies are supporting Kansas City's minor league team (Missouri Mavericks of the CHL); but the only thing KC has are small, local companies. That's why Seattle should look so good. There's a bevy of Fortune 500 companies with headquarters in the Seattle area.

In that case, I guess we should tell Winnipeg that they'll never be as good of a hockey market as Atlanta is. :pop:
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby columbia on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
CBear3 wrote:

In that case, I guess we should tell Winnipeg that they'll never be as good of a hockey market as Atlanta is. :pop:

Let's talk in 10 years and see how well WPG is doing.
I'm glad that they are there, but we'll see...
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:00 pm

columbia wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
CBear3 wrote:

Let's talk in 10 years and see how well WPG is doing.
I'm glad that they are there, but we'll see...

:lol:

Definitely, I am more than aware of what can happen. :thumb:
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby GJ on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:47 pm

Seattle Cattle

GJ
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Seattle Kaizers
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Headshot77 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:20 am

The KC sunshine?
Headshot77
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:58 am

Headshot77 wrote:The KC sunshine?

The KC Ribs? The KC Cookout? The KC Jazz? The KC Edge? The KC Chops? The KC DJs?
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Streaks House on Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Announcement today that construction on an 18K seat NHL arena in Quebec Coty will begin in September and be finished in 2015.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rylan on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:00 pm

What was a Nordique? Nordics?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:23 pm

Rylan wrote:What was a Nordique? Nordics?

It means "Northmen" or "Northerners". They chose the name because they were one of the northernmost teams in professional sports in North America.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Rylan on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:48 pm

Thanks. :fist:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:00 pm

If the 'yotes move East next season can they just swap divisions with the Jets?
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Bathgate on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Physical_Graffiti wrote:

It means "Northmen" or "Northerners". They chose the name because they were one of the northernmost teams in professional sports in North America.

It's a great name, but I hope the Coyotes don't leave Phoenix or the US. It's bad for US hockey. That said, if the Nordiques are resurrected, I hope they keep the same powder blue uniforms because they were attractive and unique. However, I expect they would go to black uniforms for marketing purposes.
Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:19 pm

Bathgate wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:

It's a great name, but I hope the Coyotes don't leave Phoenix or the US. It's bad for US hockey. That said, if the Nordiques are resurrected, I hope they keep the same powder blue uniforms because they were attractive and unique. However, I expect they would go to black uniforms for marketing purposes.

Add some red to these sweaters and they're perfect imo:

Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby newarenanow on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:20 am

^ I've seen those uni's before. They were going to those before they moved to Colorado. IF the Coyotes move up there, I hope they go to those with their old ones as a alternate.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to NPR