Radulov returning?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby Fire0nice228 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:32 pm

I think its crap that this burns the last year of his entry level deal...... but in a way im glad cause it puts nashville in a huge bind with their salary cap.. Not that the Pens can really benefit in any way from it.. but.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,583
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: refs fault

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby brwi on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:I think its crap that this burns the last year of his entry level deal...... but in a way im glad cause it puts nashville in a huge bind with their salary cap.. Not that the Pens can really benefit in any way from it.. but.


He'll be RFA after this year, so it's not really a bind on the Preds unless they really want to keep him and not match offers, which won't be outrageous since he can go right back to the KHL if he wants to and has that kind of "history." I'm sure they look at it as rather him now when they are a contender to go deep than at another time when they may not be this primed.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,930
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:36 am

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby Rylan on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:41 pm

Nashville is stacked this year.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,824
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby tfrizz on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:56 pm

brwi wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:I think its crap that this burns the last year of his entry level deal...... but in a way im glad cause it puts nashville in a huge bind with their salary cap.. Not that the Pens can really benefit in any way from it.. but.


He'll be RFA after this year, so it's not really a bind on the Preds unless they really want to keep him and not match offers, which won't be outrageous since he can go right back to the KHL if he wants to and has that kind of "history." I'm sure they look at it as rather him now when they are a contender to go deep than at another time when they may not be this primed.


They're reporting that part of the condition of Radulov going to Nashville is that he return to the KHL for next season.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,853
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby Troy Loney on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:45 am

So Radulov is only coming for this season and then going back to the KHL?

Why?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,506
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby tfrizz on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:02 am

Troy Loney wrote:So Radulov is only coming for this season and then going back to the KHL?

Why?


  • His team was eliminated from the first round of KHL playoffs.
  • He still has a year left on his contract with Nashville.
  • Nashville looks like a legit contender for the Stanley Cup.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,853
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby npv708 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:40 am

tfrizz wrote:
brwi wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:I think its crap that this burns the last year of his entry level deal...... but in a way im glad cause it puts nashville in a huge bind with their salary cap.. Not that the Pens can really benefit in any way from it.. but.


He'll be RFA after this year, so it's not really a bind on the Preds unless they really want to keep him and not match offers, which won't be outrageous since he can go right back to the KHL if he wants to and has that kind of "history." I'm sure they look at it as rather him now when they are a contender to go deep than at another time when they may not be this primed.


They're reporting that part of the condition of Radulov going to Nashville is that he return to the KHL for next season.


No transfer agreement means he doesn't have to do anything his KHL contract says.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,226
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby Fire0nice228 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:29 am

Yeah, he doesnt HAVE to go back to KHL.. If he comes over here, wins the cup, and then goes right back over that'd be pretty freakin lame on his part.

As far as him being RFA, I believe a team will throw money at him and Nashville will have to make a decision. Radulov is about the money, and is a good player, I think someone will go after him. Hes the perfect guy to throw an offer sheet at. If he signs it, you know he wants to play in your city and likes the money, if he doesnt, no harm done in trying.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,583
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: refs fault

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby Troy Loney on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:38 am

Fire0nice228 wrote:Yeah, he doesnt HAVE to go back to KHL.. If he comes over here, wins the cup, and then goes right back over that'd be pretty freakin lame on his part.

As far as him being RFA, I believe a team will throw money at him and Nashville will have to make a decision. Radulov is about the money, and is a good player, I think someone will go after him. Hes the perfect guy to throw an offer sheet at. If he signs it, you know he wants to play in your city and likes the money, if he doesnt, no harm done in trying.


He'd be the worst player to throw an offer sheet too. There's no way he signs something that wouldn't cost a couple of draft picks...and why would you want to give up the picks to the Predators for a guy that will pack up his bags and go back to Russia on a whim.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,506
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby Fire0nice228 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:51 am

My premise is that if he signs it, that means he likes the city and the money, and thusly, won't leave. But yes, the go to Russia thing will always be a factor. But, any player can go to Russia for big money if they want to.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,583
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: refs fault

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby Streaks House on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:14 pm

I wonder if #RadulovWatch ever came to fruition in Nashville :pop:
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,488
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:16 pm
Location: Ted Carrick's Table

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby npv708 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:24 pm

I'm pumped to see what Viktor Krum can do in the playoffs.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,226
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:41 pm

npv708 wrote:I'm pumped to see what Viktor Krum can do in the playoffs.

:lol: lolwut.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,027
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby npv708 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
npv708 wrote:I'm pumped to see what Viktor Krum can do in the playoffs.

:lol: lolwut.


Radulov kind of looks like Viktor Krum (of Harry Potter Quidditch fame).

:face:
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,226
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:55 pm

npv708 wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
npv708 wrote:I'm pumped to see what Viktor Krum can do in the playoffs.

:lol: lolwut.


Radulov kind of looks like Viktor Krum (of Harry Potter Quidditch fame).

:face:

I know who he is, I just had no idea why TH you brought him up. :lol:
Last edited by Physical_Graffiti on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,027
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby canaan on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:11 pm

npv708 wrote:I'm pumped to see what Viktor Krum can do in the playoffs.

Lol he does
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,003
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby topshelf on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:11 pm

Is anyone else put off by this whole thing? The guy basically bails on the Predators a few years ago, and now the league is allowing him to waltz right back without repercussion.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the Predators for welcoming him back. I am sure if he was property of the Penguins I would be very happy to add him to the roster, but I am just a little shocked that the league didn't discipline him for his departure in the first place (mandatory suspension for the first few games, make him re-enter through waivers, fines, whatever). Maybe it's just me, but I believe it sets a very bad example.
topshelf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,381
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Florida

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby The Snapshot on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:08 pm

Image

Image
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,208
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby mikey287 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:36 am

topshelf wrote:Is anyone else put off by this whole thing? The guy basically bails on the Predators a few years ago, and now the league is allowing him to waltz right back without repercussion.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the Predators for welcoming him back. I am sure if he was property of the Penguins I would be very happy to add him to the roster, but I am just a little shocked that the league didn't discipline him for his departure in the first place (mandatory suspension for the first few games, make him re-enter through waivers, fines, whatever). Maybe it's just me, but I believe it sets a very bad example.


Cite another example where this situation is actively possible...

It's not really a normal thing. Suspension doesn't work because then you're telling a player that abandoned his team that he's not welcome back with open arms (when you do, in fact, want that player back as he has an active contract in this league), waivers doesn't make any sense at all...

The fact of the matter is, he's been Predator property the entire time, he's under contract and he wants to come back...who are you penalizing, for what, and how much...?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,471
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby topshelf on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:02 am

mikey287 wrote:It's not really a normal thing. Suspension doesn't work because then you're telling a player that abandoned his team that he's not welcome back with open arms (when you do, in fact, want that player back as he has an active contract in this league), waivers doesn't make any sense at all...

The fact of the matter is, he's been Predator property the entire time, he's under contract and he wants to come back...who are you penalizing, for what, and how much...?


I get what you're saying, and I agree that penalizing would be tricky, I just think there should be some sort of repercussion for basically bailing out on your team. I understand why the Preds would be standing there with open arms, but I feel as if the league should have set an example so that: a. He doesn't just decide to take off and ignore his contract again, or b. The next guy who doesn't like his team/contract doesn't follow suit.
topshelf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,381
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Florida

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby pfim on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:56 am

I don't think there's any mechanism the league has that they could possibly suspend him. They can't just suspend him because they want to, there has to be something in place that allows them to.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,680
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby Rylan on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:27 pm

There is no reason Radulov should be suspended. He was technically still on the Predators roster this whole time, just didn't play for them.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,824
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:27 pm

Rylan wrote:There is no reason Radulov should be suspended. He was technically still on the Predators roster this whole time, just didn't play for them.

:thumb:
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,027
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby Mongoose87 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:35 pm

What's the difference between what Radulov did and a player deciding they want to be a plumber for three years, then coming back? There is none. All of Radulov's NHL consequences will be in the form of the reduced money teams will be willing to spend on a guy with no loyalty.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,908
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: The breakfast table of TRIUMPH!

Re: Radulov returning?

Postby brwi on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:What's the difference between what Radulov did and a player deciding they want to be a plumber for three years, then coming back? There is none. All of Radulov's NHL consequences will be in the form of the reduced money teams will be willing to spend on a guy with no loyalty.


Very true.

For those making the argument that you can't have NHLers running away from contracts(which they really can't) to go play in the KHL or anywhere else.....why should a professional hockey player limit himself to one league if he can do better(in his mind) elsewhere? These guys aren't indentured servants, and there is a price to pay for going elsewhere and that's possibly lower earnings when you return than if you had never left.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,930
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:36 am

Previous

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

e-mail