Fantasy Hockey Results

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Fantasy Hockey Results

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:22 pm

npv708 wrote:What an awesome turn of events for me this week in fantasy...

First, I traded Krejci and the Monster for Kesler and Varly. Kesler and Varly both had decent weeks, but more importantly, the 2nd place team was playing the team I traded them to. Gustavsson and Krejci had unreal weeks and helped beat the 2nd place team badly, so the spot was open for me or Pavel. Pavel was 1 point ahead going into the week and I was playing the 2nd worst team in the league. Even though I won all the skater categories, she took 3 of the goalie categories, but didn't get to 3 total starts for the week, which means I won all 4 goalie categories by default. This gave me a 10-0 win, placing me barely ahead of Pavel and into a bye spot. So freaking awesome!!

Shakes fist.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby bhaw on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:30 pm

Kraftster wrote:Day of mixed emotions.

Knocked off the top team in my one league to win my 4th straight and get the help I needed to nab the 6th and final playoff spot. Really proud of my team's guts in this league.

Clinched the #1 seed in the LGP league. Yay.

The one that burns is, lost the tiebreaker for the #1 seed in my big money keeper league. Tiebreaker is total points (H2H points league), and I lost by the equivalent of one goal/assist, basically. Over the course of the entire season. Last week I goofed setting my roster one day and put a guy on the bench but somehow missed putting Lucic into my lineup. He scored the equivalent of three goals/assists. And with that I would have taken the top seed and won the $150 for President's Trophy. :(

I almost caught you for first. 2 points back after you amounted a fairly sizable lead a few weeks ago. It will be interesting to see how this goes :)

In my ESPN league, I have 3rd locked up for the most part. 2nd best record in the league, but 3rd due to divisions. A bunch of peeps in this thread are in that league too. Have to hope Perry is ok in a week.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitts on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:11 am

Pavel Bure wrote:
npv708 wrote:What an awesome turn of events for me this week in fantasy...

First, I traded Krejci and the Monster for Kesler and Varly. Kesler and Varly both had decent weeks, but more importantly, the 2nd place team was playing the team I traded them to. Gustavsson and Krejci had unreal weeks and helped beat the 2nd place team badly, so the spot was open for me or Pavel. Pavel was 1 point ahead going into the week and I was playing the 2nd worst team in the league. Even though I won all the skater categories, she took 3 of the goalie categories, but didn't get to 3 total starts for the week, which means I won all 4 goalie categories by default. This gave me a 10-0 win, placing me barely ahead of Pavel and into a bye spot. So freaking awesome!!

Shakes fist.

Lol... you are welcome! :)
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby npv708 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Hey Pavel, how's the "meet you in the next round thing" working out for you so far, eh?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:52 pm

npv708 wrote:Hey Pavel, how's the "meet you in the next round thing" working out for you so far, eh?

I'm not bitter about you getting the bye on a technicality or anything :evil:
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby npv708 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:09 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
npv708 wrote:Hey Pavel, how's the "meet you in the next round thing" working out for you so far, eh?

Looks like I'll have a pretty tough opponent next week.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:13 pm

npv708 wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:

Heh, had to get lucky to not play the champ. There's always next year. GL the rest of the way.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby npv708 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
npv708 wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:

Heh, had to get lucky to not play the champ. There's always next year. GL the rest of the way.

In the 4 matchups against you and Matt Cooke's Elbow, I'm 0-4. I'm surprised he pulled it off. My goaltending might sink me.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:34 pm

npv708 wrote:
In the 4 matchups against you and Matt Cooke's Elbow, I'm 0-4. I'm surprised he pulled it off. My goaltending might sink me.

It's what sunk me hard, couple horrid outings from Nabby and Luongo(never again you POS) :face: and I was way too far back in goalie stats to catch up even though my waiver adds to try and bring them up played pretty well. It also didn't help that no one on my team scored this week. Almost would have rather not made the playoffs than watch a good team crap the bed. Oh well.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:19 am

So, Radulov. Worth a free agent pick up for the last two weeks of Fantasy season?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PghSkins on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:37 am

One of those patented mixed emotions deals for me in bhaw's league. On one hand, going in there was no reason to think my team was going to be anything but garbage- but I pulled off a 5 seed, even with a schedule featuring many teams that were actually managed for most of the season.

On the other hand I got off to a 6-0 start and ended up 14-8, 1-3 down the stretch. So in that respect- disappointed with the 5 seed.

Anyway, on to the playoffs!
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:36 pm

Looking good to advance to the finals in one league, in tough to come back to do so in the other.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PghSkins on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:37 pm

GOD BLESS MY LAST MINUTE PICKUP BRADEN HOLTBY

(In fantasy only. Screw him in real life.)
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:10 am

Malkamaniac wrote:So, Radulov. Worth a free agent pick up for the last two weeks of Fantasy season?

I swapped him for Hall. He's getting good minutes and should pick up some points as well.

2nd year in a row in the Finals for me. My trio of MAF(3rd round), Rinne (2nd round) and Miller (FA lolzz) is pretty unstoppable right now.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Malkamaniac on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:46 am

meecrofilm wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:So, Radulov. Worth a free agent pick up for the last two weeks of Fantasy season?

I swapped him for Hall. He's getting good minutes and should pick up some points as well.

2nd year in a row in the Finals for me. My trio of MAF(3rd round), Rinne (2nd round) and Miller (FA lolzz) is pretty unstoppable right now.

Radulov has done decent with my team. I picked him up.

Now, here's the real kicker. Jeff Carter is stupid and hurt. Bryz is hurt and Brodeur isn't starting tonight. I'm really considering picking up Allen York since he's on a streak, relatively unknown, but it's a risk....worth it? Trying to win the Championship here.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:46 am

1st, 3rd, and 6th this year. 1st in the only league where there is no money. :-/
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Fire0nice228 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Hate getting knocked out in the semis when lead the league all season and won regular season by 50 points. I feel like the Capitals :( Silly MAF giving up 5 goals all 3 games this week sealed my fate. That and my opponent having Mike Smith
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to NPR