Official GDT - Pens vs Islanders - Mar 27, 7:00pm

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT - Pens vs Islanders - Mar 27, 7:00pm

Postby GDR on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:54 pm

Fleury not pulled because of an injury - HCDB
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bioshock on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:58 pm

duke66 wrote:
Rylan wrote:So much anger in here tonight.

typical. pens lose, world is ending and the bandwagon gets lighter. pens win, and all is right with the world, bandwagon gets heavy again. it was a stinky game to be sure, one of maf's worst, but it happens. this team still has what it takes, all u have to do in the playoffs is go 16-12.

Seriously, if we win the cup with that record, i think i might be in a mental facility while the parade is going on.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby duke66 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Bioshock wrote:
duke66 wrote:

typical. pens lose, world is ending and the bandwagon gets lighter. pens win, and all is right with the world, bandwagon gets heavy again. it was a stinky game to be sure, one of maf's worst, but it happens. this team still has what it takes, all u have to do in the playoffs is go 16-12.

Seriously, if we win the cup with that record, i think i might be in a mental facility while the parade is going on.

haha. me too. but still......
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rocco on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:11 pm

I think it's okay to be a little angry about tonight. Not "OMG this team sucks" angry, but angry in the sense they weren't focused against a bad team and dropped points that may be important.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Bioshock on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:12 pm

I am just worried that a team will be able to clutch and grab the pens to death in a 7 game series. 1996 keeps entering my mind.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:14 pm

duke66 wrote:

I don't see it as bandwagon if you have been watching the games recently. Even when we win our defense has been suspect. Too many chances and too many goals. Too soft around the net. We cant keep playing like this.

I don't see it as getting these games out of our system, I see a pattern although a fixable one. We need to tighten up in the playoffs first seed or fourth seed it won't matter.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby sil on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:24 pm

and the rags win. pens v flyers in round one in two weeks!
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby KG on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:43 pm

sil wrote:and the rags win. pens v flyers in round one in two weeks!

"She want's to sell my monkey"!

Let's roll...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby littlemoonboot on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:49 pm

Even a stinky team like the Islanders are gonna win once in a while. Of course it just had to be against the Pens. :face: :thumbdown:
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby duke66 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:51 pm

sil wrote:and the rags win. pens v flyers in round one in two weeks!

pens 3 points back, but still have a game in hand and one vs rags. #1 seed isn't out of reach, but the loss tonite does sting quite a bit in that regard.
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby farnham16 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Hopefully this loss wakes the team up. They really haven't been playing their best hockey in several games now. They are getting way too greedy and relying on MAF too much. Tonight MAF let them down. These games are gonna happen though. They just need to refocus themselves on defense and get back to their game. This loss stings a lot but still have a shot at #1. Just need to tighten things up.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JeanPronovost on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:26 pm

duke66 wrote: all u have to do in the playoffs is go 16-12.

The way the defense is playing, we may need to win games by that score.
JeanPronovost
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:35 pm

Just sit back and enjoy the ride people. Nothing we say or do is going to affect the team positively or negatively.

Chill.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Henry Hank on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:57 pm

farnham16 wrote:Hopefully this loss wakes the team up. They really haven't been playing their best hockey in several games now. They are getting way too greedy and relying on MAF too much. Tonight MAF let them down. These games are gonna happen though. They just need to refocus themselves on defense and get back to their game. This loss stings a lot but still have a shot at #1. Just need to tighten things up.

First seed is still a possibility but kind of a long shot now. The only reason it's not totally out of the question is because the Rangers haven't been particularly good lately either, they've been weak enough lately to still blow it. Their last four games are pretty tough, but then again so are the Pens'. To put it into perspective, the scenario would have to play out something like the Pens finishing 5-1 and the Rangers 3-3. It's not totally out of the question especially if you count on the Pens beating the Rangers but I'm not putting money on that. The margin for error is too small now. They could afford one ugly game and had it in Ottawa, tonight was not really a game they could afford to drop.

So Philly looks like that's it. I think it'll be tough but the Pens are a better team. The reason this is a bummer is not so much having to face Philly, which they might have had to do eventually anyway. It sucks because the path after that could very well be Boston and then New York, both starting on the road. Then again upsets happen all the time and usually what you count on having to face isn't what actually happens.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pens4Life on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:50 am

WTF!? What happened last night? I couldnt watch the game and I was shocked when I saw the result on net.. D blackout,MAF off night,we didnt score on many many chances - as it looks like.. We outshot Isles 54-25! Too bad Rags won..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:17 am

never was I so happy to read Fleury say he was pulled because he let five in... :D
they have time to adjust & store the kernel of knowledge that says; defense wins championships.

salute to the few, the proud that stayed for the entire game.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby hockeymon on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:48 am

hopefully not concussed
hockeymon
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby hockeymon on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:55 am

x :scared:
hockeymon
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:58 am

Pens4Life wrote:WTF!? What happened last night? I couldnt watch the game and I was shocked when I saw the result on net.. D blackout,MAF off night,we didnt score on many many chances - as it looks like.. We outshot Isles 54-25! Too bad Rags won..

Well, as always we fly up the ice and take a shot. If we miss tor its saved he other teams gets an odd man break or takes it in and cycles. The difference between this game and the last 20 was Fleury wasn't playing out of his mind. To hear players last night start saying that they need to fix this is encouraging. We cant be the only the people that notice what is going on out there.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins