Could Quebec City get back the Nordiques?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Could Quebec City get back the Nordiques?

Postby Rylan on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:13 am

Thanks JP. Dallas was always a top 10 team in terms of attendance until just recently.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:30 am

Malkamaniac wrote:Hockey teams should be prospected and relocated to other cities that haven't ever had a team before. Just because.

:lol: :thumb:
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Zach6668 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:06 am

JeanPronovost wrote:You're right -- in the 1990s you couldn't get in to see the Stars or the Avalanche. Now tickets are easy to come by for both.

Right. And I don't get why everyone seems to trash on towns like this during their lean years, especially on a Pens board.

Outside of what, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, New York, there are very few markets, if any, that are going to support a team that is losing, has poor ownership, or whatever. It's just not realistic.

Even Ottawa, a Canadian city hasn't even sold out every home game this season, and they've been in the playoff race all season.

Winning, Competing = Fan Support. Plus, it takes a long time to earn lifelong fans.

IMHO, it really is that simple.
Zach6668
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Zach6668 wrote:
JeanPronovost wrote:You're right -- in the 1990s you couldn't get in to see the Stars or the Avalanche. Now tickets are easy to come by for both.

Right. And I don't get why everyone seems to trash on towns like this during their lean years, especially on a Pens board.

Outside of what, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, New York, there are very few markets, if any, that are going to support a team that is losing, has poor ownership, or whatever. It's just not realistic.

Even Ottawa, a Canadian city hasn't even sold out every home game this season, and they've been in the playoff race all season.

Winning, Competing = Fan Support. Plus, it takes a long time to earn lifelong fans.

:shock:

You mean the Canadian city that was only given a franchise over Hamilton because the Leafs were butt-hurt?
Last edited by Physical_Graffiti on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby newarenanow on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:06 pm

Zach6668 wrote:

Amen bro.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Zach6668 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:09 am

Physical_Graffiti wrote: :shock:

You mean the Canadian city that was only given a franchise over Hamilton because the Leafs were butt-hurt?

I don't really know the circumstances that brought about the creation of the Sens, and I'm mildly aware of their previous ownership problems.

I'm not saying Hamilton, or a second GTA team wouldn't be a good thing, just point out that I don't agree on giving up on most southern markets just yet.
Zach6668
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby brwi on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:29 am

Zach6668 wrote:

Preach it brother! :thumb:
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to NPR