4/11/2012 Flyers v. Pens Game 1- Official Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 4/11/2012 Flyers v. Pens Game 1- Official Game Thread

Postby jwit on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:03 pm

The obstruction and holding will get worse as the series goes on. Our first line did not play through it, our d refeused to participate in it. If we don't, we lose in four. Mindset has to change. Breakout needs adjusted. THis could get ugly. Lets hope it doesn't
jwit
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby spiritfan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:03 pm

if only..............
spiritfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby sil on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:04 pm

I said it before, and I'll say it again...Pens in 6.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby canaan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:04 pm

ranci wrote:
KG wrote:I want to hear DB and the rest of the team comment about how come they totally stopped playing there game. They came out hitting the Flyer defense hard (Grossman etc.) Then they just stopped.

They were playing scared. This team has a little fear of the Flyers I hate to say it. But I believe it...

i will explain it to you again. our coach got scared and started playing not to lose and ordered a forward to stay back. it was even commented on by pierre who was right next to him hearing all his orders. pierre said on the broadcast that bylsma ordered a forward to be a 3rd man back, thus neutering our offense and our ability to keep the pressure on. this is not a mystery. either chose to accept reality or persist in delusion with a bunch of other people claiming its all the players fault.

Is bylsma your new fleury? I remember your trolling from way back when about no matter what fleury did, you trolled it up saying fleury shoul be traded for tictacs or whatever. Glad to see you back n trolling
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ranci on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:05 pm

sil wrote:I said it before, and I'll say it again...Pens in 6.

ok thanks miss cleo
ranci
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Location: Fleury didn't lose the game. He just made it almost impossible for the Penguins to win it.

Postby canaan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:05 pm

BUT BUT THAT MEANS THE PENS LOSE TWICE NO WAY! /sarc
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Ranci was your D key broke when making your user ID?
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby sil on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:06 pm

ranci wrote:

ok thanks miss cleo

You're welcome child (in Jamaican accent).
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby canaan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:06 pm

ranci wrote:

ok thanks miss cleo

Good one.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ranci on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:06 pm

canaan wrote:
ranci wrote:
KG wrote:I want to hear DB and the rest of the team comment about how come they totally stopped playing there game. They came out hitting the Flyer defense hard (Grossman etc.) Then they just stopped.

They were playing scared. This team has a little fear of the Flyers I hate to say it. But I believe it...

i call a spade a spade. i dont care who it is. bylsma is most at fault here. the spade is a spade.
i will explain it to you again. our coach got scared and started playing not to lose and ordered a forward to stay back. it was even commented on by pierre who was right next to him hearing all his orders. pierre said on the broadcast that bylsma ordered a forward to be a 3rd man back, thus neutering our offense and our ability to keep the pressure on. this is not a mystery. either chose to accept reality or persist in delusion with a bunch of other people claiming its all the players fault.

Is bylsma your new fleury? I remember your trolling from way back when about no matter what fleury did, you trolled it up saying fleury shoul be traded for tictacs or whatever. Glad to see you back n trolling
ranci
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Location: Fleury didn't lose the game. He just made it almost impossible for the Penguins to win it.

Postby Pitts on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Henry Hank wrote:
canaan wrote:
iWonTheCup87 wrote:just dont get how people can say its just one game thought. They way the lost that game is awful and its a continuing trend for them to come out hard in the first and then sit back. If you arent worried after that choke job i dont know what to tell you. Game 2 is a must win game and if you think we can come back from 2-0 i dunno what to tell you

This same Speil was spewed after the caps went up 2-0--that worked out well for Washington then

Falling behind Washington was completely different. The Pens owned the two games they lost to Washington but couldn't solve Varlamov. It was obvious who the better team was in those games. If anyone came away from tonight feeling like the Pens were the better team, they must have stopped watching after the first. The Flyers owned the Pens this season and they owned them tonight in the same fashion. That's why this is concerning. It's not really fluke or bad bounces that made the difference, it's one team simply having the blue print to beat another team.

:thumb: Like I said...looked exactly like every loss to this team in the regular season. Take a fast, early lead, eventually lose the game. They need to figure this out. The Flyers were the WORST match-up the Pens could have pulled.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:07 pm

mac5155 wrote:Ranci was your D key broke when making your user ID?

Naw, just his brain is missing when he clicks "submit"
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ranci on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:08 pm

canaan wrote:
ranci wrote:

ok thanks miss cleo

Good one.

good response
ranci
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby sil on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:08 pm

Flyers @ the CEC is what the pens need to figure out. It's their building right now.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mac5155 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:08 pm

canaan wrote:

I'm just happy I can make jokes that sophisticated when I'm this drunk
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:09 pm

I'd like to see less of Malkin and Giroux on the ice at the same time.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby joe on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:09 pm

Horrible loss. When will the pens realize the flyers won't quit. They keep coming. The pens have to want it more the whole game not the first period. I still believe this team will rise. Geno line has to dominate rest of the way. Powerplay has to click for the pens. Ughhhhhh! Keep the faith all.
joe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:09 pm

Henry Hank wrote:
canaan wrote:
iWonTheCup87 wrote:just dont get how people can say its just one game thought. They way the lost that game is awful and its a continuing trend for them to come out hard in the first and then sit back. If you arent worried after that choke job i dont know what to tell you. Game 2 is a must win game and if you think we can come back from 2-0 i dunno what to tell you

This same Speil was spewed after the caps went up 2-0--that worked out well for Washington then

Falling behind Washington was completely different. The Pens owned the two games they lost to Washington but couldn't solve Varlamov. It was obvious who the better team was in those games. If anyone came away from tonight feeling like the Pens were the better team, they must have stopped watching after the first. The Flyers owned the Pens this season and they owned them tonight in the same fashion. That's why this is concerning. It's not really fluke or bad bounces that made the difference, it's one team simply having the blue print to beat another team.

the vibe after we went down to washington was, "i can't believe this BS team is going to get lucky enough to win this series". that's not the case here. we deserved this loss, and that is more disturbing. i don't know if this could have played out worse. honestly, getting beat 6-0 because we were flat would be preferable to what just happened. i'm not declaring the series to be over, but this was a uniquely bad loss.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:09 pm

Pitts wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:
canaan wrote:

:thumb: Like I said...looked exactly like every loss to this team in the regular season. Take a fast, early lead, eventually lose the game. They need to figure this out. The Flyers were the WORST match-up the Pens could have pulled.

Meh. Without A poor swing in momentum and everyone is hunky dory with the way the team is played. It's not symptomatic of anything--it's a game that they let slip away
Last edited by canaan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ranci on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:09 pm

canaan wrote:

ah yes the last vestige of those who are wrong, personal attacks
ranci
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby lemieuxReturns on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:09 pm

canaan wrote:
ranci wrote:

There really should be no objection to criticizing any player or coach tonight. In the playoffs you should never ever lose a game after leading by three goals at home.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby spiritfan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Dejan says Pens bailed after game... ahhhh making the media work for a story?
spiritfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby duke66 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:10 pm

i think it's worth noting. as much as philly has this penchant for coming back (not only vs the pens) from early deficits, this is not a recipe for success. there have been critics on here saying the pens can't outscore their way to a championship, but what makes you think philly can continue to be run out of the building early and keep coming back? as this series moves on, that is going to be a problem for them. pens just need to keep the foot on the gas.
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby sil on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:10 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
canaan wrote:
ranci wrote:

There really should be no objection to criticizing any player or coach tonight. In the playoffs you should never ever lose a game after leading by three goals at home.

Yep...need to exorcise the demons with the flyers at the CEC!
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mac5155 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:11 pm

ranci wrote:
canaan wrote:

ah yes the last vestige of those who are wrong, personal attacks

G night folks!
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins