PENGUINS v. flyers GAME 6 (GDT)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: PENGUINS v. flyers GAME 6 (GDT)

Postby Abe Frohman on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:22 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:5) A seemingly high return of high profile players/prospects for Crosby that, in fact, turns out to blow up in our face.

If THAT worries you, look for a different GM.

We are not unloading him due to talent...he would be traded due to health concerns AND what his long-term contract demands dictate.
Abe Frohman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Hawkeynut on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:36 pm

You guys make me laugh.

Trading Crosby after a 1st round exit that only saw him play a handful of games before the series is stupid. You will NEVER win the trade by trading this kid. He is a jersey selling, marketable superstar who had a rough 1.5 years.

Anyone who doubts Sidney Crosby is a farce of a hockey fan let alone a Pens fan, you should be ashamed. If you are not ashamed now, you will be by this time next year.

Sid is a generational talent.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Abe Frohman on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Hawkeynut wrote:You guys make me laugh.

Trading Crosby after a 1st round exit that only saw him play a handful of games before the series is stupid. You will NEVER win the trade by trading this kid. He is a jersey selling, marketable superstar who had a rough 1.5 years.

Anyone who doubts Sidney Crosby is a farce of a hockey fan let alone a Pens fan, you should be ashamed. If you are not ashamed now, you will be by this time next year.

Sid is a generational talent.

I cannot speak for the others, but MY concern / suggestion to trade Crosby has precisely ZERO to do with this series. Instead, it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that he did have ' a rough 1.5 years,' and is one good hit away from retirement.

I have been saying this for awhile. No one man is greater than the ongoing success of the organization. He had ZERO to do with their seeding in this year's playoffs, and the Pens have proven (especially Malkin) that they can win without him. I am NOT going to follow that with the knee-jerk assertion that they played worse when he came back (coincidence, in my opinion), but the fact remains that he did NOTHING to get them into this series this year. And...he is a constant health concern.

Again, this has nothing to do with the rotten exit from this series. It has everything to do with unloading a talent before he cannot be dealt...and you cannot replace him (even marginally)...
Abe Frohman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby NeddieVedder on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:45 pm

Abe Frohman wrote:Let me also say that eventually, you SHALL see someone moved due to cap issues. It will be either Crosby or Malkin, as their talent and cost (and probable egos) will make the coexistence an issue. I, personally, would resign Malkin (in fear of Crosby's health issues), and deal Crosby.

I simply ask: WITH his health issues and superstar status, do you REALLY think Crosby will remain signable? With all concerns addressed (health and HIS demands for cash)? Sid's going to ask for cash in the $10 Million range AND long-term (why wouldn't he considering his health issues). Do YOU pay that out?

I don't...

You tediously said this over and over again 3 years ago last time the team was at its lowest point. Then you went away for 3 years. Looking forward to that. Then looking forward to your return in 2015 with the same players still here. I think you are a robot.
NeddieVedder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Godric on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:47 pm

I didn't hold up too well during the game..... I didn't sleep at all and the game started at 9am out here :face: Oh well...
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Abe Frohman on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:50 pm

NeddieVedder wrote:
Abe Frohman wrote:Let me also say that eventually, you SHALL see someone moved due to cap issues. It will be either Crosby or Malkin, as their talent and cost (and probable egos) will make the coexistence an issue. I, personally, would resign Malkin (in fear of Crosby's health issues), and deal Crosby.

I simply ask: WITH his health issues and superstar status, do you REALLY think Crosby will remain signable? With all concerns addressed (health and HIS demands for cash)? Sid's going to ask for cash in the $10 Million range AND long-term (why wouldn't he considering his health issues). Do YOU pay that out?

I don't...

You tediously said this over and over again 3 years ago last time the team was at its lowest point. Then you went away for 3 years. Looking forward to that. Then looking forward to your return in 2015 with the same players still here. I think you are a robot.

Ummmmmmmmm...I was arguing that Crosby had a concussion-issue in 2009? Prior to his first concussion?

Check the old posts. Either I am Nostradomus...or you are mistaken.

And as far as keeping Crosby AND Malkin...hmmmmm...the upcoming cap issues will be the 1st time that the Pens will have to make these hard decisions (with Crosby, Staal and Malkin). We'll BOTH see how this plays out, won't we?
Abe Frohman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby comatose on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:56 pm

Holy **** ****. Trade Crosby? What the **** is wrong with you people.

Time to step away from the keyboard and occupy yourself with something else.

90% of the teams in the NHL have never had a player like Crosby ever. We've had 4 in 25 years. I guess we take them for granted... making us look like the spoiled fans everyone else thinks we are.
comatose
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Abe Frohman on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:00 pm

comatose wrote:Holy **** ****. Trade Crosby? What the **** is wrong with you people.

90% of the teams in the NHL have never had a player like Crosby ever. We've had 4 in 25 years. I guess we take them for granted... making us look like the spoiled fans everyone else thinks we are.

This is not a question of talent. It is a question of:

1) WHOM do you allow to walk as a FA? Crosby, Malkin, or Staal (no way all 3 can remain here forever in the cap era), or do you continue the 3-center attack with a porous defense and marginal (aside from Neal) wings?

2) What does the organization do IF Crosby takes that one good hit that ends his career? It is a very good possibility, and are YOU willing to keep him here, cross your fingers, stomach early playoff exits, and pay him a load of money?

I am NOT suggesting that the Pens will entertain this thought, but I would (at a minimum) see what Crosby would get the Pens in a trade.
Abe Frohman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby NeddieVedder on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:05 pm

Good Ol' Abe, Jan 15 2009 wrote:I ask you - what HAS spending the money on Crosby and Malkin garnered this organzation? A loss in the Stanley Cup Finals certainly indicates an achievement...but how LONG ill this cap-hit be sustainable? When spending this much of the cap on 2 players...at the SAME position...you will necessarily be shorting other positions - case in point, WINGERS.

Rinse repeat. If only we'd gotten rid of one of them back then. You are entitled to your opinion and yours random capitalizations. Good day.
NeddieVedder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby slappybrown on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:07 pm

NeddieVedder wrote:
Good Ol' Abe, Jan 15 2009 wrote:I ask you - what HAS spending the money on Crosby and Malkin garnered this organzation? A loss in the Stanley Cup Finals certainly indicates an achievement...but how LONG ill this cap-hit be sustainable? When spending this much of the cap on 2 players...at the SAME position...you will necessarily be shorting other positions - case in point, WINGERS.

Rinse repeat. If only we'd gotten rid of one of them back then. You are entitled to your opinion and yours random capitalizations. Good day.

oh man run ignorerobot.exe was a great joke Mr. Vedder
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Abe Frohman on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:30 pm

NeddieVedder wrote:

NO...

I ask again...HOW could I have predicted Crosby's concussions (which I am arguing are a liability to the organization in my current rants)?

The argument has changed...try to keep up.

That being said, I still predict that one or the other will NOT be able to be signed...or...we will continue to see the likes of Dupuis and (name some other 3rd-liner elevated to Crosby's line to fill the wing position) ________ on either side of Crosby.

How's that been working lately? Any other positions looking a little talent-bare lately?

Guess we'll all have to see.
Abe Frohman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby lemieuxReturns on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:31 pm

comatose wrote:Holy **** ****. Trade Crosby? What the **** is wrong with you people.

I am afraid Abe is attempting to create some sort of grass-roots-faux-pens-fan-crosby-hate-club after the loss tonight. From this point forward it is probably better if anyone who is even remotely sane refrains from conversing with him from this point forward. He has become the definition of a ****.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby slappybrown on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:33 pm

lololololol
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Three Stars on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:34 pm

Time to walk away, everybody.
Three Stars
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby saveourpens on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:36 pm

At least I could count on a good laugh with a visit to the boards.
saveourpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Abe Frohman on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:46 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:

I am afraid Abe is attempting to create some sort of grass-roots-faux-pens-fan-crosby-hate-club after the loss tonight. From this point forward it is probably better if anyone who is even remotely sane refrains from conversing with him from this point forward. He has become the definition of a ****.

Not at all...I recognize Crosby's talent and respect his playing. I am merely pointing out a few uncomfortable facts:

1) He is one hit away from retirement.

2) Keeping Crosby and signing him to a large contract is a gamble that will likely cost you other talented players AND could decimate this organization IF he gets injured again.

This has nothing to do with this loss, or any of the playoffs. It is merely a statement of FACT. Or do you care to dispute that Crosby is a gamble...

I understand that many care not to confront this, but someday is MAY hurt the franchise in ways that could have been avoided IF the thought of trading him wasn't treasonous...
Abe Frohman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Rocco on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:48 pm

They should trade all their stars for 3rd line players. Then BDFLDB can have a team of grinders just like he wants who will listen and aren't talented enough to deviate from his system.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:54 pm

Rocco wrote:They should trade all their stars for 3rd line players. Then BDFLDB can have a team of grinders just like he wants who will listen and aren't talented enough to deviate from his system.

Like most anything I ask you, I assume your answer to this question will be yet another entry in the ongoing series "Rocco's Persecution Complex", but what does BDFLD(an)B(ylsma) stand for? Best Damn Fourth Liner?
Last edited by slappybrown on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Factorial on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:54 pm

Just finished watching the game. Booooooooo!

Good thing there is always next year.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Staggy on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:58 pm

slappybrown wrote:
Rocco wrote:They should trade all their stars for 3rd line players. Then BDFLDB can have a team of grinders just like he wants who will listen and aren't talented enough to deviate from his system.

Like most anything I ask you, I assume your answer to this question will be yet another entry in the ongoing series "Rocco's Persecution Complex", but what does BDFLD(an)B(ylsma) stand for? Best Damn Fourth Liner?

Benevolent Dictator for Life...
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby slappybrown on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:06 pm

Staggy wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

Ah, actually pretty clever, whoever came up with it because I'm sure it wasn't Rocco.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Staggy on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:11 pm

slappybrown wrote:
Staggy wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

Ah, actually pretty clever, whoever came up with it because I'm sure it wasn't Rocco.

Haha I don't know, he's the only one I've ever seen use it
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Godric on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:11 pm

slappybrown wrote:Ah, actually pretty clever, whoever came up with it because I'm sure it wasn't Rocco.

Spoiler:
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Rocco on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:18 pm

slappybrown wrote:

Benevolent Dictator For Life Dan Bylsma, since people believe firing him would be bad since they won a Cup with him and nothing bad that happens falls on him.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:19 pm

lololololololol that ape(?) needs to get to a vet asap
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins