Blues-Kings and Preds-PHX

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Blues-Kings and Preds-PHX

Postby brwi on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:31 pm

Here are the goals scored during the reg season for these 4 teams:

Who would have thought before the season that it would be Nashville with the 237 goals? Or the Kings with 194?

Preds-PHX should be a very tight and compelling matchup of two great skating teams. Kings-Blues could also be very tight to the point of suffocation and has the potential to put Lemaire to sleep even if the Kings can't force them to loosen up a little and create some space.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Blues-Kings and Preds-PHX

Postby pittsports87 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:55 am

Go Blues and Coyotes!

But where did you get your goal totals? Looking at NHL.com, the Blues had 206, Nashville had 232, Phoenix had 210, and Minnesota had 188 and was 2nd to last in the league :shock: . 3 of the 4 teams left in the west were bottom 10 in the NHL in goals scored, but 3 of the 4 were in the top 5 in least goals against (and Nashville was 9th). Defense definitely is winning it out west this year.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby brwi on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:36 am

pittsports87 wrote:Go Blues and Coyotes!

But where did you get your goal totals? Looking at NHL.com, the Blues had 206, Nashville had 232, Phoenix had 210, and Minnesota had 188 and was 2nd to last in the league :shock: . 3 of the 4 teams left in the west were bottom 10 in the NHL in goals scored, but 3 of the 4 were in the top 5 in least goals against (and Nashville was 9th). Defense definitely is winning it out west this year.

The goal totals I posted are what ESPN lists. http://espn.go.com/nhl/standings/_/group/2
Interesting that ESPN's totals and NHL.com are different.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:52 am

I'm rooting for the Blues and Preds. But I also wouldn't care if the other two moved forward. I'm rooting for whoever comes out of the west to win the cup this year now that the Pens are gone.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meow on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:21 am

I honestly don't care who comes out of the west. I'll be happy for any of the four teams. It's nice not to have Det, Van, SJ, and Chi for a change.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitts on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:31 am

Just proves all you gotta do is get in, then buckle down in the playoffs. "Goals scored" doesn't matter in the defensive game of the playoffs. And, that's pretty much why the Pens are out of it now.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:34 pm

brwi wrote:

The goal totals I posted are what ESPN lists. http://espn.go.com/nhl/standings/_/group/2

I remember encountering this before. I think I concluded that one of them excluded engs.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Orlando Penguin on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:45 pm

Kraftster wrote:
brwi wrote:

I remember encountering this before. I think I concluded that one of them excluded engs.

My unscientific guess (because I'm too lazy to look at it) is actual goals scored and one deletes the 'extra goal' given for a shootout win.
Orlando Penguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kraftster on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Orlando Penguin wrote:
Kraftster wrote:
brwi wrote:

My unscientific guess (because I'm too lazy to look at it) is actual goals scored and one deletes the 'extra goal' given for a shootout win.

You are correct.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to NPR