Keith Jones rips Radulov

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Keith Jones rips Radulov

Postby suzinpgh on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:43 am

I have often equated Keith Jones' analysis with that of Milbury's, but this one is warranted. Lazy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 10126.html
suzinpgh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Keith Jones rips Radulov

Postby llipgh2 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:56 am

Actually I think Jonesy is pretty good in his analysis. Definitely better than Milbury (and light years ahead of JR).
llipgh2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:12 pm

Yeah, that was a fantastic montage of video clips of Radulov this series. Absolutely shameful.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:16 pm

This is what happens when you roll the red carpet out for a player who has shown the willingness to walk out on the team.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Puffymuffin on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Roenick was great in this clip. :roll:
Puffymuffin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Wed May 02, 2012 9:20 am

llipgh2 wrote:Actually I think Jonesy is pretty good in his analysis. Definitely better than Milbury (and light years ahead of JR).

keith jones isnt a WWE/shock jock wanna be like the rest of the jabronis that do analysis on the NBC family of networks. he actually, you know, analyzes stuff without name calling and/or childishness.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed May 02, 2012 12:35 pm

Jones is often on WIP radio morning show here in Philly. He is a major Flyers homer during the show. For that reason, I don't like him. He is a good analyst when he works for NBC though.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Wed May 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Jones is often on WIP radio morning show here in Philly. He is a major Flyers homer during the show. For that reason, I don't like him. He is a good analyst when he works for NBC though.

Al Morganti isn't enough of a homer, so they need Jonesy to up it. :pop:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby jimjom on Wed May 02, 2012 11:53 pm

So were these guys at a gentlemans club or just at a bar? Either way Trotz has some stones to sit them.

Jones is a caveman.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shoeshine boy on Fri May 04, 2012 8:45 am

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Jones is often on WIP radio morning show here in Philly. He is a major Flyers homer during the show. For that reason, I don't like him. He is a good analyst when he works for NBC though.

he's a good analyst as long as the Cryers aren't involved. when they are he's the biggest homer on the set and doesn't even try to hide it.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Fri May 04, 2012 11:09 am

Troy Loney wrote:This is what happens when you roll the red carpet out for a player who has shown the willingness to walk out on the team.

This.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby brwi on Fri May 04, 2012 1:40 pm

What red carpet? Poile has made it very clear that if Trotz wants to sit him, that's Trotz's choice period and the GM/ownership is fine with it.

Nashville took him back because he was under contract to them and they thought he might be of help. It's not like they haven't tried every single year except one(when they missed the playoffs) out of the last 4 to get him back on the roster.

Radulov was playing pretty well in Round 1 vs. the Wings through Game 1 of this playoff series then dropped off the map in Game 2 and looked like a frustrated and lazy player that game. The fact that he also was apparently partying it up at 4am got him suspended. Keith Jones making a highlight reel of selective moments is really LOL for Keith Jones the Dumbazz Analyst, but the fact is that Radulov was holding his end up offensively and in backchecking up until then, for the most part.

Funny, when Jones ripped into Sid thoroughly and did the same kind of "lowlight reel" for Crosby, I didn't see a lot of praise for his "keen analysis" whatsoever.He's a color commentator that is paid to be controversial, and at times, act like he's a blowhard, something that Jones does well.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Troy Loney on Fri May 04, 2012 1:49 pm

brwi wrote:What red carpet? Poile has made it very clear that if Trotz wants to sit him, that's Trotz's choice period and the GM/ownership is fine with it.

Nashville took him back because he was under contract to them and they thought he might be of help. It's not like they haven't tried every single year except one(when they missed the playoffs) out of the last 4 to get him back on the roster.

Radulov was playing pretty well in Round 1 vs. the Wings through Game 1 of this playoff series then dropped off the map in Game 2 and looked like a frustrated and lazy player that game. The fact that he also was apparently partying it up at 4am got him suspended. Keith Jones making a highlight reel of selective moments is really LOL for Keith Jones the Dumbazz Analyst, but the fact is that Radulov was holding his end up offensively and in backchecking up until then, for the most part.

Funny, when Jones ripped into Sid thoroughly and did the same kind of "lowlight reel" for Crosby, I didn't see a lot of praise for his "keen analysis" whatsoever.He's a color commentator that is paid to be controversial, and at times, act like he's a blowhard, something that Jones does well.

Obviously Radulov has character issues, this is what happens when you bring a guy with character issues on your team....rolling out the red carpet is an exageration, but they definitely welcomed the guy back.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Fri May 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Not commenting on his play, only his refusal to play for the Preds as long as their payoff fate was somewhat uncertain.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby brwi on Fri May 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Troy Loney wrote:
Obviously Radulov has character issues, this is what happens when you bring a guy with character issues on your team....rolling out the red carpet is an exageration, but they definitely welcomed the guy back.

I think Nashville has handled it as well as possible for themselves. Radulov is an asset they were getting nothing for while he was in the KHL and now they can at least clear the books of him after this season and have got something with him in uni now than the usual nothing. Plus, no more of the annual "will he or won't he" speculation again.

With Weber being RFA again and Suter UFA, don't see them re-signing Radulov. Still, why not try and bring him in to help for a SC run when you have the most established and job-secure HC in hockey who will not tolerate anything besides what he wants? As Trotz said after announcing that AK and Radulov were suspended, Nashville was a pretty damn good team without them all year before and can be fine without them too.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Fri May 04, 2012 7:48 pm

The problem is, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that Radulov joined the Preds on his own terms, basically when he felt like it and it looked like the team was good enough to go far in the playoffs. I would not want him as a teammate.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby brwi on Sat May 05, 2012 8:21 am

Gaucho wrote:The problem is, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that Radulov joined the Preds on his own terms, basically when he felt like it and it looked like the team was good enough to go far in the playoffs. I would not want him as a teammate.

It's really hard to say if Radulov joined now because he wanted to or was now allowed to by his KHL team that holds his contract. That's something that the facts are scarce on because obviously he was able to get out of it some how this year as he still had another month on his KHL deal because their contracts run past the end of their season, but how and why now are really vague. Nashville is adamant that they didn't pay anything to his KHL club to get him out of the deal and who the hell knows?

GM Poile went to Trotz, Weber and Suter about this and reportedly all were very much in favor of adding Radulov back to the team. Weber and Suter had been keeping in touch with Radulov since he left and the guy who really didn't like him(or several other players) was Arnott, who is long gone.

It looks like this move may have backfired on the surface with Radulov becoming a distraction, but the Yotes are playing some really damn good hockey right now and I think that's more of a problem for the Predators than Radulov.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Sat May 05, 2012 8:27 am

Fair enough. Granted, nobody (including me) complained about Radulov being there when the Preds easily disposed of the Wings in Round 1. :wink:
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby brwi on Sat May 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Gaucho wrote:Fair enough. Granted, nobody (including me) complained about Radulov being there when the Preds easily disposed of the Wings in Round 1. :wink:

:thumb: Always nice to have an adult discussion about hockey with another adult on the Internet instead of a bunch of crap :D
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Tomas on Mon May 07, 2012 1:04 pm

brwi wrote:
Gaucho wrote:The problem is, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that Radulov joined the Preds on his own terms, basically when he felt like it and it looked like the team was good enough to go far in the playoffs. I would not want him as a teammate.

It's really hard to say if Radulov joined now because he wanted to or was now allowed to by his KHL team that holds his contract. That's something that the facts are scarce on because obviously he was able to get out of it some how this year as he still had another month on his KHL deal because their contracts run past the end of their season, but how and why now are really vague. Nashville is adamant that they didn't pay anything to his KHL club to get him out of the deal and who the hell knows?

GM Poile went to Trotz, Weber and Suter about this and reportedly all were very much in favor of adding Radulov back to the team. Weber and Suter had been keeping in touch with Radulov since he left and the guy who really didn't like him(or several other players) was Arnott, who is long gone.

It looks like this move may have backfired on the surface with Radulov becoming a distraction, but the Yotes are playing some really damn good hockey right now and I think that's more of a problem for the Predators than Radulov.

Radulov joined Nashville only *after* his KHL team (Ufa) got eliminated from the playoffs in the 1st round (somewhat surprisingly). Had Ufa advanced as they were supposed to, Radulov would have continued in the KHL.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby brwi on Mon May 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Tomas wrote:Radulov joined Nashville only *after* his KHL team (Ufa) got eliminated from the playoffs in the 1st round (somewhat surprisingly). Had Ufa advanced as they were supposed to, Radulov would have continued in the KHL.

Sure, of course. There is no way Ufa would have released Radulov from his contract if they were still alive in the playoffs. Why they decided to release him from the contract when it doesn't expire for the season until the end of May is still unknown also.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Mon May 07, 2012 4:38 pm

Pure sports terrorism.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Streaks House on Wed May 09, 2012 12:44 am

When will it be over for Nashville and Radulov?
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to NPR