Jack Adams FINALISTS

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:44 am

I think MacLean should win it, but that's just me. Esp for a first time ever head coach in the NHL

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=394652
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby Mr. Colby on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:46 am

Dave Tippett... look what he's done with that team
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,644
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: Born and Raised in Kent Manderville

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:50 am

Hitch gets this, no question, and he deserves it.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,619
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby llipgh2 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:54 am

Tippett should have gotten the nod over Torts.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,624
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:19 pm

Out of the 3, Hitchcock. Any of the other 2 would be a joke.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,096
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:21 pm

If LGP's thoughts on the Rags were reality, Torts would be the runaway winner.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,685
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:35 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Out of the 3, Hitchcock. Any of the other 2 would be a joke.

Yea, MacLean taking a team that was predicted to be 15th in the conf, in his first head coaching gig, winning it would be a joke? :roll:
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby tfrizz on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:07 pm

SolidSnake wrote:I think MacLean should win it, but that's just me. Esp for a first time ever head coach in the NHL

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=394652


What the Sens did under a rookie head coach was great - and to push the #1 seed to game 7 is just icing on the cake.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,184
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:32 pm

SolidSnake wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Out of the 3, Hitchcock. Any of the other 2 would be a joke.

Yea, MacLean taking a team that was predicted to be 15th in the conf, in his first head coaching gig, winning it would be a joke? :roll:


Key word is predicted.

Hitchcock made his debut behind the St. Louis bench Nov. 8 with the club at 6-7-0 and posted a 43-15-11 record the rest of the way


I'd like to call that "results"
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,096
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:45 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Out of the 3, Hitchcock. Any of the other 2 would be a joke.

Yea, MacLean taking a team that was predicted to be 15th in the conf, in his first head coaching gig, winning it would be a joke? :roll:


Key word is predicted.

Hitchcock made his debut behind the St. Louis bench Nov. 8 with the club at 6-7-0 and posted a 43-15-11 record the rest of the way


I'd like to call that "results"

The Blues were 6-7 when Hitchcock, arrived, they weren't that bad of shape. MacLean Did MORE with LESS.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby Staggy on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:04 pm

MacLean did an amazing job with the Senators. But I think that Hitchcock did an even more amazing job with the Blues.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,915
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:14 pm

SolidSnake wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Out of the 3, Hitchcock. Any of the other 2 would be a joke.

Yea, MacLean taking a team that was predicted to be 15th in the conf, in his first head coaching gig, winning it would be a joke? :roll:


Key word is predicted.

Hitchcock made his debut behind the St. Louis bench Nov. 8 with the club at 6-7-0 and posted a 43-15-11 record the rest of the way


I'd like to call that "results"

The Blues were 6-7 when Hitchcock, arrived, they weren't that bad of shape. MacLean Did MORE with LESS.


43-15-11. Just think about that.

I disagree with MacLean having less. That team was in the playoffs two years ago.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,096
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:40 pm

I see that, but it's not always about numbers. St Louis was in there recently as 2009, only 1 year difference. We're gonna have to agree to disagree.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:22 pm

Think about it, after Hitch took over the Blue only lost 8 games in regulation the entire rest of the season. That's it. That's just a baffling turn around for a team that was floundering at .500 and considered to not have a solid goalie.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,619
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:59 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:Think about it, after Hitch took over the Blue only lost 8 games in regulation the entire rest of the season. That's it. That's just a baffling turn around for a team that was floundering at .500 and considered to not have a solid goalie.

They have Halak lol
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:09 pm

SolidSnake wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Think about it, after Hitch took over the Blue only lost 8 games in regulation the entire rest of the season. That's it. That's just a baffling turn around for a team that was floundering at .500 and considered to not have a solid goalie.

They have Halak lol

Exactly haha.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,619
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Think about it, after Hitch took over the Blue only lost 8 games in regulation the entire rest of the season. That's it. That's just a baffling turn around for a team that was floundering at .500 and considered to not have a solid goalie.

They have Halak lol

Exactly haha.

uh no, they got Halak. He's perfect for Hitchcock style hockey. I will say the same thing, we will agree to disagree.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:31 pm

SolidSnake wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Think about it, after Hitch took over the Blue only lost 8 games in regulation the entire rest of the season. That's it. That's just a baffling turn around for a team that was floundering at .500 and considered to not have a solid goalie.

They have Halak lol

Exactly haha.

uh no, they got Halak. He's perfect for Hitchcock style hockey. I will say the same thing, we will agree to disagree.

I meant before Hitch took over people were crapping all over St. Louis's goalie situation.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,619
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Jack Adams FINALISTS

Postby JoseCuervo on Tue May 01, 2012 11:19 am

Pretty sure the finalists are Hitchcock, Hitchcock, and Hitchcock. No point to even have finalists this year. He wins it hands down.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,809
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Dallas


Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


e-mail