Giroux Discipline Hearing

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Giroux Discipline Hearing

Postby duke66 on Mon May 07, 2012 9:23 pm

i love how claudia says he was just finishing his check? wut? guy is a french hick dirtbag. and he won't play again until october.
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,408
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: The Promised Land - @dukewall66

Re: Giroux Discipline Hearing

Postby Chefpatrick871 on Mon May 07, 2012 10:08 pm

viva la ben wrote:Someone do a scumbag giroux meme

Quoted because its a good idea.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,144
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:56 pm
Location: Eating muffins with Derpy

Re: Giroux Discipline Hearing

Postby penscup on Mon May 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Very surprised he received a game for this.
Lots of people letting their Flyer hate cloud their judgement I think.

Weber takes a guy's head in his hand and drives it hard into the boards - no suspension.
Ovechkin, a repeat offender, leaves his feet and flies into a guy's head once again - no suspension.
Giroux, with no prior offenses, catches a guy's head with a shoulder check (No elbow involved) that was well within the time limits after the puck being released, gets 1 game in the playoffs.

I would be confused as hell playing in this league as to what is and what is not allowed.

Great job Shanahan! :roll:

I could see this deserving of 1 game maybe during the regular season, but no way in hell should he have gotten one game in the playoffs. Sorry, but it just was not that dirty.
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,661
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:50 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Giroux Discipline Hearing

Postby duke66 on Mon May 07, 2012 10:34 pm

penscup wrote:Very surprised he received a game for this.
Lots of people letting their Flyer hate cloud their judgement I think.

Weber takes a guy's head in his hand and drives it hard into the boards - no suspension.
Ovechkin, a repeat offender, leaves his feet and flies into a guy's head once again - no suspension.
Giroux, with no prior offenses, catches a guy's head with a shoulder check (No elbow involved) that was well within the time limits after the puck being released, gets 1 game in the playoffs.

I would be confused as hell playing in this league as to what is and what is not allowed.

Great job Shanahan! :roll:

I could see this deserving of 1 game maybe during the regular season, but no way in hell should he have gotten one game in the playoffs. Sorry, but it just was not that dirty.



i think the nhl is a total mess with how they handle suspensions. was this the worst ever hit to the head? no. but it was a hit to the head nonetheless. i think the fact claudia took a fit in the offensive end and continued up ice and delivered the hit played a large role in the one game. shanny says as much on the video.
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,408
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: The Promised Land - @dukewall66

Re: Giroux Discipline Hearing

Postby JeffDFD on Mon May 07, 2012 10:42 pm

Just because the league sucks on other instances does not mean you can use them to argue a different case.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,565
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: Inside the tumor in Crosby's neck.

Re: Giroux Discipline Hearing

Postby orpchar on Mon May 07, 2012 10:49 pm

viva la ben wrote:Someone do a scumbag giroux meme


A few early attempts below:

Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
orpchar
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:59 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Giroux Discipline Hearing

Postby pfim on Tue May 08, 2012 8:27 am

I would be confused as hell playing in this league as to what is and what is not allowed.


Hitting guys in the head is not allowed. There is no ambiguity.

Shanahan blowing it on the Weber thing doesn't mean he should continue to make the same mistake.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,789
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Re: Giroux Discipline Hearing

Postby SirMario66 on Tue May 08, 2012 10:29 am

orpchar wrote:
viva la ben wrote:Someone do a scumbag giroux meme


A few early attempts below:

Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image


haha first one is the best
SirMario66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:27 pm

Re: Giroux Discipline Hearing

Postby rgj on Tue May 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Claudia's hissyfit cost Filly the game and series.....have a great summer, sweetie...
rgj
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,002
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:11 am

Re: Giroux Discipline Hearing

Postby duke66 on Tue May 08, 2012 11:02 pm

rgj wrote:Claudia's hissyfit cost Filly the game and series.....have a great summer, sweetie...



yet no one will remember this. but first time crosby spits, look out.
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,408
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: The Promised Land - @dukewall66

Previous

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

e-mail