How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase now?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby Rylan on Sun May 13, 2012 12:14 pm

moondart wrote:
Rylan wrote:

1. lol still.

2. What is the cap? Has that increased or decreased? How about prospective costs? How well do you know the Penguins bottom line? Possible that operation costs have increased? If you can not actively look at the Penguins financial statements, then you have no idea the reasoning behind the ticket prices. The Pens wouldn't jack prices up unless it was necessary to turn a profit. Same with every other business in America. lol

3. lol what are you talking about? No crap Sherlock the cap won't be 85 million. The Pens themselves have no control over the cap. I don't even know why the hell you keep bringing that up...

4. lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol. English must be your second language to not understand what I wrote the first time.

To be quite honest, the only reason I keep responding to you is to see what lunacy you come up with next. You continue to outdo yourself in ways that most would find incomprehensible. You sir, should be commended in your attempts to manipulate wording and try to construe statements to try and make yourself appear as though you have made an argument for your side. Unfortunately for you, when you use hyperbole and use that as your only definitive attack that more or less makes you have zero credibility.

You sir, must try harder if you want to legitimately talk about this. Otherwise,


1. You still look foolish from that originally....even you are admitting that.

2. It won't be 85 million I GUARENTEE YOU. It always seems to increase with the CBA inflator rule. The Pens now have parking, concession, and a better lease with now a 40% increase. Again...let me try again for you slowly: "turning a profit" versus "looking like you are screwing your customers". As I stated several posts ago: The Pens look bad here. Whether their GP was 10%, and it’s now its only 11%: THEY LOOK LIKE GREEDY A-HOLES...PLAIN AND SIMPLE WITH 40% INCREASES. Further, you have NO IDEA that the Pens wouldn't jack up prices without cause just to make more money....that's 100% theory on your part. Again, you look foolish typing that dude. Wow...that was worse than you not knowing what a "discussion" was.

3. You stated earlier that the Pens increases were for a "standard practice to raise prices to spend to the cap". Again, to spend to the cap at a 40% increase, would mean the cap is going to about 85 million. You keep tripping over your previous statements dude....be careful.

4. Again, avoiding this point by LOL. I posted your own words back at you....and you do LOL. Nice stating that I "manipulate" your words. When, anyone can use their mouse to scroll back up to see
what you typed.


1. lol You funny. Still.

2. lol don't become a businessman sir. You again show a complete lack of understanding of basic principles and continue to spew a 100% theory on your part. You think I appear foolish? You can't even back out of a silly corner you put yourself in by arguing the cap over and over.

3. lol seriously, you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I have yet to trip sir. You are extrapolating data into hyperbole to create a situation that does not and will not exist. When you do that your argument becomes a silly hypothetical to justify your current disgust with the Pens. Unfortunately, you just continue to prove its irrational. The Pens, as I have continued to state, are a small market team. Tickets are a teams main revenue. Here let me show you the operating income for the 2010-2011 season (most recent data I could find)

http://www.statista.com/statistics/1937 ... s-in-2010/

The Penguins you will notice are the very last team to break in the black. Greedy team right?

4. And yet, you apparently didn't because unless you have no idea how to comprehend a simple sentence in which I stated, "The Pens are a high class organization (as are all NHL Clubs but the Islanders :twisted:)" which means ALL teams are on an equal class level. There are no Evil Empires out to screw the fans over. lol but again, you continue acting pompous and I will continue to allow you degrade your credibility yourself as you continue to talk.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,995
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby steve784 on Sun May 13, 2012 1:56 pm

1. Kill
2. This
3. Thread
4. Now
steve784
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,638
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby moondart on Sun May 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Rylan wrote:
moondart wrote:
Rylan wrote:

1. lol still.

2. What is the cap? Has that increased or decreased? How about prospective costs? How well do you know the Penguins bottom line? Possible that operation costs have increased? If you can not actively look at the Penguins financial statements, then you have no idea the reasoning behind the ticket prices. The Pens wouldn't jack prices up unless it was necessary to turn a profit. Same with every other business in America. lol

3. lol what are you talking about? No crap Sherlock the cap won't be 85 million. The Pens themselves have no control over the cap. I don't even know why the hell you keep bringing that up...

4. lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol. English must be your second language to not understand what I wrote the first time.

To be quite honest, the only reason I keep responding to you is to see what lunacy you come up with next. You continue to outdo yourself in ways that most would find incomprehensible. You sir, should be commended in your attempts to manipulate wording and try to construe statements to try and make yourself appear as though you have made an argument for your side. Unfortunately for you, when you use hyperbole and use that as your only definitive attack that more or less makes you have zero credibility.

You sir, must try harder if you want to legitimately talk about this. Otherwise,


1. You still look foolish from that originally....even you are admitting that.

2. It won't be 85 million I GUARENTEE YOU. It always seems to increase with the CBA inflator rule. The Pens now have parking, concession, and a better lease with now a 40% increase. Again...let me try again for you slowly: "turning a profit" versus "looking like you are screwing your customers". As I stated several posts ago: The Pens look bad here. Whether their GP was 10%, and it’s now its only 11%: THEY LOOK LIKE GREEDY A-HOLES...PLAIN AND SIMPLE WITH 40% INCREASES. Further, you have NO IDEA that the Pens wouldn't jack up prices without cause just to make more money....that's 100% theory on your part. Again, you look foolish typing that dude. Wow...that was worse than you not knowing what a "discussion" was.

3. You stated earlier that the Pens increases were for a "standard practice to raise prices to spend to the cap". Again, to spend to the cap at a 40% increase, would mean the cap is going to about 85 million. You keep tripping over your previous statements dude....be careful.

4. Again, avoiding this point by LOL. I posted your own words back at you....and you do LOL. Nice stating that I "manipulate" your words. When, anyone can use their mouse to scroll back up to see
what you typed.


1. lol You funny. Still.

2. lol don't become a businessman sir. You again show a complete lack of understanding of basic principles and continue to spew a 100% theory on your part. You think I appear foolish? You can't even back out of a silly corner you put yourself in by arguing the cap over and over.

3. lol seriously, you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I have yet to trip sir. You are extrapolating data into hyperbole to create a situation that does not and will not exist. When you do that your argument becomes a silly hypothetical to justify your current disgust with the Pens. Unfortunately, you just continue to prove its irrational. The Pens, as I have continued to state, are a small market team. Tickets are a teams main revenue. Here let me show you the operating income for the 2010-2011 season (most recent data I could find)

http://www.statista.com/statistics/1937 ... s-in-2010/

The Penguins you will notice are the very last team to break in the black. Greedy team right?

4. And yet, you apparently didn't because unless you have no idea how to comprehend a simple sentence in which I stated, "The Pens are a high class organization (as are all NHL Clubs but the Islanders :twisted:)" which means ALL teams are on an equal class level. There are no Evil Empires out to screw the fans over. lol but again, you continue acting pompous and I will continue to allow you degrade your credibility yourself as you continue to talk.


You have been schooled kid...no worries though...it happens. You aren't addressing the SPECIFIC things I state, so I won't be addressing yours. Make sure your mom picks out your clothes tomorrow for school.
moondart
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:08 am

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby Froggy on Sun May 13, 2012 2:55 pm

steve784 wrote:1. Kill
2. This
3. Thread
4. Now
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,572
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby Rylan on Sun May 13, 2012 2:57 pm

lol I had fun though guys. Now it can die since I clearly won.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,995
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby moondart on Sun May 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Rylan wrote:lol I had fun though guys. Now it can die since I clearly won.



Righhttt....not addressing anything in a debate and keep changing subjects...you win? Well, at least you now know what a "discussion" is....congrats...
moondart
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:08 am

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby ulf on Mon May 14, 2012 4:23 pm

What a terrible business model. 250+ straight sellouts and the highest TV ratings from the NHL or NBA. Running off fans left and right, it seems.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,565
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby dietz on Mon May 14, 2012 7:16 pm

steve784 wrote:1. Kill
2. This
3. Thread
4. Now

5. please
dietz
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby dietz on Mon May 14, 2012 7:17 pm

dietz wrote:
steve784 wrote:1. Kill
2. This
3. Thread
4. Now

5. please

6. pretty please
dietz
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Tue May 15, 2012 9:01 pm

bhaw wrote:Increased ticket prices = increased revenue = increased salary cap = scoring winger for Sid we have always wanted

Thanks to those bending over and taking the price increase so you can fund our scoring winger.

:pop:


Oh I am sorry I was under the assumption they spent to the cap AND showed a profit the year before they got a sweet new arena deal that included more seats and piles of more money from other entities they didn't receive before. That was before the 45% increases or the 30% playoff increases that blew away away cap increases. My mistake. Play again junior.

Anyways my contention all along is that they raised prices so high sales went down and therefore their cut of other things like exchange and food went down as well. So they had to fill the seats the last few years with students, and are trying to make up for lost lost cash in increases they promised wouldnt happen, INSANE playoff increases and cutting out things like white out shirts. It's pretty obvious.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,064
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby columbia on Tue May 15, 2012 9:07 pm

It's pretty obvious that you are a dissatisfied consumer.

What's your next move, other than complaining about it?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 45,812
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby Streaks House on Tue May 15, 2012 9:23 pm

columbia wrote:It's pretty obvious that you are a dissatisfied consumer.

What's your next move, other than complaining about it?


When will it be over for you?
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,488
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:16 pm
Location: Ted Carrick's Table

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby Rylan on Tue May 15, 2012 10:28 pm

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
bhaw wrote:Increased ticket prices = increased revenue = increased salary cap = scoring winger for Sid we have always wanted

Thanks to those bending over and taking the price increase so you can fund our scoring winger.

:pop:


Oh I am sorry I was under the assumption they spent to the cap AND showed a profit the year before they got a sweet new arena deal that included more seats and piles of more money from other entities they didn't receive before. That was before the 45% increases or the 30% playoff increases that blew away away cap increases. My mistake. Play again junior.

Anyways my contention all along is that they raised prices so high sales went down and therefore their cut of other things like exchange and food went down as well. So they had to fill the seats the last few years with students, and are trying to make up for lost lost cash in increases they promised wouldnt happen, INSANE playoff increases and cutting out things like white out shirts. It's pretty obvious.


http://www.statista.com/statistics/1937 ... s-in-2010/

Pens are making bank...
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,995
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby Streaks House on Tue May 15, 2012 11:02 pm

Penguins operating income: $200K in the red, per Forbes.

http://www.forbes.com/nhl-valuations/

But...

Current Value: $232M, up $12M year over year.

Penguins rank 9th in just about every metric category. Only teams valued/ranked higher (in ascending order): Flyers, Canucks, Blackhawks, Bruins, Red Wings, Canadiens, Rangers, and Maple Leafs.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,488
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:16 pm
Location: Ted Carrick's Table

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby Rylan on Wed May 16, 2012 7:41 am

Current Value is a number used to sell the franchise. It doesn't have any true worth on weather or not the Pens are profitable. The new stadium plus the recent cup, string of sellouts, and the assets they put on the ice do make the Penguins valuable at the moment.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,995
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Thu May 17, 2012 7:55 pm

Rylan wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
bhaw wrote:Increased ticket prices = increased revenue = increased salary cap = scoring winger for Sid we have always wanted

Thanks to those bending over and taking the price increase so you can fund our scoring winger.

:pop:


Oh I am sorry I was under the assumption they spent to the cap AND showed a profit the year before they got a sweet new arena deal that included more seats and piles of more money from other entities they didn't receive before. That was before the 45% increases or the 30% playoff increases that blew away away cap increases. My mistake. Play again junior.

Anyways my contention all along is that they raised prices so high sales went down and therefore their cut of other things like exchange and food went down as well. So they had to fill the seats the last few years with students, and are trying to make up for lost lost cash in increases they promised wouldnt happen, INSANE playoff increases and cutting out things like white out shirts. It's pretty obvious.


http://www.statista.com/statistics/1937 ... s-in-2010/

Pens are making bank...


yeah, if that article is true than my theory that they screwed up and raised prices to an insane amount, and cut out things to make up money proves more likely than everyone elses bs "supply and demand"....since they were profitable the last year in Mellon?
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,064
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: How do Pens think fans swallow another 10% tix increase

Postby Streaks House on Thu May 17, 2012 10:03 pm

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
Rylan wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
bhaw wrote:Increased ticket prices = increased revenue = increased salary cap = scoring winger for Sid we have always wanted

Thanks to those bending over and taking the price increase so you can fund our scoring winger.

:pop:


Oh I am sorry I was under the assumption they spent to the cap AND showed a profit the year before they got a sweet new arena deal that included more seats and piles of more money from other entities they didn't receive before. That was before the 45% increases or the 30% playoff increases that blew away away cap increases. My mistake. Play again junior.

Anyways my contention all along is that they raised prices so high sales went down and therefore their cut of other things like exchange and food went down as well. So they had to fill the seats the last few years with students, and are trying to make up for lost lost cash in increases they promised wouldnt happen, INSANE playoff increases and cutting out things like white out shirts. It's pretty obvious.


http://www.statista.com/statistics/1937 ... s-in-2010/

Pens are making bank...


yeah, if that article is true than my theory that they screwed up and raised prices to an insane amount, and cut out things to make up money proves more likely than everyone elses bs "supply and demand"....since they were profitable the last year in Mellon?


I'm pretty sure if they "screwed up and raised prices an insane amount", the dissatisfaction of ticket buyers would force the team to roll back pricing because demand would drop. This hasn't happened yet. Most fee generating business have a volume target that goes in to the determination of pricing. If they aren't meeting the volume, pricing is adjusted.

Don't forget, the Penguins are a business, they have the ability to set pricing as they so see fit, regardless of what Joe Yinzer thinks of it.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,488
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:16 pm
Location: Ted Carrick's Table

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

e-mail