Michalek Would Consider Waiving Limited NMC?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Michalek Would Consider Waiving Limited NMC?

Postby Luckybreak on Thu May 17, 2012 9:55 am

Jasmine wrote:Poor Zybie. I said it before and I'll say it again now . . . Martin was the best player on the ice when he first came here. THE SYSTEM HAS RUINED HIM. And Z, too. I honestly thought that Bylsma would be fired after his third in a row playoff crash. This team is too talented to be embarrassed like this. I still don't understand why this coaching staff is still in place??????????????? :?
Additional thought: Is it not COACHES who win in the playoffs? I say yes, and we stink.

10 - Habs played total team D, Halak was on fire + Cup hangover = Pass.
11 - Missing Sid + Geno = Pass. *
12 - Spectacular failure of coaching and team on every level = EPIC FAIL. **

* HCDB implemented a defensive system to great success considering absent stars, why was this subsequently abandoned in favour of run n gun hockey with a healthy lineup? Did Geno/Sid influence this directly/indirectly?
** All the more damning considering the regular season blueprint Flyers developed for beating Pens.

M+M both looked at their best when the defensive system was implemented, why can't Bylsma create a hybrid system? I'm sad that Michalek would say this, it seems akin to requesting a trade. Should Martin follow suit could it hinder Shero's ability to attract players?

The plus side is the 9mil in cap space (Weber/Suter fan boys will go bonkers lol)...
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Thu May 17, 2012 10:17 am

Bring back FHCMT to coach the D. Do it, RS.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby columbia on Thu May 17, 2012 10:21 am

If this is actually true, it's dismaying.
It says something very poor about a few people and I don't think that includes Michalek.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby IanMoran on Thu May 17, 2012 10:31 am

:face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face:

Why are Madden rumors CONSTANTLY given credibility here?

He's an entertainer, he's equivalent to eklund as far as "insider"

This is the same guy that had "inside sources" that Dixon was leaving for LSU (when it was 2 weeks after LSU had hired their coach). Guy just creates stuff for ratings

There is a 0% chance Madden actually heard this from any source
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu May 17, 2012 10:40 am

IanMoran wrote::face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face:

This is the same guy that had "inside sources" that Dixon was leaving for LSU (when it was 2 weeks after LSU had hired their coach). Guy just creates stuff for ratings

It's the offseason and we have nothing else to talk about.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu May 17, 2012 10:46 am

More disturbing than Madden rumors being given credibility, the degree of credibility they are given is up for debate i guess, are the people who are offended by it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby jcgopens on Thu May 17, 2012 11:28 am

IanMoran wrote::face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face:

I turned on Madden for just a little while yesterday and happened to hear this "announcement". He cited a "little birdie" as his source. Now, Michalek is somewhere recovering from hip surgery, and didn't speak with the media on break-up day. When and to whom did Michalek speak to? I guess you could consider that one of the other players conveyed that information, but they all strike me as a group that keeps pretty tight lipped about each other's business.
jcgopens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby IanMoran on Thu May 17, 2012 11:36 am

Idoit40fans wrote:More disturbing than Madden rumors being given credibility, the degree of credibility they are given is up for debate i guess, are the people who are offended by it.

Lol, idk if offended is the right word.. If everyone wants to talk hypothetical situations because its fun to do, that's fine. I just don't understand why Eklund is always laughed off the board but what madden states turns into a huge discussion

This guy was part of TIOPS lol
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu May 17, 2012 12:30 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:What did Martin and Michalek give up to get those NMCs? Certainly not salary.

They gave up playing defense?

BOOM!
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jasmine on Thu May 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Speaking only for myself, I listen to Madden among others, but certainly don't buy everything he says as fact. However, I don't need MM to tell me what I can see with my own two eyes! I'll say it for the 25th time, Paul Martin was good when he got here . . . now he stinks. That's coaching.
PS Heard on NHL Home Ice this morning about how Jonathan Quick was so great because the DEFENSE in front of him (includes former whipping boy of this board Rob Scuderi) doesn't allow anyone to get close to him for a good chance. Hmmm, that's sounds a bit familiar to the 2009 playoffs! Thanks, Dan.
Jasmine
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu May 17, 2012 2:07 pm

IanMoran wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:More disturbing than Madden rumors being given credibility, the degree of credibility they are given is up for debate i guess, are the people who are offended by it.

Lol, idk if offended is the right word.. If everyone wants to talk hypothetical situations because its fun to do, that's fine. I just don't understand why Eklund is always laughed off the board but what madden states turns into a huge discussion

Strange to bring up a problem with "huge discussions" in a thread that hasn't even gone 2 pages in two days.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu May 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Michalek knows what's going on. He must hear the criticism and I'm sure he himself is frustrated. This new rumor wouldn't surprise me at all. I remember that he was very good when he got here. He blocked a ton of shots and just generally played well. I remember we were all praising him. Whatever theory one may have on what happened, there somewhere is a reason and Shero would be smart to address it.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby IanMoran on Thu May 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
IanMoran wrote:

Strange to bring up a problem with "huge discussions" in a thread that hasn't even gone 2 pages in two days.

Lol, I'm really not going to get into a huge match over this.

It has just been my observation, that in general, this board takes what Madden says a little too seriously given his history of making up rumors.

That was pretty much it... I'm sorry if my comment offended you
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby SolidSnake on Thu May 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Let's pretend and say what Madden is saying is true. You then gotta figure that Michalek is good as gone, because wouldn't that be kind of saying in a nice way that he wants out? what then could Michalek could bring in a trade? more so then Martin I would say based on the $ alone
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu May 17, 2012 9:18 pm

There are rumors that I can believe and there are ones that I can't.

This is not believable. Where the hell would this come from? The players have been gone for like a month now and I HIGHLY doubt shero has done any talking with players other than at exit meetings - these guys are taking a physical and mental break.

For this to come out of nowhere on May 17th makes no sense to me. It especially sounds made up with the thing about him not liking being coached to "lay down"
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Pitts on Fri May 18, 2012 12:17 am

Sarcastic wrote: Whatever theory one may have on what happened, there somewhere is a reason and Shero would be smart to address it.

The reason is the run-around-like-5-headless-chickens-on-the-ice-for-60-minutes system Bylsma has them "playing."
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri May 18, 2012 9:08 am

IanMoran wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
IanMoran wrote:

Lol, I'm really not going to get into a huge match over this.

It has just been my observation, that in general, this board takes what Madden says a little too seriously given his history of making up rumors.

That was pretty much it... I'm sorry if my comment offended you

3 days.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Fri May 18, 2012 9:21 am

I think Madden is 100% the truth and has the best logical rumors. Everything he says is true and should be listened to, I mean the guy's a genius.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Fri May 18, 2012 10:44 am

Mr. Colby wrote:There are rumors that I can believe and there are ones that I can't.

This is not believable. Where the hell would this come from? The players have been gone for like a month now and I HIGHLY doubt shero has done any talking with players other than at exit meetings - these guys are taking a physical and mental break.

For this to come out of nowhere on May 17th makes no sense to me. It especially sounds made up with the thing about him not liking being coached to "lay down"

Plus the fact that it would seem he has a lot going on right now. pregnant wife - decision to play in worlds - hip surgery - child born
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Fri May 18, 2012 10:54 am

At this point it doesn't matter who plays defense, Bylsma will muck it all up.

Niskanen and Strait cand look just as incompetant as M&M but for $6-7 million less.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Fri May 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:I think Madden is 100% the truth and has the best logical rumors. Everything he says is true and should be listened to, I mean the guy's a genius.

You mean SUPER GENIUS
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby sil on Fri May 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Staal, Michalek, Orpik, Kennedy, and a conditional pick in 2014...for Weber, Hornqvist, and Wilson. Give me a call Ray!
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pens15 on Fri May 18, 2012 1:06 pm

As for who leaks stuff like this, agents and other "entourage" people.
Pens15
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby sil on Fri May 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Pens15 wrote:As for who leaks stuff like this, agents and other "entourage" people.

Talbot had an 'entourage.'
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pugilist13 on Fri May 18, 2012 7:41 pm

sil wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Just get it over with and fire the coaches. It's a shame that Michalek feels that way if true. You just don't go from being absolute quality at PHX to garbage. Well, you obviously do, because the system sucks.

He wasn't PHX's top man, but he was certainly stronger in the D-zone there than he is here...which is really dissapointing. Same with Martin...and it does beg some serious questions.

Exactly. Both Martin and Z came from defensive systems. They are asked to play a puck pursuit, D pinching, join the rush style under Bylsma, something both are uncomfortable and incapable of doing. Like pounding square pegs into round holes. Shero and DB need to get on the same page, and quick. Orpik has regressed year after year under DB's system as well.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins