LET'S GO YOTES!

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby meecrofilm on Mon May 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Scuds city.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,520
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby no name on Mon May 14, 2012 3:33 pm

LA all the way!!!!

J. Quick honestly is playing out of his mind. When was the last time a 8th seed got this far.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,039
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby Kaizer on Mon May 14, 2012 4:02 pm

'06 Oilers i think.

the Kings could go into the finals beating the top 3 seeds in the conference, and the rangers could get there after beating the bottom 3.

Kings win cup, beat 1,2,3,1
Rangers: 8,7,6,8
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,377
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Crazy Town

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby count2infinity on Mon May 14, 2012 5:13 pm

The '06 oilers are the only 8 seed to ever make it to the SCF.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,719
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby SteelCityFan on Mon May 14, 2012 7:49 pm

I've always despised Mike Richards. But living in SoCal and watching a lot of Kings games I've got to admit that Richards has been incredible this year for the Kings. The Kings certainly dont make the playoffs without him. He's been an absolute beast this year in the playoffs as well. Richards, Brown and Kopitar have been amazing in the playoffs this year. Very solid defensively, great goaltending, and timely goal scoring. They've got a great chance!
SteelCityFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,022
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:03 am

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby SteelCityFan on Mon May 14, 2012 7:51 pm

And as good as Richards has been, is how bad Carter is. Carter is a bum. No heart, no grit, and no hands in the playoffs. Best move the Philthys ever made was getting rid of that ass hat
SteelCityFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,022
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:03 am

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby shoeshine boy on Wed May 16, 2012 8:35 am

Mr No-Hands had a hat trick last night. might want to take that one back......
I was ambivalent about this series but after watching Mike Smith take that cheap shot at Dustin Brown last night it's Kings all the way!!!!
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,398
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:44 am
Location: me, 3 years Super League

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed May 16, 2012 9:13 am

SteelCityFan wrote:And as good as Richards has been, is how bad Carter is. Carter is a bum. No heart, no grit, and no hands in the playoffs. Best move the Philthys ever made was getting rid of that ass hat


His shoulder and ankle have been hurt on and off all year. The great thing about LA, is that everyone aside from him is scoring. Him scoring tonight though was the winner in the deal.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,189
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby CERV96 on Wed May 16, 2012 9:49 am

count2infinity wrote:The '06 oilers are the only 8 seed to ever make it to the SCF.



'91 North Stars would have been an 8 seed under the current format.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,654
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby Tomas on Wed May 16, 2012 11:00 am

CERV96 wrote:
count2infinity wrote:The '06 oilers are the only 8 seed to ever make it to the SCF.



'91 North Stars would have been an 8 seed under the current format.


1991 North Stars had 68 points in an 80-game season where point total was not inflated by OTL extra points. In an 82-game season, that translates to 68*82/80 = 69.7 points.

Taking OTL into consideration (a team earns the extra OTL point roughly every 8th game), their OTL-adjusted point total would be 69.7 + 82*(1/8) = 80 points in an 82-game season.

So, 1991 North Stars would have been roughly a 13 or 14 seed under the current format, making their historic run in 1991 even more remarkable.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,277
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:21 am

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby SteelCityFan on Fri May 18, 2012 10:38 pm

shoeshine boy wrote:Mr No-Hands had a hat trick last night. might want to take that one back......
I was ambivalent about this series but after watching Mike Smith take that cheap shot at Dustin Brown last night it's Kings all the way!!!!


Yeah, Carter has scored in 2 out of the Kings 12 post season games so far. He's on fire... :roll:

By the way, did you see his hat trick? He fanned on his first goal, had the second goal bounce off his foot and go in, then put home a rebound on a 5 on 3 power play. Not exactly firing laser beams....
SteelCityFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,022
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:03 am

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby shmenguin on Sat May 19, 2012 11:22 am

I don't get why people are so worked up about carter. I don't recall him doing a single unsavory thing against the pens over the years. He's a pretty classy dude, actually. I get it if you don't love his game, but there's nothing hate worthy about the guy.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,753
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby duke66 on Sat May 19, 2012 1:15 pm

shmenguin wrote:I don't get why people are so worked up about carter. I don't recall him doing a single unsavory thing against the pens over the years. He's a pretty classy dude, actually. I get it if you don't love his game, but there's nothing hate worthy about the guy.


other than he played for philthy.
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,411
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: The Promised Land - @dukewall66

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby MRandall25 on Sat May 19, 2012 1:19 pm

shmenguin wrote:I don't get why people are so worked up about carter. I don't recall him doing a single unsavory thing against the pens over the years. He's a pretty classy dude, actually. I get it if you don't love his game, but there's nothing hate worthy about the guy.


He cried about having to play in C-bus. Dick move. Professionals play no matter where they are.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,376
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sat May 19, 2012 2:01 pm

Image
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,363
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:56 am
Location: A parallel universe called New Pittsburgh

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby shmenguin on Sat May 19, 2012 5:13 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:I don't get why people are so worked up about carter. I don't recall him doing a single unsavory thing against the pens over the years. He's a pretty classy dude, actually. I get it if you don't love his game, but there's nothing hate worthy about the guy.


He cried about having to play in C-bus. Dick move. Professionals play no matter where they are.


i guess i'll have to qualify my statement...he's classy - on the ice.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,753
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby brwi on Sun May 20, 2012 9:45 am

Carter gets rapped because his compete level is questionable. He probably has the best wrist shot in the NHL, even better than Semin's. The problem with him is that he's kind of soff and doesn't always give 100%. When he gets hot, he's insane, but he can be discouraged and then he's kind of useless. He can disappear when the going gets tough. Until the other night's eruption, he had been a passenger on the LA Express Train through the playoffs.

The whining about being traded and playing in columbus didn't help his "image" too much. Waaah.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,132
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:36 am

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby shmenguin on Sun May 20, 2012 9:54 am

brwi wrote:The whining about being traded and playing in columbus didn't help his "image" too much. Waaah.


can't argue with the results, though :lol:
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,753
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby CERV96 on Sun May 20, 2012 1:00 pm

CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,654
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby SteelCityFan on Sun May 20, 2012 4:23 pm

brwi wrote:Carter gets rapped because his compete level is questionable. He probably has the best wrist shot in the NHL, even better than Semin's. The problem with him is that he's kind of soff and doesn't always give 100%. When he gets hot, he's insane, but he can be discouraged and then he's kind of useless. He can disappear when the going gets tough. Until the other night's eruption, he had been a passenger on the LA Express Train through the playoffs.

The whining about being traded and playing in columbus didn't help his "image" too much. Waaah.


Spot on!
SteelCityFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,022
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:03 am

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby shoeshine boy on Mon May 21, 2012 9:44 am

SteelCityFan wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:Mr No-Hands had a hat trick last night. might want to take that one back......
I was ambivalent about this series but after watching Mike Smith take that cheap shot at Dustin Brown last night it's Kings all the way!!!!


Yeah, Carter has scored in 2 out of the Kings 12 post season games so far. He's on fire... :roll:

By the way, did you see his hat trick? He fanned on his first goal, had the second goal bounce off his foot and go in, then put home a rebound on a 5 on 3 power play. Not exactly firing laser beams....


90% of scoring goals is being in the right place at the right time. Carter was there and that was the important part. in 13 playoff games he's had 4 goals and 3 assists. respectable for the post-season against some very tough opponents. now, I am not a fan of Carter. I thought his behavior/whining Columbus was pathetic but you can't deny the fact that since his arrival the Kings have been on fire.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,398
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:44 am
Location: me, 3 years Super League

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon May 21, 2012 3:44 pm

I don't hate on Carter. I wouldn't want to play in Columbus either. People just look for reasons to hate specific players.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,189
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Previous

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


e-mail