Jerry Sandusky and Related Trials

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby IanMoran on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Also, in defense of Mac... I heard the same report he did I'm guessing (I forget from where)

Some news channel said something along the lines of how strong of a witness victim #____ was / stood up well in cross-defense, but one negative for the prosecution was how he was completely emotionless

Mac was just relaying what a news lady said pretty much verbatim
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,819
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby Rocco on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:23 pm

IanMoran wrote:Does the prosecution only have witness testimony? Couldn't this still be hard to prove within a reasonable doubt?


To prove all the charges? Yes. But there are what, 56 separate counts?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,799
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby tifosi77 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:47 am

Staggy wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:As a PSU alum I want Curley, Spanier, Schultz, and anyone else that buried, halted, or prevented any investigation into Sandusky to get the book thrown at them and more. I want Sandusky to get the worse treatment possible as well. Based on the testimony and evidence presented so far, I believe he is guilty.

I think most PSU alumni share my feelings.


Agreed.

Thirded

#PssedoffPSUAlum

Staggy wrote:After he saw Sandusky and the boy in the shower he claimed he slammed his locker in a "Someone's hear! Break it up!" way then immediately went to his office.

I hope McQueary dies of Ebola.

columbia wrote:
shmenguin wrote:Wow. So McQueary is a bigger sack of **** than I thought.


Well that applies to everyone at PSU and the local authorities, who had any knowledge of what was happening.

Yeah, but I think it applies a little bit more equally to McQueary.

It's one thing to hear the news first- or second-hand. It's something else entirely to be a witness to the act and turn your back.

IanMoran wrote:Does the prosecution only have witness testimony? Couldn't this still be hard to prove within a reasonable doubt?

I do remember something in the grand jury report about physical evidence...... but I agree, this is not a slam-dunk case to make with just victim and eyewitness testimony.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,523
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: White-Juday Warp Field Interferometer

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby Pitts on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:48 am

After Judge John Cleland adjourned for the day, Sandusky spent a few minutes chatting and laughing — breaking out in a big grin a few times — with a few old friends and supporters.

Washington Post article

The guy truly is messed in the head and lives in a fantasy world.
Last edited by Pitts on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,352
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:54 am

Washington Post you mean?
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,426
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby Pitts on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:55 am

shafnutz05 wrote:Washington Post you mean?

Lol...sure, whatever works.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,352
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby columbia on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:55 am

“We still believe in Jerry,” said Joyce Porter, who said she’d been a friend for 40 years. Asked about the testimony, she said, “Some of them, they’ve been coached, don’t you think?”

Another friend of 45 years, Kathy Sulkowski, said of Sandusky, “There’s so many kids that he turned their lives around. . . . I totally trust him.”


Ok...
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 45,308
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby Pitts on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:56 am

columbia wrote:
“We still believe in Jerry,” said Joyce Porter, who said she’d been a friend for 40 years. Asked about the testimony, she said, “Some of them, they’ve been coached, don’t you think?”

Another friend of 45 years, Kathy Sulkowski, said of Sandusky, “There’s so many kids that he turned their lives around. . . . I totally trust him.”


Ok...

Sheep...
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,352
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby Pitts on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:59 am

Here's another gem from the ESPN article posted earlier:
Jessica Dershem, a child-welfare caseworker who spoke to Sandusky about the boy's claims, testified that the coach denied having sexual contact with the boy but did acknowledge lying on top of him and blowing "raspberries" on the boy's belly. Dershem said Sandusky told her he couldn't recall whether he had ever touched the boy below the waist.

Now, I'm a dad of 3, 2 of them boys. I don't know about most other fathers, but I think "blowing raspberries" on their bellies stops at about age 7 or 8. I don't think I ever thought of doing that goofiness to even my 11 year old son in the past 2-3 years. The man is TWISTED!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,352
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:00 pm

Pitts wrote:
After Judge John Cleland adjourned for the day, Sandusky spent a few minutes chatting and laughing — breaking out in a big grin a few times — with a few old friends and supporters.

Washington Post article

The guy truly is messed in the head and lives in a fantasy world.


Most pedophiles do.

Graham James, to this day, can't understand why Sheldon Kennedy and Theo Fleury "didn't return his love"... :face:
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,384
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:07 pm

Mr. Rominger asked Mr. McQueary if he knew what a mandatory reporter is (categories of people who are required to report possible sexual abuse), and the answer was no. Mr. McQueary was the CEO of a medical group at the time of the 2001 incident.

Mr. Rominger asked him what it would have taken for him to tell his son to call 911 that night.

"He would have had to tell me he saw someone injured, screaming, hurt. I don't know what he would have had to tell me. You're asking me to say 'what if'," Mr. McQueary said.


http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/state/day-3-of-fast-moving-sandusky-trial-640157/

:face:

This is what bothers me about this case. People like McQueary's dad don't see anything wrong with their apathy.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,113
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Pitts wrote:Here's another gem from the ESPN article posted earlier:
Jessica Dershem, a child-welfare caseworker who spoke to Sandusky about the boy's claims, testified that the coach denied having sexual contact with the boy but did acknowledge lying on top of him and blowing "raspberries" on the boy's belly. Dershem said Sandusky told her he couldn't recall whether he had ever touched the boy below the waist.

Now, I'm a dad of 3, 2 of them boys. I don't know about most other fathers, but I think "blowing raspberries" on their bellies stops at about age 7 or 8. I don't think I ever thought of doing that goofiness to even my 11 year old son in the past 2-3 years. The man is TWISTED!


Nobody will ever give my kid a "raspberrie" if they aren't blood. It's ridiculous that people thought it was even acceptable in the first place.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,948
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby ulf on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:39 pm

yeah my dad never gave me "raspberries," i don't even know what that is. but if i had a kid and heard somebody was doing that to my son? they'd be in some trouble.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,453
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:39 pm

I give my wife raspberries
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,426
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:42 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:I give my wife raspberries


Your wife isn't 12 years old, and a boy either.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,948
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby Pitts on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:53 pm

ulf wrote:yeah my dad never gave me "raspberries," i don't even know what that is.

A raspberry is when you put your open mouth on some area of skin and blow out hard, causing a lot of ticklish flapping and loud sounds.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,352
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby Troy Loney on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:01 pm

So basically Sandusky is saying that all his weird pedophile stories are true except the oral sex and fondling parts. Sounds like a winning defense.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,520
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby Rylan on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Troy Loney wrote:So basically Sandusky is saying that all his weird pedophile stories are true except the oral sex and fondling parts. Sounds like a winning defense.


This made me laugh cause of the inflection I read it in.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,001
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby Factorial on Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:22 pm

McQueary's father tesifies:


John McQueary testified about the night his son arrived at his home, telling him that he had seen Mr. Sandusky in the locker room showers in a sex act with the defendant.

On cross-examination by defense attorney Karl Rominger, John McQueary could not recall testifying at the preliminary hearing for Penn State athletic director Tim Curley or Vice President Gary Schultz. Even after being shown a copy of the hearing transcript, listing him as a witness, as well as viewing pages of his own testimony, the man denied testifying there.

Mr. Rominger asked Mr. McQueary if he knew what a mandatory reporter is (categories of people who are required to report possible sexual abuse), and the answer was no. Mr. McQueary was the CEO of a medical group at the time of the 2001 incident.

Mr. Rominger asked him what it would have taken for him to tell his son to call 911 that night.

"He would have had to tell me he saw someone injured, screaming, hurt. I don't know what he would have had to tell me. You're asking me to say 'what if'," Mr. McQueary said.


As Shaf would say wow, just wow.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/loc ... z1xi7MW12n
Factorial
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,814
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: In Heaven, Everything is fine.

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby shmenguin on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:20 pm

Piece of **** family
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,199
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Factorial wrote:McQueary's father tesifies:


John McQueary testified about the night his son arrived at his home, telling him that he had seen Mr. Sandusky in the locker room showers in a sex act with the defendant.

On cross-examination by defense attorney Karl Rominger, John McQueary could not recall testifying at the preliminary hearing for Penn State athletic director Tim Curley or Vice President Gary Schultz. Even after being shown a copy of the hearing transcript, listing him as a witness, as well as viewing pages of his own testimony, the man denied testifying there.

Mr. Rominger asked Mr. McQueary if he knew what a mandatory reporter is (categories of people who are required to report possible sexual abuse), and the answer was no. Mr. McQueary was the CEO of a medical group at the time of the 2001 incident.

Mr. Rominger asked him what it would have taken for him to tell his son to call 911 that night.

"He would have had to tell me he saw someone injured, screaming, hurt. I don't know what he would have had to tell me. You're asking me to say 'what if'," Mr. McQueary said.


As Shaf would say wow, just wow.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/loc ... z1xi7MW12n


i posted the same thing just a few hours earlier. he should be shunned by society.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,113
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby MWB on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:32 pm

So "injured, screaming, or hurt," you call 911. Old man having sex with a kid, don't call 911. Insanity.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,585
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:34 pm

I feel like the victim testimony is buring Sandusky. There's no way IMO he doesn't get convicted
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,158
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby jimjom on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Guy I was decent friends with until a couple years back (he ripped me off in a fantasy FB league) was involved in second mile as a kid and idolizes Sandusky. He went to bowl games, away games, etc and kept in touch with JS. Hoping he wasn't abused. He came out in Nov and supported JS to the media. I keep wondering if he will be called as a character witness for the defense.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,838
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: Presto

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Postby jimjom on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:07 pm

Oh and something I should hae added to my post above -- dude needs his #$% kicked for supporting this monstrosity of a human. Should I see him again he'll be hearing that from my mouth.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,838
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: Presto

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DudeMan2766, Grunthy, IanMoran, Shyster and 8 guests

e-mail