Winterhawks - Morrow/Pouliot

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Winterhawks - Morrow/Pouliot

Postby juicebox1 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:56 am

maybe not deserving of its own thread, so apologies in advance.

i'm not well versed in how signing prospects to EL contracts affects the teams they play for. i know Morrow has been signed, but if he doesn't make the Pens in camp, will he stay with the Winterhawks and play with Pouliot again this upcoming year or go to WBS?

Morrow's profile on hockeysfuture says he's likely to stay in Portland for another season, but i'm not sure it has been updated all that recently
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/joe_morrow/
juicebox1
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Winterhawks - Morrow/Pouliot

Postby canaan on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:57 am

did you happen to call into the fan yesterday? there was a dude on the rant part they do and his name was juicebox.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby juicebox1 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:58 am

haha, nope. not me. sounds like he tarnished the name though!
juicebox1
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby canaan on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:59 am

juicebox1 wrote:haha, nope. not me. sounds like he tarnished the name though!

sorry to off-topic your thread, but yeah, dude made my brain hurt.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:01 pm

I would expect Morrow to play in WBS this season.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mikey287 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Morrow is a late '92 birthday, sending him back to Portland (WHL) would be using one of their overage spots. While they would be thrilled to have him back. They won't get him. He'll be in Wilkes-Barre (AHL) if he doesn't make the Penguins.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby RxBandit66 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:27 pm

mikey287 wrote:Morrow is a late '92 birthday, sending him back to Portland (WHL) would be using one of their overage spots. While they would be thrilled to have him back. They won't get him. He'll be in Wilkes-Barre (AHL) if he doesn't make the Penguins.

What do you think the odds are that he will make the Pens? Defenders seem to be maturing at a fast pace the past few seasons. But will they have room for him with so many guys already penciled in?
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mikey287 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:33 pm

RxBandit66 wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Morrow is a late '92 birthday, sending him back to Portland (WHL) would be using one of their overage spots. While they would be thrilled to have him back. They won't get him. He'll be in Wilkes-Barre (AHL) if he doesn't make the Penguins.

What do you think the odds are that he will make the Pens? Defenders seem to be maturing at a fast pace the past few seasons. But will they have room for him with so many guys already penciled in?

I don't think he's ready defensively. I think he's gonna need at least a year in the AHL. Also, it's a bit of a numbers game...you have 8-waiver eligible d-men I believe right now, you have to think about that too. You can afford to lose any of Lovejoy, Bortuzzo, Engelland or Strait if Morrow really gives you a reason...but I don't think you can pencil Morrow in yet...Despres, Strait, Bortuzzo and Dumoulin probably have a better chance, if I had to name names...but we'll see about training camp.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins