Blowing it up

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Blowing it up

Postby offsides on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:10 pm

I can't wait for the finished product because I do not like the defensive make-up of this team right now. Currently there are way too many ifs and maybes. I am sure RS has a good handle on the situation and will make some solid moves before the deadline. After the playoff performance, or lack there of, it is obvious we need help defensively. So far we haven't gotten any. We need to be hard to play against, again.
offsides
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:59 pm

To those who said "WE DIDNT BLOW IT UP DOC"

I know...the title was tongue in cheek. Moving Staal is big like it or not. He was a key part of this team's success in the past, at least in my opinion. I'm not saying that moving forward we can't "do it without him," quite the opposite; I believe we'll be able to change for the better.
DocEmrick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JTS66 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Bioshock wrote:I'm seeing articles where people are projecting Zach might command as much as 8-9 million on the open market.

That being said, i would still pay it in a heart beat. You need to take care of the captain that keeps giving us this huge hometown discount. He is freeing up space so we can get guys like this. Reward him.

8mil at most, but RS will pull some of his magic and sign him for 6.5 or 7... boom :fist:
JTS66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby OutofFoil on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:14 pm

JTS66 wrote:
Bioshock wrote:I'm seeing articles where people are projecting Zach might command as much as 8-9 million on the open market.

That being said, i would still pay it in a heart beat. You need to take care of the captain that keeps giving us this huge hometown discount. He is freeing up space so we can get guys like this. Reward him.

8mil at most, but RS will pull some of his magic and sign him for 6.5 or 7... boom :fist:

Just call it the, "You and Sid get to play together." discount.
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Postby ville5 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:35 am

Ott is definitely what the Pens desperately need. Put him on a line with Suta brutha( I know) and Cookie Monster. And watch the bodies hit da floor.
If RS could add Ott, ZP and SS Gill, I'd call it a very successful off season. And a very formidable team come playoff time.
ville5
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Bioshock on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:53 am

OutofFoil wrote:
JTS66 wrote:

Just call it the, "You and Sid get to play together." discount.

Well, like i stated earlier in the topic, Buccigross said 8 years/55 Million for a 6.875 cap hit. Let's just hope it's closer to that number than the 8 or 9 some are reporting it might be.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Just blew up the bathroom at work today and didn't even have to aquire any rights to do so.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Hawkeynut on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:39 pm

One of Shero's fodder Angelo Esposito was not qualified by the Stars today making him a UFA. To think, at the time he was considered a top talent.

In Shero I trust.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Hawkeynut wrote:One of Shero's fodder Angelo Esposito was not qualified by the Stars today making him a UFA. To think, at the time he was considered a top talent.

In Shero I trust.

I saw that over the weekend and wondered how he got to the Stars organization. Did I miss something? Was he traded again?

Anyone?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:44 pm

Pitts wrote:
Hawkeynut wrote:One of Shero's fodder Angelo Esposito was not qualified by the Stars today making him a UFA. To think, at the time he was considered a top talent.

In Shero I trust.

I saw that over the weekend and wondered how he got to the Stars organization. Did I miss something? Was he traded again?

Anyone?

Might be wrong, but I think he was part of the trade that sent Lehtonen to Dallas.

EDIT: I'm wrong. He was traded to Florida, then to Dallas in an unrelated trade.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mikey287 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:46 pm

Pitts wrote:

In Shero I trust.

Anyone?

Ondrej Roman he was traded for. A failed Czech import into the WHL.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KG on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:47 pm

CERV96 wrote:Just blew up the bathroom at work today and didn't even have to aquire any rights to do so.

:thumb:
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:01 pm

I'd like to see the Pens pick up Mikael Samuelsson. Him on a line with Sutter and Cooke would be pretty fierce. Let TK play the 4th...nice depth if he's on our 4th line.
Hugo Stiglitz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:I'd like to see the Pens pick up Mikael Samuelsson. Him on a line with Sutter and Cooke would be pretty fierce. Let TK play the 4th...nice depth if he's on our 4th line.

The "fierce" wasn't describing Samuelsson was it? He's not exactly what I'd expect or want on a third line with Sutter and Cooke...what an odd match...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pens4Life87 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:32 pm

mikey287 wrote:Never understood the like/love for Tootoo...he's one of the worst players in the league.

Imagine if the Penguins would've drafted Slater Koekoek(coo coo) and signed Tootoo, Errey would be drooling saying he's Coo Coo for Too Too.
Pens4Life87
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins