Nash, Parise, Suter, or Weber

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Who would you sign?

Nash via trade
1%
Parise
69%
Suter
17%
Weber via trade (RFA)
13%

Total votes : 105

Re: Nash, Parise, Suter, or Weber

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:16 am

Gaucho wrote:Is Suter really elite or is he just way above average? I don't know. But I expect the Wings to throw some insane contract at him.

As an aside, I hope we keep Paul Martin and he decides to stop underachieving.

As I wrote in the other thread, Mike Babcock referred to Ryan Suter as a generational talent. I know he's smarter than I am when it comes to hockey, so I'll have to trust him. I know we'll be battling Red Wings and others to get him, so who knows. Maybe he prefers the West, but if I had a chance to play with Crosby and Malkin and Neal and Letang and hopefully another good winger like Parise or even Semin (lol), if I am Suter or anyone else, I say 'sign me up'. We'll see how it plays out, Gaucho.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby sil on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:18 am

Gaucho wrote:Is Suter really elite or is he just way above average? I don't know. But I expect the Wings to throw some insane contract at him.

Suter is a more consistent version of Letang...somewhat physical, offensively minded, solid in his own zone.
Last edited by sil on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby sil on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:19 am

Sarcastic wrote:

As I wrote in the other thread, Mike Babcock referred to Ryan Suter as a generational talent. I know he's smarter than I am when it comes to hockey, so I'll have to trust him. I know we'll be battling Red Wings and others to get him, so who knows. Maybe he prefers the West, but if I had a chance to play with Crosby and Malkin and Neal and Letang and hopefully another good winger like Parise or even Semin (lol), if I am Suter or anyone else, I say 'sign me up'. We'll see how it plays out, Gaucho.

I think Babcock is over-praising him. Weber is a better defenseman...all the way around.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:31 am

I don't view Suter as truly elite. Elite guys contribute in big ways all over the ice. He's no Pronger, Niedermayer, Lidstrom, etc. he's very good. A true number 1 but not elite
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:43 am

sil wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:

I think Babcock is over-praising him. Weber is a better defenseman...all the way around.

Thats simply inaccurate. Weber is a better offensive player, but there is a reason Suter worked well with him, he's there to cover up Weber's defensive deficiencies.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meow on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:45 am

I don't really get all the love for Parise on the Pens. Don't get me wrong, he is a tremendous player, but our main problem is keeping pucks out of our own net. Suter baby, Suter.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:55 pm

meow wrote:Don't get me wrong, he is a tremendous player, but our main problem is keeping pucks out of our own net.

Then we should probably be worried about the guy who stands in front of it for 60 minutes.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:00 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:
meow wrote:Don't get me wrong, he is a tremendous player, but our main problem is keeping pucks out of our own net.

Then we should probably be worried about the guy who stands in front of it for 60 minutes.

Right, which is why you acquire defense. So the guy that's in the crease isn't under a constant barrage of odd-man rushes and breakaways.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:04 pm

meow wrote:I don't really get all the love for Parise on the Pens. Don't get me wrong, he is a tremendous player, but our main problem is keeping pucks out of our own net. Suter baby, Suter.

I agree.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:12 pm

There's a better chance that the Pens get Parise then Suter and unless the whole team plays better even with Suter it's not gonna make that much of a difference.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meow on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:31 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:

Fleury was terrible in the play-offs, but the team defense was equally as bad.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby columbia on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey
Just spoke w/ Zach Parise on Oates hiring, "He will do a great job there. It is a big loss for us, helped make a lot of us better players...

This clearly means that Parise is going to the Caps.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:33 pm

columbia wrote:
Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey
Just spoke w/ Zach Parise on Oates hiring, "He will do a great job there. It is a big loss for us, helped make a lot of us better players...

This clearly means that Parise is going to the Caps.

or staying with NJ :pop:
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Or maybe heading to the KHL. :pop:

The funny thing is, e5 isn't even that "scientific" in fabricating rumors.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins