Parise will not be a Penguin. Wake up!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Parise will not be a Penguin. Wake up!

Postby viva la ben on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:38 am

The buzz is from all the flies they attract HEY OOOO!
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:41 am

lol what is it with this guy? he must REALLY want Parenteau
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: "Whatcha you be smokin' cuz? you guys aren't nothing but hoopty"

Postby NashvilleCat on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:55 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
columbia wrote:I agree with Molinari on this; of course, he told us that Staal was not on the trading block. :pop:

Because that's what Shero et al where stating publicly. Molinari doesn't speculate like the bozos at the other paper. :lol: :slug:

I'm guessing that Staal wasn't on the trading block until he turned down a long term offer. I didn't follow it close enough to know if Molinari said Stall wasn't after the offer was rejected. If he said he wasn't on the block after the rejection then he was wrong. Molinari's pretty reliable but nothing's 100% till it happens.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby marek on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:04 am

Huh??? I was just woken up by some noise that sounded like "Parise won't be a mannequin"????

Nevermind, I'm going back to bed.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby letsgoalpens on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:41 am

I don't buy the idea that Parise does not want to play in anybody's "shadow". That is pretty silly to me. The only teams he could go to where he wouldn't be playing with a superstar, thus being the only game in town, would be teams where he has little chance to win. I would be surprised if he wanted to go somewhere to be "the guy" over giving himself the best chance to win a cup. Not saying that is in Pittsburgh necessarily but I would be surprised if he didn't learn from the team that beat him in the cup final that it is important to be a part of a bunch of pieces rather than the the only piece (I miss you scuderi).
letsgoalpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pfim on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:43 am

He could play in WBS and not be in anyone's shadow.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:15 pm

If he doesn't want to be in anyone's shadow he should wear a lamp on his head.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Last year at the draft there was a shot of Shero talking to Burke and 2 seconds later he tweeted Malkin to TOR E3 since then I removed all connections with Eklund and any site that deals with him.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Antonio on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:35 pm

To be fair regarding all the people making the comments about saying Jordan Staal was never going to be traded, etc....

They DID offer him a long term VERY good contract...which he turned down. Its not like they tried to trade him and made no effort...they only traded him after he basically said I am not staying here. So, in all fairness, they really did not seem like they were going to trade him until HE forced it.
Antonio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:11 pm

Bunkerman535 wrote:From Hockey Buzz once again showing we are not getting Parise. Love to see it won't happen.

Its hard to understand what you think when you don't think in complete sentences... :roll:

I think what you are saying is that Parise has a choice to be the best player on a pretty good team and make a large number of dollars, which is true, but its also true that the Devils attempted to build a team around Parise that wasn't as successful as they hoped, despite getting to the SCF this year.

I think that winning will play a role in his decision, and thats why DET and PIT have not been ruled out. We win...
Pitt87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby DocEmrick on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:44 pm

DocEmrick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jesse on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Eklund has such a fantastic track record of being right. His hockey gospel knows all. I am glad that OP was able to step into this forum and provide us with such a final view of the Parise debate.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby farnham16 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:24 pm

Lol to Parise in Toronto.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Gaucho on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Jesse wrote:Eklund has such a fantastic track record of being right. His hockey gospel knows all. I am glad that OP was able to step into this forum and provide us with such a final view of the Parise debate.

I read that as "Parise debacle". Hello, Sigmund.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:31 pm

What shadow is Parise really living behind when it comes to Kovy? Parise is talked about in the media far more than Kovalchuk post-kovy signing with the Devils. Kovalchuk barely put more points than Parise. Parise only scored 9 less goals...how is he not a go to guy?

How would Parise NOT be a go to guy playing on the Pens? He'd obviously become one of the big stars here and probably 40+ goal getter. If there is any truth to this at all, then I'm fine with passing on Parise. I don't want a guy with an ego that fragile. NJ has pretty much two stars besides him: Kovy and Brodeur.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant 6 less goals, not 9.
Hugo Stiglitz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
Parise said if he gets to Sunday, Devils aren't out: "Not at all. I know a lot of people will think that. That's far from the case
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:59 pm

I think Parise is a greater possibility than Suter, but the odds are low for both and no one should be getting their hopes up honestly.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Mongoose87 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:32 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:I think Parise is a greater possibility than Suter, but the odds are low for both and no one should be getting their hopes up honestly.

Seriously, the way people talk around here, you'd think they've already signed.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby FallenHero96 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:06 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:I think Parise is a greater possibility than Suter, but the odds are low for both and no one should be getting their hopes up honestly.

I am really not sure why you say that odds are low. I think we have a better chance than most other teams, just because we are known as a powerhouse team and because of the Crosby relationship. The money Parise is offered from us won't be tops but it will probably be in the range of what he would accept I think.
FallenHero96
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:09 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:

I am really not sure why you say that odds are low. I think we have a better chance than most other teams, just because we are known as a powerhouse team and because of the Crosby relationship. The money Parise is offered from us won't be tops but it will probably be in the range of what he would accept I think.

If we're able to sign one, I think it's quite fathomable that we can sign both. Aside from the reasons you stated, we actually have the money as well. I also think signing one makes it more attractive for the other to follow. We have $14M free cap space and as stated by Shero, there is a market for Martin, so they'd be able to free up even more money.

It will just come down to whether either one of them has any personal interest in playing for the Penguins.
Hugo Stiglitz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FallenHero96 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:

It will just come down to whether either one of them has any personal interest in playing for the Penguins.

Agreed. And none of us know this. It's not a pipe dream, and it's not a done deal. We will have to wait and see.

Hey a couple years back, we signed the top 2 free agent D in Martin and Michalek, they took a little less money and stated they wanted to win. Not sure why anyone doesn't think this could happen again.
FallenHero96
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FallenHero96 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib

Just spoke with two NHL sources who believe Parise to the Penguins is a very strong possibility.
FallenHero96
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby joker10277 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:24 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib

Just spoke with two NHL sources who believe Parise to the Penguins is a very strong possibility.

Which means he'll probably resign in NJ within the hour............ :lol:
joker10277
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby KBone on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Parise was on Home Ice on XM around 4pm.

He said he's still in contact with Lou and that if he does get to Sunday it might be hectic. Said his agent has been prepping him for what Sunday will be like.

Nothing earth shattering one way or another.
KBone
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pens15 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:40 pm

I'm trying not to, but my hopes seem to have a will of their own.
Pens15
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins