Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Bunkerman535 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Everyone is now on the P A Parenteau bandwagon. It will be Parenteau getting the big push from the Penguins not Parise. For the Parise and Crosby are friends crowd, Sid has been a big fan of Parenteau for years. There are numerous quotes from Sid about P A. Looks like a legit #15 on the team this year.
Bunkerman535
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:41 am

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby mikey287 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:18 pm

I find it unlikely that we a) need yet another thread about this crap. b) Sid has even heard of a fringe NHLer like Parenteau
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,109
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby pugilist13 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Dont include me in the 1st sentence.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,258
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: your back yard

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:20 pm

I am not familiar with this Madden KD Pomp fellow but he sounds like a trustworthy gentleman. How does one follow such a scribe on that Twitter device.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,875
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:31 am
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby sil on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Bunkerman535 wrote:P A. Looks like a legit #15 on the team this year.


Whew. Good thing we'll only carry 13 forwards and PA will be sent to WB/S where he belongs.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,121
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby bhaw on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:29 pm

I think there should be a poll... you can only vote for

1. PA is an AHLer
2. PA is a guaranteed top line winger who will score 80+ points

No middle ground answers as that means you are not a true hockey fan.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,243
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:29 pm

sil wrote:
Bunkerman535 wrote:P A. Looks like a legit #15 on the team this year.


Whew. Good thing we'll only carry 13 forwards and PA will be sent to WB/S where he belongs.


I think he meant he'd wear #15. Previous 15's just weren't legitimate enough.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,875
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:31 am
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Corvidae on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:30 pm

sil wrote:
Bunkerman535 wrote:P A. Looks like a legit #15 on the team this year.


Whew. Good thing we'll only carry 13 forwards and PA will be sent to WB/S where he belongs.


:lol:
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,111
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:47 am

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby sil on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:30 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I am not familiar with this Madden KD Pomp fellow but he sounds like a trustworthy gentleman. How does one follow such a scribe on that Twitter device.


I think it's referring to Mark Madden...who I believe is one of these two gents...

Image Image
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,121
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:31 pm

bhaw wrote:I think there should be a poll... you can only vote for

1. PA is an AHLer
2. PA is a guaranteed top line winger who will score 80+ points

No middle ground answers as that means you are not a true hockey fan.


I wear a blue jersey. Which option would I choose?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,875
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:31 am
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby bhaw on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
bhaw wrote:I think there should be a poll... you can only vote for

1. PA is an AHLer
2. PA is a guaranteed top line winger who will score 80+ points

No middle ground answers as that means you are not a true hockey fan.


I wear a blue jersey. Which option would I choose?


Whichever one is in the lead when you go to vote.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,243
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:32 pm

sil wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I am not familiar with this Madden KD Pomp fellow but he sounds like a trustworthy gentleman. How does one follow such a scribe on that Twitter device.


I think it's referring to Mark Madden...who I believe is one of these two gents...

Image Image


Laughing other than on the inside.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,875
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:31 am
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby FallenHero96 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Bunkerman535 wrote:Everyone is now on the P A Parenteau bandwagon. It will be Parenteau getting the big push from the Penguins not Parise.


Why do you post this stuff like you have a clue what you are talking about? I'm pretty sure not one person with the Pens would want Parenteau over Parise, and they won't know what he wants until July 1...
Last edited by FallenHero96 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,656
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:39 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Bunkerman535 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:39 pm

sil wrote:
Bunkerman535 wrote:P A. Looks like a legit #15 on the team this year.


Whew. Good thing we'll only carry 13 forwards and PA will be sent to WB/S where he belongs.

Parenteau had more points than any Penguin not named Malkin or Neal on a very average team. He would probably be on the top line as well. My guess is unless a guy is wearing a Penguins jersey in your mind he's a minor leaguer. By the way Parise had 69 points to Parenteau's 67. Does that make Parise a minor leaguer?
Bunkerman535
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:41 am

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby mikey287 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:42 pm

Bunkerman535 wrote:
sil wrote:
Bunkerman535 wrote:P A. Looks like a legit #15 on the team this year.


Whew. Good thing we'll only carry 13 forwards and PA will be sent to WB/S where he belongs.

Parenteau had more points than any Penguin not named Malkin or Neal on a very average team. He would probably be on the top line as well. My guess is unless a guy is wearing a Penguins jersey in your mind he's a minor leaguer. By the way Parise had 69 points to Parenteau's 67. Does that make Parise a minor leaguer?


Why do people say things when they don't know anything of what they're talking about...? I just don't get the draw. Why would someone like that exist?

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,109
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Corvidae on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:47 pm

bhaw wrote:I think there should be a poll... you can only vote for

1. PA is an AHLer
2. PA is a guaranteed top line winger who will score 80+ points

No middle ground answers as that means you are not a true hockey fan.


Any real Penguin fan knows this is a trick question.

The answer is:

3. "PA is... who cares? We're signing Parise and Suter and both will take hometown discounts for teh sid!"
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,111
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:47 am

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Bunkerman535 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:49 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:
Bunkerman535 wrote:Everyone is now on the P A Parenteau bandwagon. It will be Parenteau getting the big push from the Penguins not Parise.


Why do you post this stuff like you have a clue what you are talking about? I'm pretty sure not one person with the Pens would want Parenteau over Parise, and they won't know what he wants until July 1...

I post because there exists a right to free speech. Parise is going to cost way too much money. Do you have a clue about what the Penguins player want? :face:
Bunkerman535
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:41 am

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby canaan on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:49 pm

And... We've reached a new low
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,249
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:13 am
Location: H2S

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Streaks House on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
sil wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I am not familiar with this Madden KD Pomp fellow but he sounds like a trustworthy gentleman. How does one follow such a scribe on that Twitter device.


I think it's referring to Mark Madden...who I believe is one of these two gents...

Image Image


Laughing other than on the inside.


And because Madden will see that picture. And probably take a jab at "amateur bloggers and message boards" tomorrow.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,488
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:16 pm
Location: Ted Carrick's Table

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby mikey287 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Bunkerman535 wrote:Do you have a clue...? :face:


When you post, that's what everyone says...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,109
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Corvidae on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Nizcanaan wrote:And... We've reached a new low


Are you referring to the topic or your appearance in the thread? Both are just terrible things.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,111
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:47 am

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Parenteau had more points than Crosby as well. He clearly is the next Toe Blake.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,875
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:31 am
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby fleury495 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:54 pm

To say everyone is on the PA bandwagon is a little premature. I've really only seen a few people on this bandwagon, and for what it will take to get him here (which will be a lot in this FA class) will be way too much. If PA's agent knows how to do business, he waits until Parise signs, and then he jacks up the price even more. He'll be cheaper than Parise, but he still won't be worth the money he'll make.
fleury495
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:19 pm
Location: petr svoboda's house

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Bunkerman535 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:58 pm

mikey287 wrote:
Bunkerman535 wrote:
sil wrote:
Bunkerman535 wrote:P A. Looks like a legit #15 on the team this year.


Whew. Good thing we'll only carry 13 forwards and PA will be sent to WB/S where he belongs.

Parenteau had more points than any Penguin not named Malkin or Neal on a very average team. He would probably be on the top line as well. My guess is unless a guy is wearing a Penguins jersey in your mind he's a minor leaguer. By the way Parise had 69 points to Parenteau's 67. Does that make Parise a minor leaguer?


Why do people say things when they don't know anything of what they're talking about...? I just don't get the draw. Why would someone like that exist?

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

Funny coming from a guy with 9000 post all professing to have knowledge. Pretty funny how when a guy disagrees with your point of view he quotes Mark Twain. I guess that's to show us your intellect . Why don't you tell us why you dislike Parenteau. Btw people like me exists to keep people like you in line.
Bunkerman535
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:41 am

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby columbia on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Both extremes are fairly unbearable.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,407
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BleuLineLady, Desiato, GeoTank, sniper, Wooav8tor and 23 guests


e-mail