Parise wants to stay in Jersey? Doan update.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Parise wants to stay in Jersey? Doan update.

Postby Bioshock on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:06 pm

I simply refuse to be taken in by this! Nope! I don't care if every person on the Damn planet says he's coming here, I just refuse to believe he will be here until his name is signed and Shero has a press conference and I physically see Parise in black and gold! Nope!
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Bioshock wrote:I simply refuse to be taken in by this! Nope! I don't care if every person on the Damn planet says he's coming here, I just refuse to believe he will be here until his name is signed and Shero has a press conference and I physically see Parise in black and gold! Nope!

I am in the same boat as you. I can't get last seasons Jagr debacle and Hossa's '08 stuff out of my head. Lessons were learned in those years in terms of getting hopes up.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby TheHammer24 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:16 pm

I can't even begin to express how sick I am of the brow beatings that Martin gets.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:19 pm

No different than the stuff people throw at Ovechkin or Kovalchuck or Lecavalier or Campbell...the list goes on for overpaid players..
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:19 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:I can't even begin to express how sick I am of the brow beatings that Martin gets.

no point in worrying about it. not gonna change. I just tune it out as much as I can.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Batman on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Not gonna get my hopes up after being double and triple crossed last July 1st.

Still nice to think about, though
Batman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Bioshock wrote:I simply refuse to be taken in by this! Nope! I don't care if every person on the Damn planet says he's coming here, I just refuse to believe he will be here until his name is signed and Shero has a press conference and I physically see Parise in black and gold! Nope!

Yeah. These same people predicted us to win the cup and that didn't turn out too well.
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:15 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:Land Parise and Suter
Trade Martin
Sign Doan to a Guerin like deal in hopes of winning a Cup.

Yeah...Doan is gonna get double what Guerin did. I'm for signing him if we can't get Parise, but he's not coming cheap. He won't get a long term deal from anyone, but he'll likely get a 2yr/$3-$4M per deal.
Hugo Stiglitz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jwmann2 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:07 am

Parise had a great season and a great Stanley Cup but I think the Devils could be the next franchise headed for Seattle, Quebec City or Toronto. The franchise is failing for the same reason the Hartford Whalers did. They're stuck in close proximity to the Islander, Rangers, Flyers and Bruins markets. It's just tough to compete. Although making the Stanley Cup did help their cause financially. It could be some time before we see them exit.

But I expect Parise to demand big money no matter where he goes.
jwmann2

Postby owtahear on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:20 am

Can we sign Ziggy Palffy?
owtahear
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby no name on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:53 am

You are not going to throw in a "i told you so" when he doesn't sign are you? The cahnces of us getting him seem super slim, but its nice to dream of the possibilities. Anyway its a no brainer that this team doesn't need more offence. Shero will concentrate on defence first.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby CERV96 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:44 am

owtahear wrote:Can we sign Ziggy Palffy?

I know this post is obviously a joke but I believe technically we still own his rights if he were to come back.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Bioshock on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:09 am

no name wrote:

You are not going to throw in a "i told you so" when he doesn't sign are you? The cahnces of us getting him seem super slim, but its nice to dream of the possibilities. Anyway its a no brainer that this team doesn't need more offence. Shero will concentrate on defence first.

No, I'm not one of those kinda people. I actually think the chances are decent. I just think something that amazing won't happen to us and Crosby will be forced to wonder the world in search of a winger for all eternity.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:32 am

CERV96 wrote:
owtahear wrote:Can we sign Ziggy Palffy?

I know this post is obviously a joke but I believe technically we still own his rights if he were to come back.

Negative.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ace1 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:07 am

jwmann2 wrote:Parise had a great season and a great Stanley Cup but I think the Devils could be the next franchise headed for Seattle, Quebec City or Toronto. The franchise is failing for the same reason the Hartford Whalers did. They're stuck in close proximity to the Islander, Rangers, Flyers and Bruins markets. It's just tough to compete. Although making the Stanley Cup did help their cause financially. It could be some time before we see them exit.

But I expect Parise to demand big money no matter where he goes.

You're right about the franchise struggling and the close proximity to other teams not helping, but I can't see the Devils moving simply because of their new arena. That's half the battle to landing a team in the first place. I see the Islanders moving before the Devils, but even before them ..... Phoenix. I think that's why Doan is going to test the market. If he's going to pack up the family and move, he'll choose their destination.

Doan definitely fills the veteran leadership void. Bob Errey was saying the other day that that's a void that needs addressed.
Last edited by ace1 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ace1
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby no name on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:18 am

Bioshock wrote:
no name wrote:

No, I'm not one of those kinda people. I actually think the chances are decent. I just think something that amazing won't happen to us and Crosby will be forced to wonder the world in search of a winger for all eternity.

I thought you were going on this like we had no chance at all at him. But yeah i agree its almost sick to think of our top 2 lines with that much talent. But the year we won the cup look at the wingers we had Guerin Kunitz, Talbot and Fedatenko on our top 2 lines. Maybe we need to look for the right wingers not just the highest scoring ones. Parise and Sid.... Geno and Neal, one of those lines will be facing the other teams 2nd pair of defencemen.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins